Re-order Emails Going Out Now

I think if it were known it would've been thrown out there as fact already. Since it is being done by hand that most likely means looking at each order one at a time and sending out the email if necessary. They will not know the % until they are done I am guessing.

I'm affected, just checked my mail and i have it. No worries tho! I'm off to the bank now to make sure the refund is in, if it is I'm going to pay Craig & Co via Bank Transfer, even tho I have the option of paying by visa. I've always had a good experience buying from GBax, I trust them and i can't fault their service. The 256Mb and 512 Nand is coming out their own pockets to give the community the best device they can. I'm glad to be able to help any way I can! ;)

gotten anything yet.

There is a definite note of suspense in the air. :p[/quote]Yes, but for those fretting, it does look simple so don't worry too much.

White Demon said:
Why is it being done Geographically? Surely it would have been better to do it by queue placement?

Possibly due to currency - it will be easiest to sort UK orders first as currency should not come into it. Could be totally wrong, they might have picked geographically for any other reason.
Despellanion said:
I haven't recieved any email regarding re-ordering. Does this concern me as well, then?

As far as I understand it no one is safe until craigix says they have all been sent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chip said:
peelie said:
yeah i read that but debit and credit cards are treated differently i believe? i hope so since i paid with debit lol
Unless you entered your pin number at some point (you didn't), the transaction went through as a credit card. You are in the same boat as everybody else.

Just some clarification- is this /All/ Visa/MC orders? Is it specific to any particular region or series?

AireTamStorm said:
Chip said:
peelie said:
yeah i read that but debit and credit cards are treated differently i believe? i hope so since i paid with debit lol
Unless you entered your pin number at some point (you didn't), the transaction went through as a credit card. You are in the same boat as everybody else.Just some clarification- is this /All/ Visa/MC orders? Is it specific to any particular region or series?
ashdjones said:
I payed by Debit card, i'm affected aren't I?

No one has declared any information on who is or isn't affected, what 'groups' or 'regions' it covers. Hence the constant "Don't panic, wait and see" comments.

ashdjones said:
I payed by Debit card, i'm affected aren't I?

:(
Well, I had paid using Visa Debit. But it doesn't matter unless you get an email, and even then, the re-order process doesn't appear to be a big deal at all and you don't lose your place in line or anything like that. ;)

i got the email.

why does the email imply that we are getting refunded because of the memory and nand upgrade? this is not the case is it. i dont like this much.

my bank doesnt show that i've been refunded, maybe i'll re-order when the refund shows up but tbh im not so sure. im sure my order will be snapped up by somebody else if i decide not to.

i wish people would just be straight with us. there is one line in the email that hints towards it being a problem with the bank, and the entire rest of the mail implies we are being refunded due to the upgrade - why would you say this? we all know it is not the case. tell us the whole truth and stop with the salesman talk ffs.

I have to say, this whole thing has been really confusing.

Craig said he'd been advised not to post on the blog...why? In case he upsets the bank? Or spoils the company image? It would seem far better to just explain the situation clearly... I sometimes dont get emails - what happens if an email is sent to me but I don't get it?

What I do understand about the current situation has been put together from about 15 seperate posts by craig in different threads on the forum! It just seems that the forums are not the most reliable way to stay in contact with the customer and they seem to be reliant on them...if I hadn't come on the forums I probably wouldn't have a Pandora because I didn't get an email until after Craig said that 2000 were already gone. What about people who don't check the forums?

I'm really not criticising, just searching for clarity...as I guess are many others. I hope this doesn't result in a page of flames, seriously guys, I understand the pressure the pandora team are under and how hard they've worked, I just don't want to get kicked off the pre-order because I miss the mail or something - I've resisted posting throughout this whole re-order thing but just had to ask now that the emails are going and I haven't received one! My guess is I'll be fine, but surely a little reassurance isn't that hard to come by?!

:)

EdCa22 said:
I have to say, this whole thing has been really confusing.

Has it? Perhaps if you're trying to divine things that you don't need to know. The stuff that actually matters to the consumer has been made pretty clear if you ask me. (Which you haven't, I realize.)

Craig said he'd been advised not to post on the blog...why? In case he upsets the bank?

Probably for some reason he's also not advised to talk about. Perhaps there is possibility of a lawsuit.
I probably wouldn't have a Pandora because I didn't get an email until after Craig said that 2000 were already gone. What about people who don't check the forums?

This is completely false. He kept the pre-orders open all weekend. The newsletter and blog were updated in plenty of time for people to pre-order their Pandoras.

but surely a little reassurance isn't that hard to come by?!

He said a whole bunch of times not to panic and that it wasn't going to be a big deal.

Just relax and roll with the punches.

i think its the uk only that got hit with the reorder prob but i could be wrong ,im sure i read that everything was ok doki at ED's side of the street.

i got the mail as well ,not too bothered tho and will be paying once the funds clear ,but i will for sure be paying via cc and not bank transfer.

Gibberish and Edca22: Did you miss the sticky? Everything that you need to know is there.

This is more complicated than I thought - I thought we'd be getting a link, but it turns out to be a bank transfer instead. Oh well.

Has anyone with a Natwest account been refunded yet?

Chip said:
Gibberish and Edca22: Did you miss the sticky? Everything that you need to know is there.

yes i saw the sticky but im talking about the email. why does the email suggest that the refunds are because of the memory upgrades?

EdCa22 said:
... I sometimes dont get emails - what happens if an email is sent to me but I don't get it?
In the email that is sent it says "Please let us know what you would like to do.". So hopefully they will get back in touch with anyone that doesn't respond. As I have said before in another thread it is safer and more'robust' to send an email to everyone, that way anyone that doesn't get some form of email can get in touch. ATM we have to leave it to them - tehy are dealing with the issue best they can...

Back