Release PPSSPP, Emulator for PSP

The problem with the video driver is that only the default driver 4.00? will work for Mupen any other driver will not work on my rebirth unit.

News from the PPSSPP front:

November 15, 2013: Plans for the next release - It's time for speed!

Think PPSSPP is already fast on your PC? Or is it running a little slow in your mobile device?

Just wait until the next release. We are currently focusing hard on performance and have already made some really good improvements, for example FF:CC wasn't really playable on Nexus 4 but on current development builds it's pretty smooth! And GTA runs fullspeed on nVidia Shield with only a frameskip of 1.

Obviously this doesn't mean that a Galaxy Y will suddenly play God of War, but whatever device you have, there will be improvement.

Stay tuned!

Hope we turn some yellows of Ekianjo's Compatibility List into green. ;)

AWESEOME NEWS,

Just for the record on my Rebirth

007 - looks good few glitches maybe 50-80 % speed

Metal Gear portable ops - looks good 50-60% speed

FF4 the collection - 80-95% speed a few glitches but playable

Ghost Recon - most of the time its playable but it slows down sometimes and looks like the grfx are filtered..

I'll add more and add to the comp list later...

Dissidai 012 is 100% speed with all the hacks on and Frameskip 1.

(Needs to overclock to 460 sysspeed and 1,2 GHZ)

Yep, I have seen interesting things on the github repo. Next release will probably be interesting (but I haven't compiled a new release yet).

*EDIT*, also, don't forget I compile the build directly from Git repo, so version numbering can be misleading. For example, the last build I made, based on "0.9.5" already include many things from next version (mainly Vertex Compiler). So, the speedup mentionned is already partly in the current build (I've seen a few other things since last build).

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any use of neon code in the current version (or in the next)?  

NL4d1Vc.png

What about having it use the DSP chip?
Yeah how about you do it yourself ? :)

There's a reason why nobody has produced anything with the DSP yet. It takes time, and one needs to build lots of knowledge on how to best use it first. And basically you need to rewrite entire sections of the emulator if you even want to use it. 

Not a chance it'd happen soon. If it ever happens.

What about having it use the DSP chip?
Yeah how about you do it yourself ? :)

There's a reason why nobody has produced anything with the DSP yet. It takes time, and one needs to build lots of knowledge on how to best use it first. And basically you need to rewrite entire sections of the emulator if you even want to use it. 

Not a chance it'd happen soon. If it ever happens.
To expand on that - PtitSeb said he'd like to write an audio plugin for N64 to get used to the DSP before using it in any serious capacity. It takes a different way of thinking about things in order to use the DSP.

And nobody but "our" devs will write dsp code i fear, since only few devices have the dsp :( .

Could someone please try Soul Calibur?

After some seconds the emulator crashes for me.

The ppsspp site says it should work.

Logfile:

Code:
=======================================================================================
PND             : /media/MAIN/pandora/menu/PPSSPP.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/MAIN/pandora/appdata/PPSSPP
APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : runscript.sh
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/PPSSPP"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/MAIN/pandora/appdata/PPSSPP=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/PPSSPP=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/PPSSPP"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh  ) ----------
--------------------------------------------------------------
Setting PATH to /mnt/utmp/PPSSPP/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games
--------------------------------------------------------------
Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /mnt/utmp/PPSSPP/lib:/lib:/usr/lib
Default driver detected.
System check
============
Freememory is 453
Cpu Speed is 1200
Sys Speed is 450
I: /media/SEBEXT/sources/git/ppsspp/native/file/zip_read.cpp:247: I: Registered VFS for prefix : assets/
I: /media/SEBEXT/sources/git/ppsspp/native/file/zip_read.cpp:247: I: Registered VFS for prefix : /mnt/utmp/PPSSPP/home/
I: /media/SEBEXT/sources/git/ppsspp/UI/NativeApp.cpp:310: I: Logman: 0x10c25b0
Pixels: 800 x 480
Virtual pixels: 800 x 480
I: /media/SEBEXT/sources/git/ppsspp/native/gfx_es2/gl_state.cpp:139: I: GPU Vendor : Imagination Technologies (5)
I: /media/SEBEXT/sources/git/ppsspp/native/gfx_es2/gl_state.cpp:227: I: Addresses returned for invalid extensions: (nil) (nil)
I: /media/SEBEXT/sources/git/ppsspp/native/gfx/texture.cpp:235: I: ZIM loaded: 1 levels
I: /media/SEBEXT/sources/git/ppsspp/native/gfx/texture.cpp:266: I: Gen-binding texture
I: /media/SEBEXT/sources/git/ppsspp/native/gfx_es2/fbo.cpp:192: I: Creating 480 x 272 FBO using separate stencil
I: /media/SEBEXT/sources/git/ppsspp/native/gfx_es2/fbo.cpp:192: I: Creating 480 x 272 FBO using separate stencil
*** glibc detected *** ./PPSSPPSDL: malloc(): memory corruption: 0x017c6720 ***
./runscript.sh: line 109:  5893 Aborted                 ./PPSSPPSDL $@
[SUCCESS]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh  ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/PPSSPP': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 1

Back