Premium Pandora's are annoying and slowing down the PreOrders

I love how you seem to think that OpenPandora makes massive amounts of cash when they barely manage to survive…

Nothing Ive stated above this post implies that. Simply that the investors are too complicated excuse, is BS. More like, eh, then Id have to give them slice. Im quite sure theyre not turning a decent profit. Sad really, such a great device. Profits are what keep projects going.

Profits are what keep projects going.

Wrong. I'm not going to even bother explaining why. Figure it out.

Oh please, obviously this is a multifaceted point. The bottom line is it takes money to make things happen. If not, why were all those preorders needed? Better yet, go back to day one. If we could turn back the clock, and everyone knew that it would take 2-3 years get their units, how many people do you really think wouldve still gone through with it? Sure, some of us knew there was no way a project like this could be completed in 2 months, no matter what OP said, and put money down any way. You really think your going to finance the next gen console, with preorders? Good luck getting people to go through that a second time. If any thing itd be a sight to see though. LOL

Uberdubsaid:

"Thats great kid. You dont have to be a dick about it. Fuck do chearta Béarla. Such an internet tough little limey boy. Keep drinking milk, and someday.... LOL, something tells me your not that mouthy in real life. Ive been watching since day 1. Im the type, instead of helping things along by preordering, and waiting for years, I couldve invested say 40-50k, but whatever, its been fun to watch. I was that interested at one point. Have a good one. :) "

Its sweet you want to impress us so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ I trust that if there will be a next time, things will go a lot smoother as the team members (assuming at least most of the same people) are more experienced. I for one will gladly jump on this ride again when the time comes :)

... I'm such a fanboy :p

I at least don't want a Pandora 2 too soon. Something this great has to be future-proof; I've upgraded open handhelds (GP2X > Wiz > Pandora) three times in as many years, and I'll be damned if I have to do it again.

I simply can not believe we are still debating whether premium Pandoras are a help or a hindrance to OP. It obviously keeps the project alive and production running smoothly. Sure, we all want our Pandoras now (call JG Wentworth.... cue silence), but CC and OP are still trying to eliminate their bottlenecks. Yes, I am in the 850-950 range in Batch 2's queue, but I know how a business is ran, and they are (were?) running on our initial funds. They are running low and let us not forget that OP was swindled out of $30,000 when one of the original suppliers went under. Actually, since there were up to 1,000 or more refunds given, we are bumped up substantially in the queue numbers, despite whether the numbers actually mean anything or are valid.

We need to stick with it, as there are 2,000+ happy owners in the wild and the Pandora 2 should be a smooth transition.

- Mike -

If OP had had investors a lot these problems never would've happened. Chinese companies wouldn't have taken them for a ride assuming they were just a tiny company (which they are). With investors they could've applied pressure instead of getting put onto the factories back burners because the factories knew they could get away with it.

It's sad it couldn't of been handled better. With the sales of Gameparks devices it could've really attracted a lot of people to it. OP could've looked at selling 80,000 units if everything had been streamlined. This was much discussed amongst my pretty wide circle of friends - none of whom are developers are even remotely care about programming.

Oh well, as they say the eggs are broken, we've just got to make the best omelette we can.

We need to stick with it, as there are 2,000+ happy owners in the wild and the Pandora 2 should be a smooth transition.

- Mike -

Have to correct you there - its 1,000+ (and the + is not that much)

Pandora 2 however should in the next few years be significantly cheaper/quicker to bring to market.

I simply can not believe we are still debating whether premium Pandoras are a help or a hindrance to OP. It obviously keeps the project alive and production running smoothly. Sure, we all want our Pandoras now (call JG Wentworth.... cue silence), but CC and OP are still trying to eliminate their bottlenecks. Yes, I am in the 850-950 range in Batch 2's queue, but I know how a business is ran, and they are (were?) running on our initial funds. They are running low and let us not forget that OP was swindled out of $30,000 when one of the original suppliers went under. Actually, since there were up to 1,000 or more refunds given, we are bumped up substantially in the queue numbers, despite whether the numbers actually mean anything or are valid.

- Mike -

*Opens window and screams*

It's my money and I NEED IT NOW!

If you have an annuity or structured settlement and need cash now and are willing to settle for pennies on the dollar, scream out your window.

J.B. Wentworth, serving the needs of the terminally stupid since whenever they got the idea and went into business and started creating stupid commercials to appeal to their user-base.

LOL, Sorry I just love to hate those moronic commercials.

If you have an annuity or structured settlement and need cash now and are willing to settle for pennies on the dollar, scream out your window.

J.B. Wentworth, serving the needs of the terminally stupid since whenever they got the idea and went into business and started creating stupid commercials to appeal to their user-base.

LOL, Sorry I just love to hate those moronic commercials.

J.G. Wentworth since 1991!

trix, you should consider being a helping hand at Pandora Press, your writing skills are AWESOME! :lol:
I have a hot girlfriend

no, you don't, are you a geek/nerd or what?

if you do, don't forget, sharing is caring... :lol:
Unlike you not to ask for a picture. :p

I agree with you. I like the trix's style but may be it a tad too direct for PandoraPress.

edit: Has the nasty troll gone yet?

Seems like a few false assumptions are being made about the goal and reason for producing the Pandora. It was not being designed and manufactured for PROFIT, it was being designed and manufactured as a project made / funded by the community as no profit making company would have allowed this type of open device to be manufactured and sold at any type of reasonable price (ie. no large, guaranteed'd profit built in to the cost).

This device could NOT HAVE BEEN MANUFACTURED with a focus on selling 100's of thousands at a nice profit, without making compromises which would have been unacceptable with the user community.

My perspective is that, albeit, with a much longer than expected lead time, the project turned out as (or better than)expected. The product is exactly what I had in mind and actually performs and is manufactured better than I could have expected.

The "should have got investors" are missing the entire point. Investors never fling money at a project without some caveat as to how THEY think the project should move forward, blah blah. OP Ltd, rightly so in my opinion maintained total control over the product at the cost of production time and some necessary modifications in the pricing structure.

Just sayin

Twiitcher

Back