Re-order Emails Going Out Now

CronoTriggerfan said:
While I appreciate that Chip put together a compilation of Craig's clear (and coded, mind you) posts, many people don't read the forums on a regular basis. Not professionally handled at all, IMO... <_<
Not everyone reads openpandora.org everday either. So they are making contact with email, which means they are making direct contact in a professional manner, they just gave the forum a heads up.

Etinin said:
I just really hope my credit card won't have any problems with it if I have to repay, because I've already been refunded once due to the PayPal problem.
That gives you an unfair advantage - you've had practice. ;)

ljones said:
I wonder if I'm affected? I'm in the UK and I paid by debit card but although the card is labelled "visa" it's also labelled "nationwide", as I'm with a building society rather than a bank. I've not yet got an email -- am I affected?
There's no guarantee you're not - all you can honestly do is wait and see...

Bramrash said:
I paid by debit card, but my card changed shortly after that, still the same bank account though, the card just expired. Does this affect anything?
No - it should get refunded ok, if you are affected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Etinin said:
I just really hope my credit card won't have any problems with it if I have to repay, because I've already been refunded once due to the PayPal problem.
It's not your CC goint to have problems,can't work this way. Unless your CC is an uncommon circuit. If it's a Visa, MC, or what's left.. Bankamericard.. means these top-finance istitutes guarantee for you* the amount of money. So is meaningless if I have a certain type of card but relies on Visa and you have another kind but on Visa as well. They flow together through Visa.
Of course, your peculiar bank may block you or issue any kind of problem, but this should have happened before... not with this coincidence on the pandora order.
So (kept out paypal thing, which I don't know at all and won't never ever use in my life because I don't trust them by skin sensation..) I suppose the pandora team should have to deal not with the single emitter banks of us customer, but only with their bank. So, they might decide to choose a chop of transfers and to send them back.
Anyway, I cannot figure what kind of shty bank would cause this kind of problems: just think of the interest tax of the total amount of money kept for how long now? 1 month? It's a HUGE amount as interests! Proven the uglyest bank will offer you at least the 3%... and I said the uglyest...
Banks are usually happy when you bring money in because it's their primary goal, so they can offer loans to other customers and retrieve more and more money back from them. Every bank is happy if you bring money in unless it came from illecitous sources. And they almost every know when this happens!
This is for sure a side effect of the global finance crisis, probably (imho) pandora's team bank is glad to accept money but is very scared of emptying it in such a short while, because they might have to pay intra-bank debts or whatsoever other damn problem.
As usual, adding 1€ or 1M€ ain't that difference, bank's smiles... but when you take out 1€ it's a thing, if you want to take out all the 1M€ it's totally another thing, because your million is not there any more.. and they always try to make you refrain because they cannot afford that**. Usually you've gotta plan this big money moves, this may be another cause of the inner pandora's bank trouble in managing all the money.
C'mon anyway all will be fine at the end, don't panic!
(imho since I grown in a big bank, but I can make mistakes of course, this should be banking abc) :p

*this is why there are many kinds of the same card.. if your are a trustable-richman you get a Platinum card... if you're a untrusted-commonman you'll be given nothing but the entry level card :D
** and this is why if lots of customers queue alltogether to take out ALL of their money, means bank death.

God Ginrai said:
VRAndy said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
To be honest with you, those of us who have gotten shafted by the PayPal fiasco, told that we were idiots for pushing it and having to re-pay, and are now having to go through this BS again should get moved UP in the damn queue at this point! :rolleyes:

Haha. Except for people who loudly proclaimed that paypal would definitely not ever cause a problem. Those folks should be moved down the list so that the 'innocent' paypal users can move up the list! :p

That means CT would move down the list. XD
I've just calculated scientifically that due to the amount of pots advocating / demanding paypal etc, this will move CT down to the bottom of the second batch. :p

God Ginrai said:
while anyone who ordered from ED comes off scotch free. (Is that the right way to spell that phrase? I've never used it in text before)
I think its getting off scot-free ;)

ashdjones said:
I payed by Debit card, i'm affected aren't I?

:(
Not a clue dude, apparently not everyone, it doesn't make any sense.. Read this on another thread.

jdh2550 said:
no-one knows which orders actually need to be refunded or not (it's not as simple as all orders of

fade said:
God Ginrai said:
while anyone who ordered from ED comes off scotch free. (Is that the right way to spell that phrase? I've never used it in text before)
I think its getting off scot-free ;)

Maybe. I need to look that up sometime.

-God Ginrai

Bugger, checked my emails and lo and behold there it was :( like i said in the sticky thread above, I've since cut my credit card up so not to spend anymore, if the money is refunded to the card how can i reorder (and no i cant afford to pay with cash what with xmas coming up!).....I'm a currently upset customer

Unfathomable Depths said:
Just for comedy value - I wish chad78 had pre-ordered on pre-paid Mastercard.

His rants would have seen me through :lol:
Actually a miss him :D

TaG said:
God Ginrai said:
VRAndy said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
To be honest with you, those of us who have gotten shafted by the PayPal fiasco, told that we were idiots for pushing it and having to re-pay, and are now having to go through this BS again should get moved UP in the damn queue at this point! :rolleyes:

Haha. Except for people who loudly proclaimed that paypal would definitely not ever cause a problem. Those folks should be moved down the list so that the 'innocent' paypal users can move up the list! :p

That means CT would move down the list. XD
I've just calculated scientifically that due to the amount of pots advocating / demanding paypal etc, this will move CT down to the bottom of the second batch. :p

Hey, it's not my fault the team fucked up reading the PayPal bylaws. :lol: Gay as they may be, rulez iz rulez, i suppose.

CTfan,

I can't believe you tarnish the name of ChronoTrigger so precariously. Please remove ChronoTrigger from your handle,

Signed

- Chrono Trigger fans who don't support your views.

P.S. I've read that you were trumpeting the benefits of Paypal loudest, yet you don't wish to take any of the blame.

Why?

Hmm, no email, in the UK and paid on a CC.

I'm just a bit worried my over-zealous spam filter has swallowed the email. Will we get official confimation of the refund criteria, or a list of names of those who need to reorder.

I guess that the last resort is that I'll eventually see the money refunded which will make me realise what's happened.

Fight, fight, fight! Woo, woo, woo.

Oh, that's right I'm not supposed to dump fuel on the flames.

I have to admit that I was there with CT on the Paypal thing, and would have paid using it had I figured out how (at the time I opted to use my debit as a credit since I didn't want to spend the time to figure out while I was already late to leave for school). And I had hoped it would work, because by the time the second batch rolls around I will have the cash again and would probably like a second one (unsure who to gift, but I have a few choices).

Enough with the bickering. I told you I'd lock the sticky if it turned into a bitchfest, and that goes for this thread too. Heck, that goes for every thread.

For those confused as to whether or not they ordered with a credit card, here is how you can tell.

Did you mail Craig a check (personal or certified) or money order?
Did you perform a bank transfer?
Did you personally hand him a wad of cash?

If the answer to all three of those questions is "No", then for the purposes of this refund, you paid with a credit card. No matter what the card says on it, or whether it's a one-time-use virtual card, or a debit card or gift card or anything else, it is treated like a credit card by the bank, and may or may not get refunded. The only people who don't have to check their in box for repayment instructions are:

People who didn't order from Craig's GBAX shop.
People who answered "Yes" to one of the questions above.
People who already got their email and took care of it.

Everybody else is still potentially on the hook. The impression I got was that there was no deciding factor for which cards went through and which didn't. It doesn't matter when you ordered, or where you ordered from, or what kind of card you used. It is essentially random. Watch your in box until you either get the email or get the "all clear". That is the only way you'll know.

Watch your in box until you either get the email or get the "all clear". That is the only way you'll know.

Ah cool, we'll get either an "it's all ok, no need to re-order email" or a "you need to re-order" email then? I didn't realise that, makes life easier wrt spam filters :)

Thanks Chip.

Just to clarify one point, as people get very specific, my purchase and email was through openpandora.org - the website I visited and the email I receive was all openpandora.org. Not once during the purchase process did GBAX get a mention. If you ordered the same way you could also be in the mix.

(My understanding is that openpandora.org and GBAX are both Craig's store. I could be wrong here...)

lardman said:
Watch your in box until you either get the email or get the "all clear". That is the only way you'll know.
Ah cool, we'll get either an "it's all ok, no need to re-order email" or a "you need to re-order" email then? I didn't realise that, makes life easier wrt spam filters :)
I'm not convinced that's what Chip means - I think he is talking about a more general forum or blog announcement that all is finished.

Back