Thinking About Cancelling My Order

airwolf

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hi all,

I just recently (today) lost my decent paying job. I ordered 2 Pandoras (one for me and one for wife) and I am thinking of canceling my orders. Is this possible? I have already sent the bank transfer for both orders and paid in full. Any help is greatly appreciated. If so, what are the repercussions for canceling?

Thank you,
DS

****EDIT****the below information I have already sent to email address: openpandorasales@gmail.com
Here are the details of my orders and some questions:

Order number 01
GXX********** (I gave the actual order number)
Originally paid by CC: $393.85
Credited back: $340.63
Paid by bank transfer: $340.63

Order number 02
GXX********** (I gave the actual order number)
Originally paid by CC: $354.21
Credited back: $295.83
Paid by bank transfer: $295.83

The total amount charged on CC was $748.06.
The total bank transfer amount was $636.46

My other questions are:

1. Can I cancel one or both of these orders?
2. If so, will I receive a refund and how much would that be?
3. Would the refund be the amount of my bank transfer or the amount I originally charged on my credit card?
4. Would the refund(s) be in dollars ($)?
5. How soon could I expect this refund and how would it be administered?

Thank you.

You could try e-mailing this to the openpandorasales e-mail, they might know what to do.
Sorry you have to cancel :(

Last edited by a moderator:
'WhiteFalcon' said:
That is bad, man, but what about just reducing the number to one Pandora and share it between the two of you?
I understand your enthusiasm and support for the console. However, dude just lost his job. I think he has more important things to worry about....like rent.

To OP. I wish you the best of luck. We're in some shitty times.

'Auritribe' said:
'WhiteFalcon' said:
That is bad, man, but what about just reducing the number to one Pandora and share it between the two of you?
I understand your enthusiasm and support for the console. However, dude just lost his job. I think he has more important things to worry about....like rent.

To OP. I wish you the best of luck. We're in some shitty times.

+1

The global economy is F*cked! - The world is in a mess - blame dem dam banks

'airwolf' said:
Hi all,

I just recently (today) lost my decent paying job. I ordered 2 Pandoras (one for me and one for wife) and I am thinking of canceling my orders. Is this possible? I have already sent the bank transfer for both orders and paid in full. Any help is greatly appreciated. If so, what are the repercussions for canceling?

Thank you,
DS
really sorry to hear that. but in case you have a bit of air still, i'd rather wait for the shipment and put them up on ebay. i'd bet you'll get more that way.

I'm sure they could refund it, sucks though. Hopefully by now you've emailed them directly instead of hoping for forum correspondence.

I lost my job a a few months ago thanks to this ecconomy but since I have no dependants and relavitly low living expenses I went ahead with my order. I'd already sent the money in the innitual creditcard situation but when it was sent back to me I just said "since I have the funds I might as well send them back since they're just going to go into credit card payments at some point anyway."

I will say this though, even in a horrible ecconomy you cant deprive yourself of entertainment for too long. Yes it good to limit expenses but you still have to spend a little somthing on yourself from time to time you you get totally miserable.

airwolf said:
Hi all,

Thank you,
DS

If you paid by bank transfer, are you still out the transfer charge? If so, you might want to look for people in your general region who might want one. Look up your local LUG ("Linux User Group") and see if any of them are interested. You could charge somewhere between the base price and what you actually paid for it, so you get more back, but they pay less than what they'd have to if *they* needed to wire the money over.

yeah if your quick about it (before the second batch) and quite near the front of the queue I think ebay might be a better idea. plus you could always sell one on ebay and keep the other. TBH if you have lost your job, having something to keep you entertained in the current mundane climate might keep you soldiering on. Hope you find another soon - currently trying to find a new job as need to relocate so "sortof" feel your pain.

'Alpha2' said:
I'm sure they could refund it, sucks though. Hopefully by now you've emailed them directly instead of hoping for forum correspondence.

I lost my job a a few months ago thanks to this ecconomy but since I have no dependants and relavitly low living expenses I went ahead with my order. I'd already sent the money in the innitual creditcard situation but when it was sent back to me I just said "since I have the funds I might as well send them back since they're just going to go into credit card payments at some point anyway."

I will say this though, even in a horrible ecconomy you cant deprive yourself of entertainment for too long. Yes it good to limit expenses but you still have to spend a little somthing on yourself from time to time you you get totally miserable.
additionally... it probably beats paying 60$ a pop for current gen games. I admit.

Last time I was out of work I played video games almost constantly. It kept me from getting depressed. It didn't hurt I got severance pay for 8 months so I didn't really see any loss of money until that ran out.

the time before this I at least had a savings that kept me in decent shape for a couple of years. Unfortunatly last year I was the victim of a scam, I was able to get clear of it but not with enough time to build up a savings again so when it happened this time I`m pretty much living on unemployment for the time being until I can get something steady that isnt going to implode in 2 months.

I still buy the 60 dollar games just not as many of them.

airwolf I would like to buy one of your pandoras :)

I couldn't do bank transfer (because my father doesn't feel sure with it) I didn't preorder my spare unit.

If you can accept Postepay payment (postepay is a visa credit card, very similiar to paypal) I (after asking for the permission to my parents) can send you the money you ppaid originally :)
You'll be able to send me the Pandora when it'll arrive...
What do you think?

'MiL0' said:
yeah I think you'll be able to sell them on here airwolf - plenty of people would probably jump at the chance to buy a Pandora via paypal ;)
I'm the first!!! :)

Hi all-

Thanks for all the words of comfort. My job was here in the good 'ol USA in Chicago. I was an Oracle Admin for 2 yrs, liked the job, hated the company...very poorly managed. I also am slightly underwater on my townhouse and have about 10K in CC debt and a $590 a month car loan, so I am cash strapped now. Unemployment will probably be only 550/wk (got one son). I am trying for that New Loan Modification Program, filling out paperwork now...

So, do you really think I would get more on E-Bay for one or both of the Pandora's? If I sell to someone here on this forum, I might do that, but how could I get paid via PayPal? Are there any other options for payments to me? What are the charges for these options? Thank you to all of you who replied.

Take care all...
:)

Back