Preorders Have Started. (Previously named starts in two hours)

Well there goes my joke completely, also a systemd hater would argue it wasn't a "smart" phone anymore.
Then it is the perfect device for a systemd hater (i.e. they prefer to do stuff by hand and seem to hate smart solutions).

In other news, as we are nearing the end of day 5 we now have 525 pre-orders.
The last minutes of the day see a slight increase in pre-orders, but it is still flattening out.
I wonder how many pre-pre-orderers still haven't pre-ordered.

tumblr_mgyv0sjIZF1rcglgbo1_1280.jpg

Batman called. He's done imagining. He wants his Pyra now.

Then it is the perfect device for a systemd hater (i.e. they prefer to do stuff by hand and seem to hate smart solutions).

In other news, as we are nearing the end of day 5 we now have 525 pre-orders.
The last minutes of the day see a slight increase in pre-orders, but it is still flattening out.
I wonder how many pre-pre-orderers still haven't pre-ordered.
I wonder if anyone who got the pre-preorder actually FORGOT?

The title of this thread could probably be changed to Dragonbox Pyra - Pre-orders open. It's a bit misleading atm.

So the fifth 24 hours of pre-orders is now up.

It seems we got :

350 Pre-orders the first 24 hours (350)
79 Pre-orders in the second 24 hours. (429)
49 Pre-orders in the third 24 hours (478) (Some double up Pre-orders were removed though)
29 Pre-orders in the fourth 24 hours (507)
18 Pre-orders in the fifth 24 hours (525)

This is where it gets interesting and the community needs to focus on getting the word out in an attempt to entice the hard customers, ie new customers not part of this community and who have not heard of the Pyra (ie not part of the pent up demand which we are chewing through fast)

Cool. Was just a little worried cause I ordered @ 00:08:00 on the preorder lol. Just hope I didn't lose my spot
Evildragon did make a mistake where none of the orders in the first few hours were sending out vouchers. He fixed it and should be sending out the vouchers manually. I'm sure he won't forget you.

Percentages are a ratio of 1/100, they're applied multiplicatively. 100% of something is 100/100, so 1. 100% more than something means "add 100%", so a ratio of 2:1, or 200%. We're comparing some value x, and stating that value y is x+100%, so y=x+100%x=200%x=2x, therefore x=y/2=50%y.
You're assuming that they're relative to each other, but you can also do percentages as ratios of a base standard.
Raisin Bran has 2 scoops of raisins as standard. You can then get one box with 1 scoop of raisins and another box with 3 scoops of raisins, or 50% of standard and 150% of standard respectively: it wouldn't be incorrect to say box 2 has 100% more raisins than box 1 (vs standard). Deceptive, yes, but not wrong.
In this case we can can count 1 systemd as standard, or 100% of the systemd, with 2 systemds being 200% and no systemd being 0%: it would not be incorrect to say that, relative to standard, something with systemd has 100% more systemd than something without.

You're assuming that they're relative to each other, but you can also do percentages as ratios of a base standard.
Raisin Bran has 2 scoops of raisins as standard. You can then get one box with 1 scoop of raisins and another box with 3 scoops of raisins, or 50% of standard and 150% of standard respectively: it wouldn't be incorrect to say box 2 has 100% more raisins than box 1 (vs standard). Deceptive, yes, but not wrong.
In this case we can can count 1 systemd as standard, or 100% of the systemd, with 2 systemds being 200% and no systemd being 0%: it would not be incorrect to say that, relative to standard, something with systemd has 100% more systemd than something without.
But for the type of device the Pyra is, 0 systemds is the standard. Isn't it?

But for the type of device the Pyra is, 0 systemds is the standard. Isn't it?
"Standard" is the wrong word. "Base" should have been correct. We can define the base to be whatever we want. If you define base to be 0 then any amount of systemd is infinite systemd. Much easier to work with positive integers. 1 systemd is convenient.

Woulnd't you say then, it "has 100 percentage points more than"?

Back