Just a quick question regarding batch2 preorders

Eridger

So I'm new to the whole online ordering thing. I don't have the sligtest clue how it goes down, but this is what happened for me:

I requested an order for one Pandora. No case, no spare battery, none of that. Just what the batch2's come with by themselves (Pandora, power adaptor... whatever).

I got a payment request from Google, and after a little trouble with my bank paid the fee.

The money was withdrawn from my account, along with a ~$4.00 currency conversion fee (which I thought wasn't too bad).

I got a "your order is in progress" email from Google Checkout.

That's it. The thing I'm sort of worried about is that I never got an email from OpenPandora themselves saying my order was completed. Is that how it went down for all of your guys' preorders? Really, I'd like some sort of additional confirmation from OP, but if that's how other's preorders have been, then I suppose I'm okay with it. I'd just like to know that OP has for sure accepted my order so I don't end up waiting a year for nothing.

And by the way, I figured I'd ask here first rather than bug OP directly. I'm sure they're awfully busy.

Welcome to the waiting list!

Similar thread was discussed the other day.

TL;DR email sales@openpandora.org for confirmation.

Does come with this caveat - "It takes a while to get a response, as they have a massive email queue."

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, so I emailed her and got an email a few days later that more or less said "your order is confirmed". I was sort of thinking I'd get a queue number as well... I thought that everyone got a queue number when they ordered..?

Okay, so I emailed her and got an email a few days later that more or less said "your order is confirmed". I was sort of thinking I'd get a queue number as well... I thought that everyone got a queue number when they ordered..?
Only those that ask for it get a queue number. I suggest you don't because they are extremely busy fielding purchase and refund issues, and looking up your name in the list just distracts them. Plus, the queue positions aren't especially accurate anyway, and have lead some people to a disturbing level of anger.

You're better off not knowing, trust me.

Only those that ask for it get a queue number. I suggest you don't because they are extremely busy fielding purchase and refund issues, and looking up your name in the list just distracts them. Plus, the queue positions aren't especially accurate anyway, and have lead some people to a disturbing level of anger.

I 100% agree

No. The order queue is pretty meaningless when it's still (looking like) some months till batch 2 is finished. You will actually move up the queue as time passes, but once shipping does start again, we ought fairly soon to reach the point when people receiving unints can say when they ordered. The first day seems to have covered over 1000 of the extant orders, then they get a bit better spread out.

That's what I was thinking actually. I'd probably get jealous when six months down the road someone in position 1500 gets theirs and I'm sitting in 1450... I was just wondering whether or not something got messed up somewhere.

Thanks guys! Back to lurking, I guess. Although I do sorta wonder when batch2 will start getting worked on. I know the announcements say things like "such-and-such boards are done being built!" Or "this number of cases have been made!". I'm just wondering if all that just applies to batch1. I'm assuming it does because it hasn't been fully shipped yet and it's a little more important to work on that before #2.

I'm assuming it does because it hasn't been fully shipped yet and it's a little more important to work on that before #2.
i wonder how you can imagine anything else...

They have 8000 units to make. At the moment, they are stuck because one of the custom parts they ordered turned out to be faulty. We assume that all the other parts are now ready, but batch 2 is only separate because the parts didn't get ordered until maybe March this year. Each part of the process is serial, they make batch 1 then batch 2. Once the first 4000 PCBs have been finished in Texas, the 2nd 4000 PCBs can be populated - but that process is going to be interrupted by the eventual arrival of some nubs. At no state would it make sense to allocate part to batch 1 and part to batch2 - but preparation for batch 2 is probably ongoing in the background (like cases on a slow boat from china). Knowing what is going on here doesn't help - it's only the things which are late that have much impact!

Back