Psx4gp2x Beta Testers Thread

X-Code

Beermaster
Website
www.bitmaniacs.com
Everything is possible, excluding things that simply aren't :lol:, everyone should be patient, a big project can get buggy, and debugging takes more time on a big project...

I need a beer :blink:

Nr.56

Everything is possible, excluding things that simply aren't :lol:, everyone should be patient, a big project can get buggy, and debugging takes more time on a big project...

I need a beer :blink:
me too!!! :D

you want to code some stuff? tell me, why there are no games based on the yety engine? i think it would look great

Last edited by a moderator:

X-Code

Beermaster
Website
www.bitmaniacs.com
I don't know why no one has actually tried, but the demo speaks worlds about power, and if I could manage to get my claws into it, my RPG would go from isometric oldstyle to full 3D glory ( ok, it's a little far-fetched ), but it is an idea :).

Nr.56

I don't know why no one has actually tried, but the demo speaks worlds about power, and if I could manage to get my claws into it, my RPG would go from isometric oldstyle to full 3D glory ( ok, it's a little far-fetched ), but it is an idea :).
it is a good idea.
isn´t it more easy to take a existing engine as start from the scratch?
it would be a wise decision, rewarded by a graet look.
i´m waiting for 2 releases now. it´s more exciting. :D

Nr.56

I like to make my own stuff, but even so, I'll admit that the Yeti engine is pretty good, doesn't mean that I'll use it :)... I like pain :blink:
I don't grudge you your pain! (masochist?) :D

waiting for one release is painful enough for me <_<
and i don´t like pain! :p

X-Code

Beermaster
Website
www.bitmaniacs.com
Pain is good :blink: , at least until it hurts :lol:

My ideas are distant projects in a distant future depicted in the past at present :huh:

Don't ask, I have my plans, I need time for them to evolve and give me a pain in the backside again :lol:

banner88

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
So, this will be an optimization release, with the big dynarec speedup release still in the future, right?

At any rate, can't wait.... :D

hilarycheng

Still Fresh
Just try the new version. It is really GREAT IMPROVED!, I am testing a 2D strategy game (japanese version) and OC to 250Mhz with No Interlace. As Compare to version 1, much more smooth (average have 17-19 fps). Much playerable. If dynrec is done, it should be playable without OC!!!

THX zodttd, UNAI, Tinnus :D :D :D

X-Code

Beermaster
Website
www.bitmaniacs.com
Let's not forget that this is the beta-testers thread, people should continue to post their results here :lol: .

I'll be posting a full revision of all my previously tested games in a day or three, I'll also include the games that I missed out on the previous tests, yes, I'm mad :blink:

X-Code

Beermaster
Website
www.bitmaniacs.com
Resident Evil 3 PAL BIN :

Resident Evil 3 Nemesis PAL ( BIN ) [ Public Beta 2 ] :

OC : 250
VSYNC : x
FPS : x, sadly this doesn't work now... I know that the bin is ok, because I re-tested with 1.8 :).
INTERLACE : 0
PROGRESSIVE : OFF
UC_PSX : No changes

Dino Crisis 2 PAL ( BIN ) [ Public Beta 2 ] :

OC : 250
VSYNC : 47
FPS : 24 After the warning screen, the game continues but all that is visible now is the capcom logo screen :lol:
INTERLACE : 0
PROGRESSIVE : OFF
UC_PSX : No changes

CABBAGES

Very Active Member
Website
Visit site
is there any way atall to fix the tv out ? even the tv out wont fix it. I want to make some videos but it only shows half the screen on tv out :(. Also can sound be turned on ? it was good tryin sound in some of the earlier releases.

X-Code

Beermaster
Website
www.bitmaniacs.com
As has probably been mentioned, sound is disabled in this release, it is a beta and the main aim is to raise compatibility, stability and speed :).

As for the video out matter, I have no clue, are you sure that you have the right format output ? ( ntsc / pal ).

Jarska333

What do you want?
Website
Visit site
is there any way atall to fix the tv out ? even the tv out wont fix it. I want to make some videos but it only shows half the screen on tv out :(. Also can sound be turned on ? it was good tryin sound in some of the earlier releases.
TV-out fixer fixes the tv out, and doesn't even enlarge the image after every refresh, like it used to do in previous PSX4ALL version. :)

gamefan999

Wow, just tried the PSX emu for the first time. I can't say how excited I was when I saw SFEX2 running on my GP!!! OMG!

Here's my results

Street Fighter EX 2 (Japanese version)

OC 220
VSYNC Sorry, didn't know that was important! Didn't see.
FPS average of 7, consistently, in-game
PROGRESSIVE On
UC_PSX Again, didn't notice!

Sorry for the lack of some info above, I'll edit this post after I try again later.

I am so impressed that I can actually play a PSX ISO on the GP!!! Really, just amazing. Who needs the hardware acceleration?! It will look great when/if full framerates are achieved.

Also: does anyone know if you can run the "stripped" version of an ISO, i.e., blanking out the video/audio files with blank dummy files? I think I got a "LOAD SUCCESS" message with SFEX2, but then couldn't get past blank screens. Maybe it was just because there were so many videos I had blanked, and it took so long to load, that the game was really running but I didn't know it! Has any one else tried this? It's a real space saver, you can strip a 400MB ISO down to 60MB or so. I got the tutorial here:

http://www.pocketmatrix.com/guides/psxrip/