Post Your Handheld Collections!!

darkman said:
edit: The online eBay store, where I purchased the unit, was kind enough to supply a “randomly picked” free NES game cart. The game is an NES Zapper game! I got mine for $39.00. I am thinking that it will play Famicom games also. I am trying to get a hold of one now on eBay. I will know in a week or two. There is really no reason, plastic wise, why it shouldn't. Unless the Famicom carts have a narrow insert end of the cart. If not I will try to pick up one that I saw on eBay that looked exactly like it repackaged with the name of "Game Porter." It claims to use Famicom carts.
I have a FC Twin (made by the same people) - it plays NES and SNES games - Japanese and US carts, so yours should play Japanese ones, too.

Question - is there a way to plug external controllers into it, for multiplayer and / or zapper usage?

And is there video out?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the shittake quality pix, guys. The one handheld gadget I don't have is a decent digital camera.

2479093369_59d17f88fc_o.jpg

2479093333_bd5340bd02_o.jpg

2479093271_28615bcf64_o.jpg

Here are the handheld gaming systems, computers, and random cell phones that I have, enjoy! (GBA Micro with Famicom 20th Anniverary faceplate and SuperCard SD, White DS Lite in black Nerf Armor and some random faceplate sticker thing - R4DS & 3-in-1 EZFlash V, Nokia N800 (the battery needs to be charges - that's why no glow) - it runs Maemo Tablet OS2008, PSP Slim with custom firmware, Nokia QD - I just got and find useless so far, my "AntiPod Nano" as I call it - it's a s1 mp4 player from China, Pantech Duo cell phone - just because it's tiny. I like tiny tech toys. They amuse me. Hence the Micro as well as the DS.

chad78 said:
darkman said:
edit: The online eBay store, where I purchased the unit, was kind enough to supply a “randomly picked” free NES game cart. The game is an NES Zapper game! I got mine for $39.00. I am thinking that it will play Famicom games also. I am trying to get a hold of one now on eBay. I will know in a week or two. There is really no reason, plastic wise, why it shouldn't. Unless the Famicom carts have a narrow insert end of the cart. If not I will try to pick up one that I saw on eBay that looked exactly like it repackaged with the name of "Game Porter." It claims to use Famicom carts.
I have a FC Twin (made by the same people) - it plays NES and SNES games - Japanese and US carts, so yours should play Japanese ones, too.

Question - is there a way to plug external controllers into it, for multiplayer and / or zapper usage?

And is there video out?

There is no way to plug in an extra controller. Only solo playing with the FC Mobile. And yes it has TV-out plus a headphone jack. But the headphone jack won't work while using the TV-out. I have a Famicom cart on the way, but have found out that the NES and the Famicom have a different pin-out. Are you saying that you are playing Famicom and NES on your FC Twin? I am thinking that I will need a 72 pin to 60 pin converter for my FC Mobile to play Famicom games.

darkman said:
There is no way to plug in an extra controller. Only solo playing with the FC Mobile. And yes it has TV-out plus a headphone jack. But the headphone jack won't work while using the TV-out. I have a Famicom cart on the way, but have found out that the NES and the Famicom have a different pin-out. Are you saying that you are playing Famicom and NES on your FC Twin? I am thinking that I will need a 72 pin to 60 pin converter for my FC Mobile to play Famicom games.
I was thinking SNES / Super Famicom games. But, yeah, with a converter, the Famicom carts will play on my FC Twin. Sorry about that. I stopped using my FC Twin and gave it with alll my games to my little sister. That and my 64.

I got my FC Mobile NES system yesterday and spent a good three hours playing Batman on it. It was great! It has a nice weight to it and think it balances really well when you're holding it to play. The screen's okay - it's not a PSP screen by any stretch, but it does the job without blurring, but the colors don't exactly jump out at you... The reversed A/B buttons don't bother me too much because they're on a good angle, so you can still work your thumb around to do the running jump thing in Mario, but it's not as intuitive as it feels on a NES pad. Perhaps not the most practical machine made, but a cool toy nonetheless! :)

I scored at a neighbourhood garage sale yesterday! I found two near-mint Nintendo Game & Watch systems - one complete in the box, and the other with the manual, but no box - and grabbed them for $5 each! I got Donkey Kong II and Mario Bros. (now I've got two of Mario Bros.), and both work perfectly. I spent three hours wandering around this garage sale, and this was the only find I had to show for it, but it was worth it! It's the first time I've seen a Game & Watch in the wild, and to get two!! I'm right pleased... :)

jimid2 said:
I scored at a neighbourhood garage sale yesterday! I found two near-mint Nintendo Game & Watch systems - one complete in the box, and the other with the manual, but no box - and grabbed them for $5 each! I got Donkey Kong II and Mario Bros. (now I've got two of Mario Bros.), and both work perfectly. I spent three hours wandering around this garage sale, and this was the only find I had to show for it, but it was worth it! It's the first time I've seen a Game & Watch in the wild, and to get two!! I'm right pleased... :)
Wow!! That is extremely awesome!! Pics please. I want to see what the box looks like. I have my Donkey Kong JR. Game & watch setting here on my desk keeping time. I have had it for a very long time. I don't really remember a box.

Seems everyone who has a Game & Watch, has Donkey Kong, Jr. :p

Oddly enough, I haven't got a clue what I'm doing in that game. I can get up to the top, but then just fall off the edge when it comes to getting DK out of his cage or whatever...

TwoHeadedBoy said:
Seems everyone who has a Game & Watch, has Donkey Kong, Jr. :p

Oddly enough, I haven't got a clue what I'm doing in that game. I can get up to the top, but then just fall off the edge when it comes to getting DK out of his cage or whatever...
I have the one with the boat, can't remember its name right now. I just don't know where it is stashed away and packed up at. :unsure: I have got to hunt it down around here. :(

darkman said:
Wow!! That is extremely awesome!! Pics please. I want to see what the box looks like. I have my Donkey Kong JR. Game & watch setting here on my desk keeping time. I have had it for a very long time. I don't really remember a box.

Hey darkman, the box I rec'd is for the Mario Bros. game... I'll try and get pics up tonight or tomorrow...

My son and I picked up a package off of Craigslist last night:

Lynx I (MiB)
4 Lynx Games
Game Boy Color (x2)
4 Game Boy Games
Game Boy Advance
4 GBA games
Game Gear
Sonic for GG
3 PS1 games (CiB, inc. FFVII !!)
PS1 Memory Card
1 Virtua Boy game (CiB)
LCD game Wildfire Pinball (1979 - very cool!)

Most of the GB/GBA games are excellent, including Zelda Link's Awakening DX, Ultima, Zelda A Link To The Past/4 Swords and Mario & Luigi... The Lynx games are all good (Slime World, Zendicon, Ms. Pacman and Chip's) and the systems are in nice shape, especially the Lynx which is basically mint. We paid $100 for the whack, which I thought was pretty good, considering FFVII alone goes for $50 everywhere nowadays... ;)

jimid2 said:
My son and I picked up a package off of Craigslist last night:

Lynx I (MiB)
4 Lynx Games
Game Boy Color (x2)
4 Game Boy Games
Game Boy Advance
4 GBA games
Game Gear
Sonic for GG
3 PS1 games (CiB, inc. FFVII !!)
PS1 Memory Card
1 Virtua Boy game (CiB)
LCD game Wildfire Pinball (1979 - very cool!)

Most of the GB/GBA games are excellent, including Zelda Link's Awakening DX, Ultima, Zelda A Link To The Past/4 Swords and Mario & Luigi... The Lynx games are all good (Slime World, Zendicon, Ms. Pacman and Chip's) and the systems are in nice shape, especially the Lynx which is basically mint. We paid $100 for the whack, which I thought was pretty good, considering FFVII alone goes for $50 everywhere nowadays... ;)
Sounds like you found sunken treasure! What a hual. :) Looks like a very good deal. Congrats!

Here's a pic of the Game & Watch stuff we found last weekend:

gamewatchbox.jpg

And here's some auction stuff to make you cry:

First, a Gamate auction I was watching that just went completely out of control...

Gamate Auction on Ebay - final price: £127 !!

And here, a Mega Duck and a Cougar Boy on Ebay Brazil - but I can't figure out how to contact the seller, so I can't beg and plead for shipping to Canada... :(

Cougar Boy / Mega Duck - Ebay Brazil

It's just not my morning... {sigh}

$251.00 USD for a Gamemate :eek: :eek: :eek: ?

Wouldn't mind having that Mega Duck and a Cougar Boy myself. :huh:

The agony of it all
frustrated.gif

jimid2 your making me drool over that Game & Watch picture that you have there. Man you got a great deal.

daclassicgamingmaster said:
jimid2 said:
First, a Gamate auction I was watching that just went completely out of control...

Gamate Auction on Ebay - final price: £127 !!

lol WOW, that's asinine :eek:

I wonder if mine appreciated in value already?? :lol:
You think that's crazy, get a load of this:

Pokemon Mini w/ 4 games for $250US!! :blink:

Surely a sign of The End of Times™ :eek:

darkman said:
jimid2 your making me drool over that Game & Watch picture that you have there. Man you got a great deal.

Ya, I was really lucky with those G&W's... My best score all year, I think...

Gosh, that's a crazy amount to pay for a Pokemon Mini. I got my one all boxed up and stuff, as well as Pokemon Pinball Mini, for a grand total of £17. Lucky me, I guess.

Hey guys,

I don't know if any of you might be interested, but I just posted a bunch of detailed pictures of the Koei PasoGo and Epoch Pocket Game Computer on my webspace for Satanic Claus... if you want to see the pics, browse over to http://web.ncf.ca/fl475/pockets/fin/ and you'll be able to click through them. I can only leave them up there for a couple weeks, so do take a look if you are interested...

Jimi :)

My newest addition is the FC Mobile:

593px-Fcmobile_mit_modul_vorne.jpg

It's a Famiclone handheld with a NES slot. Nice :)

I love famiclones :D. The Game Theory Admiral is the best one, I think. Output to the TV is actually quite excellent.

How have you been, SatanClaus? Haven't seen you about for a while. Still running that handheld museum site?

Back