Psx4gp2x Beta Testers Thread

Butchke

Still Fresh
Oh it's good to know.
Your results are not bad - and if that's with the old beta then I can hardly wait for the new release...

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
I wanted to add that FF origins worked on the last beta release. I think it was in 20's for frame rate. It was playable, but im waiting for a newer version before I put time into it.

kevcal

Coding " Abduction;Retrieval "
Website
homepage.ntlworld.com
I wanted to add that FF origins worked on the last beta release. I think it was in 20's for frame rate. It was playable, but im waiting for a newer version before I put time into it.
Only tried Soul Blade so far and found I could only select the cue file not the bin - said load success and went black - guess I really dunno what I'm doing! ;)
Will wait for beta release and test everything my son has (30+ games) that others don't appear to.. :)

Kev

Last edited by a moderator:

X-Code

Beermaster
Website
www.bitmaniacs.com
Hmm, it should let you load the BIN, ISO, IMG, etc... Images, forget the CUE, CCD, TOC, etc... Files.

Try ripping the CD again ( RAW ), and make sure that the PSX Bios file ( Scph1001.bin ) is in your SD card.

kevcal

Coding " Abduction;Retrieval "
Website
homepage.ntlworld.com
Hmm, it should let you load the BIN, ISO, IMG, etc... Images, forget the CUE, CCD, TOC, etc... Files.

Try ripping the CD again ( RAW ), and make sure that the PSX Bios file ( Scph1001.bin ) is in your SD card.
Hmm... Just had another look...
Here's a snapshot of what's in the directory when I use the 2x explorer -
sstates/
mcd001.mcr
mcd002.mcr
psx4all.gpe
scph1001.bin
soulblade.cue

ie no soulblade.bin(!) - I am a complete idiot --
I reckon when I copied it on it had got cached and I ejected too soon. Sorry.
Am copying it on now and will try it immediately..

Kev

EDIT -
Have turned off caching of the SD(!).

Oooh it worked :D - amazing how helpful having the bin file is.
It's rather impressive actually - although slow of course -
Clock=240
Intro video - vsyncr ate 16, FR=5
Menu very 'scanlined' - VS=4, FR=4
Ingame VS=13, FR=2
Hehe - wot fun! Strangely fun - I need a few beers to get in-phase with it I think.
Will look at options to improve image now - thanks a lot x-code!

EDIT2: Heh - turned interlacing off - looked hugely better - then batteries died - typical!
Another go tomorrow then.

Kev

Crazy Goat

trixom

Still Fresh
Any chance this the release will be out in the next four hours, going on a business trip... :(

banner88

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I am going on a trip next tuesday. I have already sacrificed ample amounts of lesser life forms in hope of a new version being out by then.

X-Code

Beermaster
Website
www.bitmaniacs.com
I know that this is probably the most tested game so far, but I need my own reference point :)

FINAL FANTASY TACTICS NTSC ( BIN ) :

OC : 250
VSYNC : Intro between 17 / 25 , main menu 16, Ingame ( dialogues in monastery prior to first battle ) 10 / 22
FPS : Intro between 4 / 9, main menu 16, Ingame ( dialogues in monastery prior to first battle ) 8 / 22 ( corrupt graphics at initial rainfall, it corrects itself after a second or two, slight distortion in dialogue boxes )... Slow grainy text output in some areas and in dialogue boxes.
INTERLACE : 0
PROGRESSIVE : OFF
UC_PSX : No changes

Game is working quite nicely considering all B) .

Next ones that I'll be testing over the next couple of days are :

G-Police 2
Parasite Eve I & II
Syphon Filter I
Hogs Of War ( Borrowing it :lol: don't get any weird ideas ).
Ridge Racer I

Shaun

Website
www.shauncollier.com
*dies waiting for new release*

Maaan, waiting SUCKS. ;) I tried FFVII on the current release (arrived from Amazon) and it crashes either on the FMV intro or before Cloud gets off the train. I haven't managed to try FFVIII again.

kajuberdut

Still Fresh
Hi, my first post ever, been shadowing these boards for 2 weeks now. I bought a GP2X for this new release of PSX4GP2X, its due to arrive today or tomorrow gp32_console , so I think the timing is perfect. :D