Post Your Handheld Collections!!

chad78

Website
Visit site
darkman said:
edit: The online eBay store, where I purchased the unit, was kind enough to supply a “randomly picked” free NES game cart. The game is an NES Zapper game! I got mine for $39.00. I am thinking that it will play Famicom games also. I am trying to get a hold of one now on eBay. I will know in a week or two. There is really no reason, plastic wise, why it shouldn't. Unless the Famicom carts have a narrow insert end of the cart. If not I will try to pick up one that I saw on eBay that looked exactly like it repackaged with the name of "Game Porter." It claims to use Famicom carts.
I have a FC Twin (made by the same people) - it plays NES and SNES games - Japanese and US carts, so yours should play Japanese ones, too.

Question - is there a way to plug external controllers into it, for multiplayer and / or zapper usage?

And is there video out?

Last edited by a moderator:

chad78

Website
Visit site
Sorry for the shittake quality pix, guys. The one handheld gadget I don't have is a decent digital camera.

2479093369_59d17f88fc_o.jpg

2479093333_bd5340bd02_o.jpg

2479093271_28615bcf64_o.jpg

Here are the handheld gaming systems, computers, and random cell phones that I have, enjoy! (GBA Micro with Famicom 20th Anniverary faceplate and SuperCard SD, White DS Lite in black Nerf Armor and some random faceplate sticker thing - R4DS & 3-in-1 EZFlash V, Nokia N800 (the battery needs to be charges - that's why no glow) - it runs Maemo Tablet OS2008, PSP Slim with custom firmware, Nokia QD - I just got and find useless so far, my "AntiPod Nano" as I call it - it's a s1 mp4 player from China, Pantech Duo cell phone - just because it's tiny. I like tiny tech toys. They amuse me. Hence the Micro as well as the DS.

darkman

darkman unmasked!
Website
www.vci.net
chad78 said:
darkman said:
edit: The online eBay store, where I purchased the unit, was kind enough to supply a “randomly picked” free NES game cart. The game is an NES Zapper game! I got mine for $39.00. I am thinking that it will play Famicom games also. I am trying to get a hold of one now on eBay. I will know in a week or two. There is really no reason, plastic wise, why it shouldn't. Unless the Famicom carts have a narrow insert end of the cart. If not I will try to pick up one that I saw on eBay that looked exactly like it repackaged with the name of "Game Porter." It claims to use Famicom carts.
I have a FC Twin (made by the same people) - it plays NES and SNES games - Japanese and US carts, so yours should play Japanese ones, too.

Question - is there a way to plug external controllers into it, for multiplayer and / or zapper usage?

And is there video out?

There is no way to plug in an extra controller. Only solo playing with the FC Mobile. And yes it has TV-out plus a headphone jack. But the headphone jack won't work while using the TV-out. I have a Famicom cart on the way, but have found out that the NES and the Famicom have a different pin-out. Are you saying that you are playing Famicom and NES on your FC Twin? I am thinking that I will need a 72 pin to 60 pin converter for my FC Mobile to play Famicom games.

chad78

Website
Visit site
darkman said:
There is no way to plug in an extra controller. Only solo playing with the FC Mobile. And yes it has TV-out plus a headphone jack. But the headphone jack won't work while using the TV-out. I have a Famicom cart on the way, but have found out that the NES and the Famicom have a different pin-out. Are you saying that you are playing Famicom and NES on your FC Twin? I am thinking that I will need a 72 pin to 60 pin converter for my FC Mobile to play Famicom games.
I was thinking SNES / Super Famicom games. But, yeah, with a converter, the Famicom carts will play on my FC Twin. Sorry about that. I stopped using my FC Twin and gave it with alll my games to my little sister. That and my 64.

jimid2

Website
Visit site
I got my FC Mobile NES system yesterday and spent a good three hours playing Batman on it. It was great! It has a nice weight to it and think it balances really well when you're holding it to play. The screen's okay - it's not a PSP screen by any stretch, but it does the job without blurring, but the colors don't exactly jump out at you... The reversed A/B buttons don't bother me too much because they're on a good angle, so you can still work your thumb around to do the running jump thing in Mario, but it's not as intuitive as it feels on a NES pad. Perhaps not the most practical machine made, but a cool toy nonetheless! :)

jimid2

Website
Visit site
I scored at a neighbourhood garage sale yesterday! I found two near-mint Nintendo Game & Watch systems - one complete in the box, and the other with the manual, but no box - and grabbed them for $5 each! I got Donkey Kong II and Mario Bros. (now I've got two of Mario Bros.), and both work perfectly. I spent three hours wandering around this garage sale, and this was the only find I had to show for it, but it was worth it! It's the first time I've seen a Game & Watch in the wild, and to get two!! I'm right pleased... :)

darkman

darkman unmasked!
Website
www.vci.net
jimid2 said:
I scored at a neighbourhood garage sale yesterday! I found two near-mint Nintendo Game & Watch systems - one complete in the box, and the other with the manual, but no box - and grabbed them for $5 each! I got Donkey Kong II and Mario Bros. (now I've got two of Mario Bros.), and both work perfectly. I spent three hours wandering around this garage sale, and this was the only find I had to show for it, but it was worth it! It's the first time I've seen a Game & Watch in the wild, and to get two!! I'm right pleased... :)
Wow!! That is extremely awesome!! Pics please. I want to see what the box looks like. I have my Donkey Kong JR. Game & watch setting here on my desk keeping time. I have had it for a very long time. I don't really remember a box.

TwoHeadedBoy

Website
Visit site
Seems everyone who has a Game & Watch, has Donkey Kong, Jr. :p

Oddly enough, I haven't got a clue what I'm doing in that game. I can get up to the top, but then just fall off the edge when it comes to getting DK out of his cage or whatever...

darkman

darkman unmasked!
Website
www.vci.net
TwoHeadedBoy said:
Seems everyone who has a Game & Watch, has Donkey Kong, Jr. :p

Oddly enough, I haven't got a clue what I'm doing in that game. I can get up to the top, but then just fall off the edge when it comes to getting DK out of his cage or whatever...
I have the one with the boat, can't remember its name right now. I just don't know where it is stashed away and packed up at. :unsure: I have got to hunt it down around here. :(

jimid2

Website
Visit site
darkman said:
Wow!! That is extremely awesome!! Pics please. I want to see what the box looks like. I have my Donkey Kong JR. Game & watch setting here on my desk keeping time. I have had it for a very long time. I don't really remember a box.

Hey darkman, the box I rec'd is for the Mario Bros. game... I'll try and get pics up tonight or tomorrow...

My son and I picked up a package off of Craigslist last night:

Lynx I (MiB)
4 Lynx Games
Game Boy Color (x2)
4 Game Boy Games
Game Boy Advance
4 GBA games
Game Gear
Sonic for GG
3 PS1 games (CiB, inc. FFVII !!)
PS1 Memory Card
1 Virtua Boy game (CiB)
LCD game Wildfire Pinball (1979 - very cool!)

Most of the GB/GBA games are excellent, including Zelda Link's Awakening DX, Ultima, Zelda A Link To The Past/4 Swords and Mario & Luigi... The Lynx games are all good (Slime World, Zendicon, Ms. Pacman and Chip's) and the systems are in nice shape, especially the Lynx which is basically mint. We paid $100 for the whack, which I thought was pretty good, considering FFVII alone goes for $50 everywhere nowadays... ;)

darkman

darkman unmasked!
Website
www.vci.net
jimid2 said:
My son and I picked up a package off of Craigslist last night:

Lynx I (MiB)
4 Lynx Games
Game Boy Color (x2)
4 Game Boy Games
Game Boy Advance
4 GBA games
Game Gear
Sonic for GG
3 PS1 games (CiB, inc. FFVII !!)
PS1 Memory Card
1 Virtua Boy game (CiB)
LCD game Wildfire Pinball (1979 - very cool!)

Most of the GB/GBA games are excellent, including Zelda Link's Awakening DX, Ultima, Zelda A Link To The Past/4 Swords and Mario & Luigi... The Lynx games are all good (Slime World, Zendicon, Ms. Pacman and Chip's) and the systems are in nice shape, especially the Lynx which is basically mint. We paid $100 for the whack, which I thought was pretty good, considering FFVII alone goes for $50 everywhere nowadays... ;)
Sounds like you found sunken treasure! What a hual. :) Looks like a very good deal. Congrats!

jimid2

Website
Visit site
Here's a pic of the Game & Watch stuff we found last weekend:

gamewatchbox.jpg

And here's some auction stuff to make you cry:

First, a Gamate auction I was watching that just went completely out of control...

Gamate Auction on Ebay - final price: £127 !!

And here, a Mega Duck and a Cougar Boy on Ebay Brazil - but I can't figure out how to contact the seller, so I can't beg and plead for shipping to Canada... :(

Cougar Boy / Mega Duck - Ebay Brazil

It's just not my morning... {sigh}

darkman

darkman unmasked!
Website
www.vci.net
$251.00 USD for a Gamemate :eek: :eek: :eek: ?

Wouldn't mind having that Mega Duck and a Cougar Boy myself. :huh:

The agony of it all
frustrated.gif

jimid2 your making me drool over that Game & Watch picture that you have there. Man you got a great deal.

jimid2

Website
Visit site
daclassicgamingmaster said:
jimid2 said:
First, a Gamate auction I was watching that just went completely out of control...

Gamate Auction on Ebay - final price: £127 !!

lol WOW, that's asinine :eek:

I wonder if mine appreciated in value already?? :lol:
You think that's crazy, get a load of this:

Pokemon Mini w/ 4 games for $250US!! :blink:

Surely a sign of The End of Times™ :eek:

darkman said:
jimid2 your making me drool over that Game & Watch picture that you have there. Man you got a great deal.

Ya, I was really lucky with those G&W's... My best score all year, I think...

TwoHeadedBoy

Website
Visit site
Gosh, that's a crazy amount to pay for a Pokemon Mini. I got my one all boxed up and stuff, as well as Pokemon Pinball Mini, for a grand total of £17. Lucky me, I guess.

jimid2

Website
Visit site
Hey guys,

I don't know if any of you might be interested, but I just posted a bunch of detailed pictures of the Koei PasoGo and Epoch Pocket Game Computer on my webspace for Satanic Claus... if you want to see the pics, browse over to http://web.ncf.ca/fl475/pockets/fin/ and you'll be able to click through them. I can only leave them up there for a couple weeks, so do take a look if you are interested...

Jimi :)

daclassicgamingmaster

It Is Your Birthday.
Website
krispf3.blogspot.com
I love famiclones :D. The Game Theory Admiral is the best one, I think. Output to the TV is actually quite excellent.

How have you been, SatanClaus? Haven't seen you about for a while. Still running that handheld museum site?