Preorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgtmcboom

Still Fresh
Who would I contact for preorder.
I can have 5 sold today if there is a place taking preorders or deposists.

Anyone have a link?

Also I have seen 2 sites saying its a 4.3 inch touchscreen and one that doesnt mention touchscreen function.
Just would like to confirm.

If there are any development units still available let me know I am thinking of diffrent mobile uses of the pandora such as car or using a small mini usb keyboard and mini mouse and pluging it into a television and instantly having a full computer with use of a hard drive.

I am a certified electronics assembler and also A.S degree in computer sci so this perfect for me.

sgtmcboom said:
Also I have seen 2 sites saying its a 4.3 inch touchscreen and one that doesnt mention touchscreen function.
Just would like to confirm.
Confirmed.
B!

Last edited by a moderator:
think they havent started taking preorders yet...

the dev units i think u have to get in touch with craigx or someone part of the pandora team and tell them what ur plans are with the console

i would suggest looking around the forums before posting... there are several people asking about preorders already (shouldnt this be put in the faq by now?).
and for dev unit info, there's a sticky right at the top of the pandora development forum. yes it will have a touchscreen (shouldnt this be put on the pandora official website?)

Preorders for consumer units are not open yet. Please don't waste CraigIX's time and money asking for developer units.

Yes, it has a touchscreen.

Snu said:
i would suggest looking around the forums before posting... there are several people asking about preorders already (shouldnt this be put in the faq by now?).
and for dev unit info, there's a sticky right at the top of the pandora development forum. yes it will have a touchscreen (shouldnt this be put on the pandora official website?)
Nobody reads the FAQ, and stickies are invisible. :p

Snu said:

It is.
There is no official release date for these units yet. When Pandora does officially go on sale, local retailer information will be posted on Openpandora.org

Snu said:
yes it will have a touchscreen (shouldnt this be put on the pandora official website?)

It is. The touchscreen feature is mentioned on the official site as well as the wiki. How much more confirmation do you need?

Yeah saw it on the main site but I have been around with alot of vapor ware out there so one place mentions a feature and one place doesnt means check lol.

Anyway yeah thinking about the serial Uart ports might be fun to tinker with actually. Also charging from a usb powered hub will work right lets say I have a usb powered hub run into the pandora and also run into a removeable harddrive it would charge the pandora and power the hard drive right?

I have a lot of ideas for this some of which are wearable computing features.
Also how available will replacement parts be once this rolls out?

Chip said:
Snu said:

It is.
There is no official release date for these units yet. When Pandora does officially go on sale, local retailer information will be posted on Openpandora.org

not quite what i meant... i mean a direct confirmation that there will be preorders, and they will be shortly before release.

Chip said:
Snu said:
yes it will have a touchscreen (shouldnt this be put on the pandora official website?)

It is. The touchscreen feature is mentioned on the official site as well as the wiki. How much more confirmation do you need?

oops, sorry, i looked but totally missed that! i was looking next to the controllers info, not next to the screen info -_-

Snu said:
not quite what i meant... i mean a direct confirmation that there will be preorders, and they will be shortly before release.
He did actually confirm this last week and said they'd start pre-orders 4 weeks before release. No one, not even Craigix, knows when the release date.

javaJake said:
He did actually confirm this last week and said they'd start pre-orders 4 weeks before release. No one, not even Craigix, knows when the release date.
yes, and thats what i was saying should be in the faq. i never saw him say 4 weeks tho, just 'shortly'.

I think even if people don't read a FAQ and have a decent question to ask then there is no need to snap back at him as I see some people do, just answer the question or dont answer at all! Surely more people interested and that are helped getting info for the Pandora the better and longer it will last...

jaycee900 said:
I think even if people don't read a FAQ and have a decent question to ask then there is no need to snap back at him as I see some people do, just answer the question or dont answer at all! Surely more people interested and that are helped getting info for the Pandora the better and longer it will last...
Hmmm, because this bogs the forum down by repeating questions answered many times?

Not to mention this guy claims to add value as a developer. I'm sure his inability to read FAQ's, stickies and compose a proper sentence are all attributes that Craig is looking for as well. He's "watching out for vaporware" yet wanting to commit to 5 purchases right away. Give me a break.

PolloLoco said:
jaycee900 said:
Hmmm, because this bogs the forum down by repeating questions answered many times?

Not to mention this guy claims to add value as a developer. I'm sure his inability to read FAQ's, stickies and compose a proper sentence are all attributes that Craig is looking for as well. He's "watching out for vaporware" yet wanting to commit to 5 purchases right away. Give me a break.

I meant people in general not just this person may wan't an answer without having to look through pages of forum posts for it...I don't see the harm in another thread if he/she can't find an answer. As for bogging down the forum, I think thats a little over the top! this is what forums are for surely! If people can't ask questions on here where the hell can they ask them!?

jaycee900 said:
I meant people in general not just this person may wan't an answer without having to look through pages of forum posts for it...I don't see the harm in another thread if he/she can't find an answer. As for bogging down the forum, I think thats a little over the top! this is what forums are for surely! If people can't ask questions on here where the hell can they ask them!?

A little over the top? Go check out a PSP forum and tell me it's not bogged down. Specifically afterdawnforums.com - the mod and firmware section. Every day, there's 10 noobs asking the exact same questions as the previous day. Everyone needs to have their own version of the question answered as someone holds their hand. I've noticed other forum members on this forum mention not wanting to become that.

The GP32X, the GP2X and the Pandora forums are highly refreshing by comparison because of the lack of teenage noobs demanding attention. Perhaps the mods' opinions differ - but I definitely don't want to see questions (touchscreen? WTF?) that have already been answered on the main page, FAQ's and stickies. Perhaps I was wrong in seeming to speak for them, but that's my opinion.

I don't think anybody here has been outright hostile to questions which are clearly answered in the FAQ or the main site. I try to answer all questions, even if it's for the umteenth time.

If I'm a little "short" with the answers, it is because it is the umteenth time I've answered them. Maybe that is rude, but it is also rude to not obey basic forum ettiquite and not even try to find the answer yourself first. Even if I didn't have it in the FAQ yet, a simple forum search for "preorder" will supply the answer.

Ok, this has degenerated into a "use the search function" thread, and since the OP's questions have already been answered, I can only see this degenerating further into redundancy.

Conseqntly: topic locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back