Pre-order refund

Trevster

Still Fresh
I have been trying to get in contact with someone since october regarding a refund for my pre-ordered unit. The last I heard was that Jaquelyn on craig's team will be refunding it. I have not recieved the money or an other e-mail since and I have followed up several times.

I either want the date my unit will be shipped or I want my money back. I understand how backed up everything is but this is absolutely ridiculous.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Take a number.

Short: Several people are currently waiting for their refund to happen, be patient and persistent

Look at recent posts in these forums for the answer.

Basically sit tight you will get a unit eventually, if you want a refund then that may happen but at the very least you will need to be very patient.

The plan in place should see everyone get a unit at some point in 2013 but it all depends on future sales.

The british (not the german or the USA) company has money trouble. So some units will have to be sold to make profits to refund you. There are over 400 units in stock so it will probably happy, but it will take some time.

Nobody has yet mentioned that you can cross-upgrade to a 1ghz unit from Ed's shop. I'm not sure what it costs. The advantage to this is you get a better, faster unit, shipped from Ed's stock, and you eliminate your position in the pre-order queue.

This of course requires Craig to read your email and notify Ed. Craig is on vacation at the moment, so if you want to cross-upgrade, wait a week and then send him an email with "cross upgrade" in the title, so that he prioritizes it.

EDIT: I wonder if they could clear the pre-order queue faster using refurbished CC boards?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well they promised every long waiting preorder a rebirth unit with double RAM and better android support. I think they should stay at it.

Well they promised every long waiting preorder a rebirth unit with double RAM and better android support. I think they should stay at it.
That's true, there are still some coming boards with just the 256MB of RAM, IIRC, but I believe those are only being sold to people who specifically order them now. I think those units are being repaired by GC, so they don't even know how many of them there are.

IIRC, this isn't the first spec bump there's been since the original preorder period.

But, if I understand correctly, the 600mhz units are really that great with Android anyways, regardless of the amount of RAM on board.

Back