Premium Pandora's are annoying and slowing down the PreOrders

If I had my way I'd ban people saying that bullshit, because that's what it is and they know it, they only say it and start such threads to troll. It would make more financial sense to put this whole company in the bankruptcy, but then the trolls would win, and we can't have that :)

That's why instead we're slowly but surely making the Pandora the best handheld in the world.

Craig, please don't entertain the trolls. Instead, just give us an update on the shipped units and any known bottlenecks so that we can set our expectations accordingly.

Those of us still waiting in the queue wish for nothing but success for this project. If I didn't love Linux and the openness of your platform, I too would be yelling like an asshat - guaranteed (Just do a websearch, I commonly yell like an asshat).

I'm using a BlackBerry for ****'s sake. I hate this thing.

In theory, more Premium orders means more production, which means more pre-orders get shipped out. So a piece of advice I have for you is that you could try to get more people to buy the product.

As far as I know, that's not true: At the moment CC just can't produce faster. So we get our units the fastest if they sell just enough Premium Pandoras to keep them running, but not more.

PS: I'm thinking about upgrading to premium though...

Enough premium orders roll in, they'll have to hire even more staff, which will up production.

This is my thinking anyway, I am not an OP employee, just helping to eliminate the attitude that the OP guys are sneering at the pre-order guys and giggling as they spend their money on vacations or something.
Wasn't what I was getting at... They aren't making a ton of money off of this project but they could at least spare some statistics about the progress and on a weekly basis. Even if they have to say a low number like 30 or something were made. I just want the facts and less guessing. And I wish the Premiums would go away until batch 1 and 2 are done (I would have said until batch 1 is done but that wouldn't be fair to batch 2). If like craig said, "we are lucky to get 10 premiums a week" and they only make like 30 or 60 Pandora's a week then "1/3ish" of the Pandora's are going to people who are cutting the line (these are only guesses, I don't know the facts {they have never been released}).... Just feels unfair.

This is my first post from my pandora, and I must say, this is way awesome. I'm giving jr a bath, and i would like to play my new 3DS, but sadly it is charging.

So I guess I'm just here to say the Pandora kicks much Ass, and units are being delivered, and the extra funds are being put to good use. So just sit back and take easy, more news and updates will happen when the team knows something new.

Chris

Craig, please don't entertain the trolls. Instead, just give us an update on the shipped units and any known bottlenecks so that we can set our expectations accordingly.

+1

Transparency, please.

Yeah, if I had the spare money and Pandora was AU $1000 I would still buy it.

Pandora = AWESOME!!! B)
I think me too, pandora must not die before pandora 2 or 3, the first pandora look great, and, if it's work, i can imagine the next stage

Ive only recently received my Pandora and all things considered ..... its well worth it and the wait. To all still waiting, hang in there brothers. I was around 950 in Que or so.

To anyone who has their Pandora, please keep posting on forums etc to keep those still waiting excited etc. Videos were the best for (while waiting) me but my video recorder is blurry at close distances etc. Just configured screenshots tonight so can test some stuff if requested and post screenshots if anyone wishes.

Cheers!

Well, i have 2 ordered, cause i bought together with a friend, and is my reason cause i am day 2 and not day 1, cause i waited to receive his transfer because in that moment, i didnt have much money. I was still an student.

I am not a troll, i am just telling what i feel. I feel he was telling per years reasons for the "2 months". When he know was impossible to have this done in 2 months. We were supporting this for long, and i only ask for a bit of honestly. It is not necesary to lie again and say that the premiums are to make it run faster, you can be honest and say that is cause there is not money and everything can go to the shit.

I only want you to be honest, to stop hide numbers and real reasons.

About the premiums, i just think that you dont value that we were waiting, and i really think that who was waiting for all this time, should be able to upgrade for the 500$, but, who buy as new now, should pay a bit more, just to be fair. Cause economically, are supporting more, who did the preorder, and now upgrade, that who buy right now. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_value_of_money)

If you are honest, the people will trust more in you and in the project. And i am sure you will have more support.

I was going to post something relevant, then re-read and it was a bit aggressive against the topic maker.

So I deleted everything and I'll just write this :

OpenPandora Team, you made it so far, keep the great work!

And I'll keep my part of the job : waiting my pandora and cheering for the team.
wink.gif

It is not necesary to lie again and say that the premiums are to make it run faster, you can be honest and say that is cause there is not money and everything can go to the shit.

Well, in fact, they were. When CC spit 1000 boards in January to us, we couldn't keep up and the money was in fact used to hire more people and speed things up.

If CC would've kept that speed and stuck to their schedule, we WOULD'VE been through with Batch 1 by now and the assembly people were needed.

However, they slowed down again. They are shipping new boards, but not at that fast speed they planned, so at the moment, the bottleneck is CC again.

I only want you to be honest, to stop hide numbers and real reasons.

We never did. I spent the last week checking for PCBs that need repairs, etc. and am crawling through all orders of my shop to find out how many I shipped already, etc. right now.

We're waiting for updates from CC, and as soon as I get something, I will post.

The main idea for the Premium units definately was speed up, and that's what they did in January until mid February.

Now they're also compensating for refunds.

Quite a few guys from Batch 2 have asked for refunds, the 6 months nubs-wait was a long one where virtually NOTHING happened, and therefore, some give up.

However, it's the same here as it is with Batch 1: We needed the money to pay the parts, so any refund has to come from our own money. We can't tell the distributors to take back parts for 100 units or so and refund us the money, that won't work.

I hope I get new actual numbers from CC today of the current status, then I'll do an update.

Stop posting your guesses as facts, it's ridiculous.

Seeing as we might sell 10 Premium units in a good week, it's actually hardly effecting anything (well, it does allow us to keep shipping units, which is a good thing).

And for the love of God, will you people learn how to spell?! When you spell anything as a plural you don't need a freaking apostrophe! I'm seeing this every time someone mentions anything involving more than one Pandora. S'top adding apos'trophe's before every freaking "s" you type!

...There... I think I can calm down now...

Seeing as we might sell 10 Premium units in a good week, it's actually hardly effecting anything (well, it does allow us to keep shipping units, which is a good thing).

And for the love of God, will you people learn how to spell?! When you spell anything as a plural you don't need a freaking apostrophe! I'm seeing this every time someone mentions anything involving more than one Pandora. S'top adding apos'trophe's before every freaking "s" you type!

Huh? Where do you see the extra apostrophes? :huh:

Edit: I think you meant to quote frostedfires

Last edited by a moderator:

Huh? Where do you see the extra apostrophes? :huh:

Edit: I think you meant to quote frostedfires

The title. Every title involving more than one Pandora. I meant to quote Craigix, in a 'and while we're talking about what's wrong with this post' kind of way.

Premium Pandoras are slowing down preorders but its necessary and its not by much - if CC were doing their job then the premiums would have significantly sped up preorders.

The problem is when CC do nothing(or anything else goes wrong) it takes alot of threads like this to get any response from Craig.

It is not his fault but he does need to do what ED is doing - advising preorders of actual progress even when its bad.

I have been mentioning this for months now that all we need is to know what queue positions were sent out this week/month.

We then know roughly when to expect our Pandoras and threads like this do not happen (well people always have something to moan about so there will still be some).

I agree that there aren't enough information. Even if nothing happens, I would like a status update once a week (at least).

So if the board company isn't producing enough boards that premiums are taking from the pool in a high percentage then the premiums are delaying batch 1 folks. Most people aren't getting upset over the bad info being thrown out there but when we get told nothing or told to go shove a stick in it and cancel that isn't helping anyone.

At the current rate of boards coming in with the premiums what is the time schedule for batch 1 to finish? July???

I think maybe a simple solution might be helpful here, if Craig is able to do this. Once a queue milestone is reached he could say "Now shipping in the XXXX range" so those who are wondering where they stand could get an Idea just how much farther the whole thing has gotten. I remembered someone had said, quite a few weeks ago, they were around 1100 in the queue and Craig had posted that theirs should be shipping from the next batch made. I think it's over a month now since then and I have no Idea where they are now. Being around the 1600 mark and hearing around 2000 Pandoras have been made, and hearing more are shipping premium or not, doesn't help me know where I stand at all.

I'm all for patient waiting but it can alleviate the wait by knowing just how much closer you are. Hope this is a doable and helpful idea.

Back