Release [Port] Residual

I hope so too.. but that person really should join the ResidualVM team.. I really would like to Myst III to work.. would be very nice on the pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK thanks to clop and mcobit. Finally got it all working (I think)

here is a test pnd of my build:

This is only a test build.

NOTES:

• ResidualVM should no longer write any data to the NAND.
  • ResidualVM data folder is now 'ResidualVM' instead of just 'Residual'
  • Saves from previous versions will not work.
  • I haven't done any script to copy across data because there isn't much point because of that fact.
  • Portugese version of Grim Fandango is now supported
  • Bug fixes, etc
  • Escape from Monkey Island Demo, Retail will boot up but won't be in a fully playable state.
  • Escape from Monkey Island Playstation 2 version was not tested.
  • Myst III is not supported in the this build because there is no software renderer for it currently in ResidualVM.
  • Games should generally be fine at 600MHz although a boost to 800MHz+ does make things smoother
  • I need to modify the PXML file properly before uploading to the Repo.

anyway happy testing

residualvm-op.pnd

Attachments

• residualvm-op.pnd
    5.5 MB · Views: 174
this new version doesn't want to work for me. It'll load up fine, and allow me to select the Grim Fandango game files, but won't run them! Tells me I have an unsupported version of the game files amd to update from the website. I have done so (the patch tells me it was already upgraded), but the game still won't run. Any ideas?

see what happens if you remove the "extra path" in the main menu

Options -> Paths

Also you don't need to install the patch anymore you can just place the raw .exe patch file in your data files and ResidualVM should load it.

ok, changing the extras path didn't seem to do much, but pasting the update file into the game directory (then deleting all PND appdata just to be sure ), seems to have fixed the problem, it's playing great now! I'm running on a 1 gig Pandora so I don't know if it's playing any faster than before...

THanks for the update!! :)

I forgot that the ResidualVM team did that.. makes it much easier to run.. no longer have to extract the .exe file.. juts place it in the data directory and you are ready to go.

Well done, lemondragon :D

Please warn me when you put this up on the repo, so I can remove the old version.

I need to talk to you about that.. how to work around it...

It's still good to have the old version up because of the saves issue.. old saves will not work with the current version.

So does this new version run Grim Fandago better than the original one on Pandora?

Chris

probably not it's just a more recent build with bug fixes and also allows Portuguese GF users to play also shows the current state of MI4 on it.

Hi and welcome to the community.

This is really great news and I hope lemondragon will include it :)

As for help on this stuff, there are people that are really good at this stuff here. Just post in the developmentsection.

I just completed Myst on Qemu, great to see Myst 3 will be supported in future ResidualVm build.

Hi guys I ported the actual myst3 plugin to gles1. Maybe you guys should try it on the pandora and tell me if it works!

All informations and sources can be found here:

http://forums.residu...er=asc&start=30

Also I started porting the opengl plugin from grim fandango to gles1, but I'm kind of stuck with this, do you think I can get any help on this from the pandora community?

Fantastic work!,

About Help, check out the Development section on this forum, generally that section is a good place to ask questions..

Hi I tried to compile using your changes but it had an error when it reached gfx_opengl.cpp perhaps I missed something in your changes.

Code:
engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void Grim::GfxOpenGL::setupCamera(float, float, float, float)’:

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp:359: error: ‘glFrustumf’ was not declared in this scope

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void Grim::GfxOpenGL::startActorDraw(const Math::Vector3d&, float, const Math::Angle&, const Math::Angle&, const Math::Angle&, bool, float)’:

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp:566: error: ‘glFrustumf’ was not declared in this scope

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void Grim::GfxOpenGL::drawShadowPlanes()’:

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp:650: error: ISO C++ forbids variable length array ‘vertices’

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void Grim::GfxOpenGL::drawModelFace(const Grim::MeshFace*, float*, float*, float*)’:

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp:756: error: ISO C++ forbids variable length array ‘vert’

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp:757: error: ISO C++ forbids variable length array ‘normal’

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp:758: error: ISO C++ forbids variable length array ‘tex’

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void Grim::GfxOpenGL::drawBitmap(const Grim::Bitmap*, int, int)’:

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp:1081: error: ‘glOrthof’ was not declared in this scope

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void Grim::GfxOpenGL::drawTextObject(const Grim::TextObject*)’:

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp:1311: error: ‘glOrthof’ was not declared in this scope

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void Grim::GfxOpenGL::drawMovieFrame(int, int)’:

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp:1575: error: ‘glOrthof’ was not declared in this scope

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void Grim::GfxOpenGL::irisAroundRegion(int, int, int, int)’:

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp:1926: error: ‘glOrthof’ was not declared in this scope

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void Grim::GfxOpenGL::drawRectangle(const Grim::PrimitiveObject*)’:

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp:1980: error: ‘glOrthof’ was not declared in this scope

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void Grim::GfxOpenGL::drawLine(const Grim::PrimitiveObject*)’:

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp:2097: error: ‘glOrthof’ was not declared in this scope

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void Grim::GfxOpenGL::drawPolygon(const Grim::PrimitiveObject*)’:

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp:2155: error: ‘glOrthof’ was not declared in this scope

make: *** [engines/grim/gfx_opengl.o] Erro

If its trying to compile using glFrustumf and glOrthof I assumed that you have already set the USE_OPENGL and USE_GLES flags in your config.mk. Make sure that the GLES library is properly installed on your PC it seems that it's not pointing on the GLES\gl.h

Ok I think I unsderstand what's happening, here's the include in gfx_opengl.h:

Code:
#if defined (SDL_BACKEND) && !defined(__amigaos4__)

#include <SDL\SDL_opengl.h>

#undef ARRAYSIZE

#else

#ifndef USE_GLES

#include <GL/gl.h>

#include <GL/glu.h>

#else

#include <GLES/gl.h>

#include <GLES/glext.h>

#endif

#endif

I think your SDL_BACKEND is set to 1 in your config.mk so you never point to GLES\gl.h

Android don't use SDL backend but I think pandora do, so try this but not sure it will work:

Code:
#if defined (SDL_BACKEND) && !defined(__amigaos4__)

//#include <SDL\SDL_opengl.h>

#include <GLES/gl.h>

#include <GLES/glext.h>

#undef ARRAYSIZE

#else

#ifndef USE_GLES

#include <GL/gl.h>

#include <GL/glu.h>

#else

#include <GLES/gl.h>

#include <GLES/glext.h>

#endif

#endif

a few less errors

Code:
engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void Grim::GfxOpenGL::drawShadowPlanes()’:

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp:650: error: ISO C++ forbids variable length array ‘vertices’

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void Grim::GfxOpenGL::drawModelFace(const Grim::MeshFace*, float*, float*, float*)’:

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp:756: error: ISO C++ forbids variable length array ‘vert’

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp:757: error: ISO C++ forbids variable length array ‘normal’

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp:758: error: ISO C++ forbids variable length array ‘tex’

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp: At global scope:

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp:91: warning: ‘Grim::fragSrc’ defined but not used

engines/grim/gfx_opengl.cpp:98: warning: ‘Grim::dimFragSrc’ defined but not used

make: *** [engines/grim/gfx_opengl.o] Error 1

Back