Preorders have started! (2011-10-04)

Ah ok, somehow it seemed you where 'dealing with craig's customers'. I think there was some extra confusion from the IRC hehe.

Anyway, they don't respond to any emails, so I guess the unit will just get sent to where I lived at the time of ordering :unsure:

Ah ok, somehow it seemed you where 'dealing with craig's customers'. I think there was some extra confusion from the IRC hehe.

Anyway, they don't respond to any emails, so I guess the unit will just get sent to where I lived at the time of ordering :unsure:

They are currently catching up. Jacquelyne told me today "only 375 eMails for today to go".

So it takes a while, but they're working on it.

I dont follow, if all of the new preorders order through you, how do you know which would be shipping through Craig?

I assume all of them? The preorders going through Craig's are the ones from the past?

Nice, is there plans to get some to other online shops once production is actually rolling along? I think once we refine the software a bit we need to get this out to the non-forum dwellers and people that don't dig deep to find projects like this.

About 150 so far. Not bad for 1,5 days :)

Haven't sent an info to the newsletter subscribers out yet... and we've got 17000 users subscribed!!!
Given how the previous pre-orders went, that's actually less than I expected. I expected a huge spike on day one and a huge drop on day two. Then again, production is still (as good as) on hold. That's likely to be a psychological barrier for many potential customers.

About 150 so far. Not bad for 1,5 days :)

Haven't sent an info to the newsletter subscribers out yet... and we've got 17000 users subscribed!!!
Given how the previous pre-orders went, that's actually less than I expected. I expected a huge spike on day one and a huge drop on day two. Then again, production is still (as good as) on hold. That's likely to be a psychological barrier for many potential customers.

Also the fact that there is no time limit or amount goal, no one is in a rush to get in line right now. When there is only 4000 of them, people act a lot faster.

I didn't expect more!

Back in 2008, there was a big hype. Articles on Engadget, Slashdot, etc.

They followed the development and made a newspost about the preorder - and caused to massive orders.

I kept it pretty low right now. We probably lost quite a few customers back then because the device was not available right away or because the had to pay fully in advance.

These customers are probably somewhere subscribed to that newsletter.

But there's no need to make a hype right now - I rather want to wait with bigger publicity until the prototype boards are working and the production in December / January is safe!

I also want to update the homepage to better show what EXISTS already. The big amount of software, the community, etc. before making it more public.

There will be some more press reviews in October / November, also in some Linux magazines here with interviews.

November / December should be the time to really push it - not now :)

Maybe to demonstrate the device, and that is real (some people, not part of the current community looking at how long the project has been in some trouble maybe not beleive its finally true right away)

It is very different showing something like 100 people with the device showing off the Pandora, then 1 guy, who created the device show it off.

We can make a community video each person showing a different aspect of the Pandora that they like, then edit together a montage.

If I were new to the project, and saw the guy incharge (you) make the video, vs the community make the video, the community video would be very different.

Before I got my Pandora and was watching the 1 video per day stuff I was a little scheptical, I had no idea who you were at the time, and if I can beleive anything you say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, my highest priority is to include the whole community idea more.

Another thing:

Preorders NEVER sell as good as if you have something in stock.

I'm selling about 2 Caanoos each day, but within the 3 months preorder period, I only got about 30 orders.

Even worse with the Everdrives:

30 sell out in two days when I got them in stock - and if I don't have them in stock, I only have 5 preorders per month ;)

Yea, people want to buy something and get their hands on it within a week. I'm antsy if I need to wait for any of my orders online for more then 2 weeks.

I can't preorder I get this error:

We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem. If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com.

Ive tried with 2 of my mails, first my daily used one then my real paypal registred one :( I wan't to preeorder but how :(

Weird, that should be resolved.

Did you try the link in the eMail address?

You can also manually send to shop@gp2x.de

EDIT: Yeah, there was an issue with the link on the website. Fixed.

You can click on the link you got in the confirmation eMail though, that should work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ED,

+1 here hoping you're still coming to replay.

And just a thought, have you considered allowing people to preorder the TV out cable but not have to preorder a Pandora?

Hi ED,

+1 here hoping you're still coming to replay.

And just a thought, have you considered allowing people to preorder the TV out cable but not have to preorder a Pandora?

I thought everyone that has a Pandora today already has a spot in line for an already paid TV-Out cable?

Back