Pyra Marketing Slogan

There were a few good suggestions in this thread, please dont fill it with trash.

how bout this?

Pyra: Play your retro anywhere

Personally I think it shouldn't be advertized as an an retro device.

It kinda causes a bad impact on what matters the most, the native ports we have: an awesome library of native games and applications for all the needs (office, entertainment, education, devolopment...) it should be avertized more as a portable computer rather than a cheap emulating machine.  

For exemple we can promote it as the future of computers fitting in your pocket. :D

Plus if it is promoted in that way we are more likelly to get more devolopers and computer enthusiasts!!!

I think emulators are just icing on the cake ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
If we get it, we should advertise it, yes, but even if we do get it it's not what the Pyra is primarily about, it's just a feature, so probably shouldn't factor into the main tagline.

Pyra is of a smartphone what an UFO is of an airplane.

I was just thinking about a more dynamic slogan, one which could be switched up a little bit depending on when it was used.

But with a constant being the end line:

"...And so much more"

Also to include the letters [P] [Y] [R] [A], but the PYR would be the dynamic ones.

[...]

"[P]lay, [Y]ours, [R]etro, ...[A]nd so much more"

"[P]ortable, [Y]ours, [R]oot, ...[A]nd so much more"

"[P]ocketable, [Y]ours, [R]emote, ...[A]nd so much more"

"[P]ython, [Y]ours, [R]uby, ...[A]nd so much more"
I like the above idea. I would use the word "Your", make it italic for emphasis, and make little sentences with it. Like this:

Play Your Retro-games... And so much more!

Program Your Realizations... And so much more!

Perfect Your Roadworthiness... And so much more!

Pocket Your Rhythms... And so much more!

Potentially Your Revolution... And so much more!

Power Your Relaxation... And so much more!

Prefer Your Reality... And so much more!

Protect Your Reliability... And so much more!

Push Your Robustness... And so much more!

Pocketable. Yours. Remarkable. And so much more!

Some more potentially useful words:

Pack,Participate, Passion, Peers, Performance, Pleasant, Polymath, Portability, Precise, Priority, Privacy, Pro, Produce, Provide, Pur

Remote, Roaming
I think 'And so much more' is possibly the campest slogan I can think of.

Has anyone suggested recursive acronyms yet?

Pyra - Your Reality Anywhere (or preferably a phrase that actually means something)
Pyra: Play your retro anywhere

We are getting there!

Levi is absolutely right that "and so much more" kinda sucks (not just because it sounds too much like cheap advertizing, but also because making a backronym where the "A" stands for "And" is a bit weak). It's also a bit redundant if you have different slogans for all those different uses.

So let's replace it with "Anywhere", which nicely emphasizes the portability/pocketability which is probably the defining property of the device, together with it being hacker-friendly and completely "yours", which was already emphasized with the recurring "Your".

Play Your Retro-games... Anywhere!

Program Your Realizations... Anywhere!

Pocket Your Rhythms... Anywhere!

Power Your Relaxation... Anywhere!

Prefer Your Reality... Anywhere!

Protect Your Reliability... Anywhere!

Push Your Robustness... Anywhere!

Perfect. Yours. Reliable. Anywhere!

Polymath. Yours. Remarkable. Anywhere!

These could be used as headings on the website when talking about the different features and use cases.

Pyra; The evil within Pandora's box has evolved.

Pyra; A new generation of evil.

Pyra; And you thought a graphing calculator was nerdy..

Pyra: Yo dawg, we heard you like buttons...

Back