Pyra Hardware specifications

I was looking at the OMAP5 documentation, and I'm curious if the Pyra will support FM radio and digital television? Both functions appear to be in the SoC.

I was looking at the OMAP5 documentation, and I'm curious if the Pyra will support FM radio and digital television? Both functions appear to be in the SoC.
Sure, if you have a USB TV/FM Tuner... Outside of hardware video decoding, there really isn't anything specific on the SoC for it.

Am I misreading the spec PDF then? It shows a pin for television antenna.
Which PDF? and which page?

I see a couple mentions of a TV output, but no input. nor any references to Antenna outside of PCB layout considerations.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know the exact page number, but it's the first page that has a block diagram of the SoC with all the pinouts.

The only mention I can see remotely resembles what you are talking about in that Block Diagram (Page 3) is "LCD and TV overlays" which is referencing the system that outputs to the LCD and HDMI.. There is no TV tuner built into the SoC, if there was I would think it would be boldly stated in section (1.1 Features on Page 1). I would also think if the feature existed, ED and GTA04 would have made it a selling point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since this thread deals with Pyra specs, does anyone know which WiFi standards will be supported (802.11n or 802.11ac) ?

Since this thread deals with Pyra specs, does anyone know which WiFi standards will be supported (802.11n or 802.11ac) ?
I didn't search here, so this may be a bit outdated.  This says n.
I have searched for "wifi" not "wi-fi" so I found only the summary at the bottom of the page (I should have looked for 802.11).

802.11n can be used in 2.4GHz or 5GHz frequency bands. Is there some way to find out if 5GHz will be supported?

I didn't search here, so this may be a bit outdated.  This says n.
I have searched for "wifi" not "wi-fi" so I found only the summary at the bottom of the page (I should have looked for 802.11).

802.11n can be used in 2.4GHz or 5GHz frequency bands. Is there some way to find out if 5GHz will be supported?
It says a/b/g/n, implying that the 5GHz band is supported as this is what the "a" version uses.

slightly updated the first post - I guess the WAN part still needs an update, need to find some time to search for the relevant part

Back