Re-order Emails Going Out Now

TaG said:
Thanks Chip.

Just to clarify one point, as people get very specific, my purchase and email was through openpandora.org - the website I visited and the email I receive was all openpandora.org. Not once during the purchase process did GBAX get a mention. If you ordered the same way you could also be in the mix.

(My understanding is that openpandora.org and GBAX are both Craig's store. I could be wrong here...)

Thanks for the clarification, I was wondering about the GBAX thing, since european preorders went through openpandora.org and not GBAX.

Last edited by a moderator:
anybody from the Republic of Ireland gotten any emails or refunds on this yet? I think I ordered through the European section(followed whatever links were most relevant at the time). I've gotten no emails or refunds back to my account (so far at least)..... (well the order was processed through Protx)

I'm in North America, so I still have a chance of getting the email. I just wanted to ask if the International Transaction fee that I was charged to my credit card would be refunded. If not... would I still have to pay it again if i reordered?

Refunds on cards can take 48 hours and upwards to appear on your account.

I still am confused as to why some would be accepted and others would not, but hey... What do I know... I'm only MasterCard CVP certified...

OK, so I suppose that if my GMail spam filter hasn't catched the refund mail, and I see no refund on my bank account (I paid with a debit card) on the next 72 hours, then my payment is clear...

I hope NOT to have deleted the refund mail by mistake off my GMail spam folder. Haven't read about refunds being made until today.

CronoTriggerfan said:
TaG said:
God Ginrai said:
VRAndy said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
To be honest with you, those of us who have gotten shafted by the PayPal fiasco, told that we were idiots for pushing it and having to re-pay, and are now having to go through this BS again should get moved UP in the damn queue at this point! :rolleyes:

Haha. Except for people who loudly proclaimed that paypal would definitely not ever cause a problem. Those folks should be moved down the list so that the 'innocent' paypal users can move up the list! :p

That means CT would move down the list. XD
I've just calculated scientifically that due to the amount of pots advocating / demanding paypal etc, this will move CT down to the bottom of the second batch. :p

Hey, it's not my fault the team fucked up reading the PayPal bylaws. :lol: Gay as they may be, rulez iz rulez, i suppose.
I wasn't talking about how rules were not read or any of that.

I'm talking about the fact that you started bitching about how pissed you would be if GBAX didn't have Paypal, when Craig himself had said that he didn't want to use Paypal because he hadn't had good experiences with them. You and the others who kept asking for it were the only reason that Paypal was offered, so it's not their fault if you had to re-order because Paypal, the same paypal that they didn't trust, disallowed the transactions.

-God Ginrai

Just saying, first a PayPal fuck up, and now credit cards? You guys aren't pissing on all the folks who told me to suck it up and get a credit/debit card instead of using PayPal. So much for objectivity. :roll:

Again, these delays are getting a bit ridiculous. Some first-batch Pandoras not until 2009 and we still haven't even seen one, a bit silly. Again, it's not like I don't have confidence in the project (obviously I do, I preordered the damn thing! :lol: ) but these delays are insane at this point. ED actually locked a thread that jokingly said that Pandoras wouldn't ship until 2009 in the first batch; that dude wasn't too far off.

CTfan,

Look, I can see you are really upset. We got a RAM upgrade free of charge. That should be enough. Why bother saying Paypal was FUBAR when you were a propellant supporting Paypal?

Demanding MORE from Pandora Co. is silly. If you honestly feel that Pandora Co. isn't doing enough for you, ask for a refund.

Otherwise it just seems like you are complaining for the fun of it.

Here is the difference: credit cards are the most widely available, widely used, and one of the safest forms of transfer. paypal has none of those qualities. the chances that credit cards would fuck up were very minimal, and really its not the credit cards, its the way the bank processed them.

This is disheartening. Things were going so well until some nameless bank decides to be a a$$h*le...

I however did not pay with PP OR CC... :) Of course it cost me extra... but piece of mind seems to cost a few dollars more these days... Double the RAM is so worth it incase you are thinking of giving up.

Its the difference between a near full desktop and only running a 1 or 2 apps at once.
(Heck OO and all the usual desktop apps can work in 256 - just don't run them all at once)

Browsers also do Much better with more ram. Also if not all of the 512Mb NAND is used ~ means extra space can be used for wear leveling (lets the NAND last even longer!)

Just got my email and there wasn't any problems with it being sucked into a spam folder or anything.. Again, it plainly says in the email we won't lose our place, so we haven't really lost anything.

PoisonedV said:
Here is the difference: credit cards are the most widely available, widely used, and one of the safest forms of transfer. paypal has none of those qualities. the chances that credit cards would fuck up were very minimal, and really its not the credit cards, its the way the bank processed them.
+1

-God Ginrai

well still no e-mail i must be in the 3700 as i did not order till 9:30 on the 5 so will just sit here and see

Still no email and i've had a pm from another user who used maestro with hsbc and he hasn't recieved anything either. - i think we've got away with it :D

Having said that the point of this post wasn't to refuse what has been said.

But let's face it, it does not make any sense. Where is the logic behind some being hit and others not despite using similar card. Also, changing the definition of credit card for the sake of this issue doesn't help either.

It really is a silly position and an official post from cragix would nice to explaining what has happened and the reason behind the 'randomness' of the refunds. Yes i know they're changing banks. but that doesn't explain why some have to be refunded and others haven't. It looks like i'm not going to have to and i ordered with a debit. - But why?

This isn't supposed to be a rant at all. Don't want to start any conflict, just expressing my view on this whole refund thing.

Well I know I'm confused. I have no problem with delays, mix-ups, changes in plans or anything at all, if we're told about it, and I know the Pandora team are working to get a great product together. But the lack of straight information is baffling. The email content that people have posted is confusing and seems misleading and for several days I had no idea what was going on (and still don't with regards to the reasons for the reorder) and I'm sure there are many who don't check the boards who have no idea something is up - or even about the great news of the RAM upgrade.

I really wish we could have a concise and honest update on the main page for things like this.

But thanks hugely to Chip, who has made such a great effort in clearing this up as far as he can. I really appreciate that. It makes all the difference.

BeefJerky said:
I really wish we could have a concise and honest update on the main page for things like this.

But thanks hugely to Chip, who has made such a great effort in clearing this up as far as he can. I really appreciate that. It makes all the difference.
I Agree, There is a blog on the main so why doesn't it get updated every three days or so, it's a community project, so unlike other consoles manufactures - I think we should be better informed. Still waiting for the other forum to merge with this one, That forum is getting quieter and quieter by the day.

That's all this is anyway - gossip. The real threads are going to come when the pandora is out!!! Getting excited so i'm probably just going to chill out until the end of Nov and check back here for updates.

joa said:
Also, changing the definition of credit card for the sake of this issue doesn't help either.
Do you mean debit cards counted as credit cards? It's because at the receiving end it all looks like credit cards. Debit cards are just a dirty hack on top of the existing credit card system. B)

Any Aussies get an email yet?

I paid with a UK credit card on GBAX, not had an email yet though.....

I've had no email either, so I assume my order is fine. I think it would do a lot to ease people's worries if some kind of order status page could be set up where people can enter some identifying information (order number?) and see the status of their order. I trust this community and particularly gbax , I've done a fair bit of business with them now and never been let down. This may not however be the case for the newcomers who have joined us because of the Pandora, I can understand their anxiety.

Back