Re-order Emails Going Out Now

This is rough. Good luck Pandora team, I hope everything works out okay. I mean how many people that pre-order actually read these forums. 1/4 or 1/2?

Crossing my fingers for you guys!

Just hopefully to forstall a lot more "Is xxx bank/card affected", chip said the following:

Chip said:
If you don't get an email in the next week, then your credit card order was processed successfully before the bank went wonky. Your order is secure and you don't need to do anything.
Chip, is it fair to extrapolate from this that's it's not a matter of what type of card you paid with, but when you paid?

Not greatly bothered about all this fuss myself, although it will be a pain to have to reorder. Most of the flaps we've had in the last few months have been *because* craig and co have been so forthcoming with information. Who knows how many problems GBH have had with the Wiz, but kept stum about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I've also received the email except mines a little different, as my credit card has expired and they need the new numbers. Seems to be sorted for now though :D

I totally understand how this unfortunate string of events has cropped up though. Paypal was demanded yet advised against, and did what was expected of them. The banks have been a pain to the development people with no credit rating operating with no overheads, and rightly needed to be changed. The banks naturally don't want to part with the CC payments (in this climate) and thus the dev's are forced to do this.

It's a shame, as it doesn't look good but I feel its to be expected from a small company starting out. Hopefully after many more batches they will no longer be small and things will go without a hitch.

The increased specs are an amazing bonus too, so I ain't complaining and have every faith this is gonna be a piece of kit well worth the wait. B)

Chip said:
Gibberish and Edca22: Did you miss the sticky? Everything that you need to know is there.
Careful, now. For some people, this truly is a nightmare. While veteran forumers are generally calm and deal with the bad news rather than complain, others who are a little less informed will instantly think this is step 2 of a scam. "Need to know" can be a dangerous phrase to throw around.

Rephrasing, that sticky clears up much of the mystery going on around here. Asking beyond what is covered there will almost certainly not get anyone anywhere, because there in all likelihood isn't an answer for anything not already covered in that sticky at this point.

This is just another reason amongst the other hundreds of reasons to stay calm, be patient, and to read the stickies.

Can anyone cofirm that they have A, had the email and B also had the refund?

It seems a little strange that people would be getting an email but not have a refund showing.

or maybe it isnt, just find it all a little odd and agree that something should be posted in something remotely approaching a proffesional manner! e.g blog post or update on pandora.org.
Im not saying details because we dont need to know that but even the fact that memory has increased isnt on there! It just makes the whole thing seem very dodgy.

I'm guessing it hasn't been refunded at my end, as no one else has said they've been refunded yet.

mazza558 said:
I'm guessing it hasn't been refunded at my end, as no one else has said they've been refunded yet.
Asking for bank transfers to be sent to them before refunds then just makes it seem very dodgy.

For what its worth I dont think anything IS dodgy as the effort and background etc make a scam very unlikely IMO.

stustaff said:
Asking for bank transfers to be sent to them before refunds then just makes it seem very dodgy.
This is NOT whats being asked, its only being presented as an alternative way of paying, because it cuts out the slice thats taken away from them for processing credit card payments.

I phoned GBax and spoke to the very nice lady on the phone (Who's working up to 16 hrs a day for us, to make sure everythings ok btw!) and she advised me that the refunds will appear in accounts either the next day, or within a few days of you receiving the email, she also advised NOT to reorder until you confirm that you've been refunded. The speed of the refunding is really just dependant on whoever your card is with.

Is it bad that this doesn't bother me at all. Actually it hasn't bothered me since they said "You will still keep your same place in line."

stustaff said:

From the email:
Once your refund is complete and back in your account you can either make an online bank transfer (they are free in the UK) to:

(Open Pandora Ltd. Bank Details)

Or you can re-order via credit or debit card. Please let us know what you would like to do.

Doesn't seem too dodgy.

I replied saying that I'd prefer to stick with a credit card payment (slightly paranoid but did add I'd be happy to pay a credit card surcharge to cover their fees), and the lovely Jacquelyn (who must never sleep!) replied to me within 20 minutes saying a link to the new ordering page would be sent to me as soon as it was ready.

I have now received the email, I used a LloydsTSB Mastercard (Credit Card), I don't mind at all having to resubmit a payment, having to wait even longer to actually get the Pandora is a lot more painful [got my fingers crossed for before xmas now]! But I'm sure it's 10 times worse the the people on the otherside, so I'll just maintain the British stiff upper lip, and do what we do best, queue! :D

fade said:
ashdjones said:
I payed by Debit card, i'm affected aren't I?

:(
Well, I had paid using Visa Debit. But it doesn't matter unless you get an email, and even then, the re-order process doesn't appear to be a big deal at all and you don't lose your place in line or anything like that. ;)

To be honest with you, those of us who have gotten shafted by the PayPal fiasco, told that we were idiots for pushing it and having to re-pay, and are now having to go through this BS again should get moved UP in the damn queue at this point! :rolleyes:

I haven't gotten the email yet, but I'm by no means considering myself in the clear. Though this may all end up just fine, there should have been an official announcement. While I appreciate that Chip put together a compilation of Craig's clear (and coded, mind you) posts, many people don't read the forums on a regular basis. Not professionally handled at all, IMO... <_<

CronoTriggerfan said:
To be honest with you, those of us who have gotten shafted by the PayPal fiasco, told that we were idiots for pushing it and having to re-pay, and are now having to go through this BS again should get moved UP in the damn queue at this point! :rolleyes:
So you made a bad choice, ended up paying for it, and now things are looking bad enough to start demanding compensation? Who do you think you are, a major financial firm?
Bad CT! No Government buyout for you! :p
</offtopic type="politics" mood="humor">

I just really hope my credit card won't have any problems with it if I have to repay, because I've already been refunded once due to the PayPal problem.

CronoTriggerfan said:

Haha. Except for people who loudly proclaimed that paypal would definitely not ever cause a problem. Those folks should be moved down the list so that the 'innocent' paypal users can move up the list! :p

I wonder if I'm affected? I'm in the UK and I paid by debit card but although the card is labelled "visa" it's also labelled "nationwide", as I'm with a building society rather than a bank. I've not yet got an email -- am I affected?

ljones

Has anyone from North America gotten an email yet? I know these will probably trickle out over the week but I'm just curious.

Umm, not got an email so far, but just in case, can I ask a question to someone who is older/knows more than me (i'm 21 and still feel i know nothing about anything real life people have to do)

I paid by debit card, but my card changed shortly after that, still the same bank account though, the card just expired. Does this affect anything?

Oh, and I'm in the UK, hopefully I wont need to re order. And for whoever earlier said that this stuff hasn't bothered them.......it hasn't really bothered me either, i might feel a bit different if i was new to the community, i dunno.

In the Netherlands, a lot of creditcards are actually debit-cards and I wonder how the process of refunding with work there.
Not that I have received any email yet. I am just hoping all went without a hickup in the case of my pre-order.

paddy said:
i think its the uk only that got hit with the reorder prob but i could be wrong ,im sure i read that everything was ok doki at ED's side of the street.

i got the mail as well ,not too bothered tho and will be paying once the funds clear ,but i will for sure be paying via cc and not bank transfer.
It's not that the UK only got hit, but that GBAX specifically got hit. (That's how I understand it) Therefore, anyone who ordered through GBAX might have to deal with this, while anyone who ordered from ED comes off scotch free. (Is that the right way to spell that phrase? I've never used it in text before)

VRAndy said:
CronoTriggerfan said:

Haha. Except for people who loudly proclaimed that paypal would definitely not ever cause a problem. Those folks should be moved down the list so that the 'innocent' paypal users can move up the list! :p
That means CT would move down the list. XD

-God Ginrai

Back