Residual

The project 'Residual' http://residual.sourceforge.net/ (a GrimE engine recreation) has recently announced that Grim Fandango is now completable (with only minor bugs), so am wondering if anyone who owns a Pandora would want to try porting it and seeing how well it runs. :D

I am really looking forward to this, I installed Virtual box and ran Win98 a few weeks ago to play this.

I love this game and will hold off until someone ports it, I'm up to chapter 2 so far.

I just hope the Residual team can steamroll through this year and be able to get "Monkey Island 4" working. :D

Well even tho I don't have my pandora yet, I made an attempt a couple of weeks ago at cross-compiling Residual and removed the "-DUSE_OPENGL" from the DEFINES variable (so it would run via software rather than having to convert opengl).. however I failed at compiling it, can't remember what the error was, was missing some file.

Has anyone else tried yet?

Hi,

Tried this last night, got it to run pretty nicely :D (see attachments)

Problems:

* In dialogs, response highlight doesn't works, even if selection does (meaning that you can select a response but you don't have any visual indication)

* Multi-lines subtitles (seems that only last line is displayed)

I will look into that & tweak the PND some more before release (default config file, perhaps :D ), but it's nice to see how well it runs!

residual-menu.png

residual-ingame1.png

residual-ingame2.png

residual-ingame3.png

Hi,

Tried this last night, got it to run pretty nicely :D (see attachments)

Problems:

* In dialogs, response highlight doesn't works, even if selection does (meaning that you can select a response but you don't have any visual indication)

* Multi-lines subtitles (seems that only last line is displayed)

I will look into that & tweak the PND some more before release (default config file, perhaps :D ), but it's nice to see how well it runs!

Amazing! Looking forward to seeing it come together :)

Wow, cool!

If you can work around this issues, it will be really great! But who needs subtitles anyways, when you have speech.

Thanks for this and hoping for a release soon ;)

AWESOME :D

Never played the game because no engine was available so far, but looks like that has changed now :D

Back