Post Your Handheld Collections!!

SatanClaus said:
My newest addition is the FC Mobile:

593px-Fcmobile_mit_modul_vorne.jpg

It's a Famiclone handheld with a NES slot. Nice :)
I have that exact same unit - even the same "retro" red/white colour scheme... I love mine! I've been playing Batman and Contra like there's no tomorrow since I got it. The screen is excellent, the controls are good - not perfect, because they do reverse the A/B buttons, but they're on a sufficient slant that I can adapt - and the TV output is perfect... I wish it had a controller port on it, but you can't have everything, I guess... Anyway, it's a terrific little piece of hardware, and for the price (I paid $30 + shipping for mine), it can't be beat.

Last edited by a moderator:
jimid2 said:
I have that exact same unit - even the same "retro" red/white colour scheme... I love mine! I've been playing Batman and Contra like there's no tomorrow since I got it. The screen is excellent, the controls are good - not perfect, because they do reverse the A/B buttons, but they're on a sufficient slant that I can adapt - and the TV output is perfect... I wish it had a controller port on it, but you can't have everything, I guess... Anyway, it's a terrific little piece of hardware, and for the price (I paid $30 + shipping for mine), it can't be beat.
They look cool, I'm going to pick one up :) The major advantage to this one over the others is that it can use 72-pin carts natively instead of using a cumbersome adapter thingy.

I'd be tempted to do some kind of mod to reverse the A/B buttons, although I have no idea exactly how that'd work :D

fishybawb said:
I'd be tempted to do some kind of mod to reverse the A/B buttons, although I have no idea exactly how that'd work :D
I saw some pics somewhere of someone doing it... It involved scraping the PCB with the switches mounted on it and using short jumper wires to swap the switches around... too much work for me, I'm afraid... ;)

Since I plan on getting a :pandora1: as soon as they come out - and the trade presented itself - I swapped my N800 with a guy on Engadget for an Asus Eee PC 701 4 GB Surf - overclocked to 1 Ghz - 2 GB of RAM - Windows XP Pro SP2 - BlueTooth Module, and 20 GB HD. It's not exactly a "Handheld" but it's - um - smallish.

daclassicgamingmaster said:
I love famiclones :D. The Game Theory Admiral is the best one, I think. Output to the TV is actually quite excellent.

How have you been, SatanClaus? Haven't seen you about for a while. Still running that handheld museum site?
The FC Mobile is better than the Game Theory Admiral. It's nearly impossible to play a NES game with the GTA:

Gta_nes.jpg

The FC Mobile works like a charm and the controls are way better.

In the last few months I was really busy and had no time to post on more than a few boards. The handheld museum site moved a while ago and is now at http://wiki.portablegaming.de in cooperation with germanys biggest handheld site. 800 articles and growing :)
I also started a Blog about handhelds. As you can read, my english is not very good, so it's in german.

SatanClaus said:
daclassicgamingmaster said:
I love famiclones :D. The Game Theory Admiral is the best one, I think. Output to the TV is actually quite excellent.

How have you been, SatanClaus? Haven't seen you about for a while. Still running that handheld museum site?
The FC Mobile is better than the Game Theory Admiral. It's nearly impossible to play a NES game with the GTA:

Gta_nes.jpg

The FC Mobile works like a charm and the controls are way better.

In the last few months I was really busy and had no time to post on more than a few boards. The handheld museum site moved a while ago and is now at http://wiki.portablegaming.de in cooperation with germanys biggest handheld site. 800 articles and growing :)
I also started a Blog about handhelds. As you can read, my english is not very good, so it's in german.

I'll definitely check out the FC Mobile. By the way, your english is quite perfect. I see no grammatical errors at all :)

More that can be said about other, native english speakers ;)

jimid2 said:
Here's a pic of the Game & Watch stuff we found last weekend:

gamewatchbox.jpg
And here's some auction stuff to make you cry:

First, a Gamate auction I was watching that just went completely out of control...

Gamate Auction on Ebay - final price: £127 !!

And here, a Mega Duck and a Cougar Boy on Ebay Brazil - but I can't figure out how to contact the seller, so I can't beg and plead for shipping to Canada... :(

Cougar Boy / Mega Duck - Ebay Brazil

It's just not my morning... {sigh}

Hum, what are those worth, then? I seem to recall seeing a packaged Donkey Kong in a local second-hand shop, wonder what it cost...

Jarska333 said:
jimid2 said:
Here's a pic of the Game & Watch stuff we found last weekend:

gamewatchbox.jpg
Hum, what are those worth, then? I seem to recall seeing a packaged Donkey Kong in a local second-hand shop, wonder what it cost...
Game & Watches range in value from about $20 to more than $400 depending on the model, condition, packaging, etc... The Donkey Kong and Mario Bros. ones are two of the most common, and generally are worth the least of any of them, but they're still pretty expensive to acquire when you have to factor in stuff like international shipping and packaging, taxes, duties and whatever... Finding any Game & Watch "in the wild" is so rare now-a-days that it's an event worth celebrating... Finding two in immaculate condition was a brilliant stroke of luck! :)

About 70 years ago now (slight exaggeration) I picked up this Neogeo Pocket,

323464662.jpg

i'm afraid I can't tell you much about it because the only thing i've been able to find out is the model name, apparently it's a pearl white model, harvesting unit (silver buttons/red joystick).

Info + picture gathered from here.

SatanClaus said:
A new handheld
  • Where did you get it?
  • How much was it?
  • Did it come with the 112 Games, or was that separate?
  • Where can *I* get one?
  • Does it work?
It looks awesome - in that cheap knock-off kinda way. I love it!

It's called a Cool Boy. One on ebay here. Alternatively, you can opt for the non-psp ripoff model, which DealExtreme stock, in addition to a handful of games cartridges for it.

I must say that I love the idea of not having massive carts sticking out the top. I'll put this on my handheld list for when I get some money. Unfortunately, I still don't own a microvision ;)

SatanClaus said:
A new handheld:

800px-2PG1.JPG

It's not a OneStation because the modules aren't compatible. More pictures

I like it. I saw one availible at Deal Extreme. I have been thinking about one. I might have to pick one up. And thanks for those picks, especially the one of the back of the game box. It is fun trying to read the names of the games and knowing what they were trying to say.

And I think it really is a two player "TwoheadedBoy" It comes with an extra controller to plug into the system.

i would go with the DX model, as there is more colors, and genesis games are (kinda) supported.
and tv out.

Just picked up the God of War red psp slim.

cba to take pictures ;)

Had a nice time downgrading it, though. Followed a guide online and it was pretty painless :D. I pity the fools who don't know how to downgrade! :p

edit: "downgrading" = putting custom FW on

Back