Release [Port] Residual

OK, now I got it. I used my image that I created with testdrive and opened it in iso-buster. I copied the whole content of the cd onto my HDD. Then I used the lab-copy-app ... and it worked.. I'm sooooo happy now :) but thank you all for your help !

Hopefully this wont drown TitanUranus again..

but here are some screen shots of "Escape from Monkey Island" (Monkey Island 4) from the latest git I have compiled for my PC

2lwujd3.png

n5r2ph.png

ebc41f.png

2qszehi.png

161cms4.png

Clop if you get round to compiling a new version for Pandora.. be interesting to see how MI4 or the Demo runs currently on it.. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Hummm :D

Interesting!

I'll dig up my source tree this week end, see if I can compile it :D

Hi,

I updated my Residual sources and build a PND. As project changed name (from just residual to residualvm), a lot of things might break with the PND (mostly dealing with paths).

As my Pandora has been stolen, could someone please test it?

If so, please check first if it's working ( :) ), then check if documentation is available, icon is correct, etc...

You may need to move your files from appdata/residual to appdata/residualvm. If it's needed, please warn me, i'll add something in the first run script to help migration.

Please post/send me the corresponding out file from /tmp .

Thanks,

Clop'

residualvm.pnd

Attachments

• residualvm.pnd
    5.9 MB · Views: 160
I can't get the PND to read the .residualvmrc config file in your latest PND

That PND doesnt work also for me, it crash to xfce when i click on "Add Game".

I PMed Clop last week and he said he was working on a new ResidualVM PND which use Notaz SDL.

I had a similar crashing issue when I compiled it for PC and if I remember correctly it's because the path to the skin is missing.. and as it can't read/find the config file it's unable to find the skin.

Grim Fandango runs very smoothly on my 1gigger(was pretty good on my 256 unit when overclocked), will be good to see an update! :)

Ok, thanks for feedback and sorry about delaying new update.

The renaming has been a bit annoying and as I'm sick as hell, I didn't looked into it. I will try to use my sunday morning hours of calm to look into it :)

Well I managed to hack my way around and got it working locally on my end altough very untidy.

Grim Fandango works fine..

Escape from Monkey Island is still in development.. but you can see the intro working on your Pandora! :D

edit: actually Grim Fandango has some weird walking glitch (Manny looks like he sliding on ice) in this build... probably should rebuild it again from latest build.

Well to help Clop out and with his help I have built a new ResidualVM, although I am having problems with getting the pnd running.. so I'll try to play around on Wednesday to get it working.

but here is an updated Video of how Monkey Island 4 currently runs... it's still in development.. it's not that playable... but it does show that it should be quite playable in the future... I did have to overclock to 800MHz as the video did stutter during cut scenes at stock speed.

Note I am skipping past cutscenes/titles just to show a bit more of the current state of the game

https://www.youtube.com/embed/oMPueNB0V2A?feature=oembed

Very nice video lemondragon, Monkey Island 4 on the Pandora is so cool, did you try also Myst 3?

In the case you get the new ResidualVm Pnd working, would be possible add an option for remap controls?

Last time i played Grim Fandango i remember Pandora ABXY buttons were unused, i would surely appreciate if

the new Pnd will allow button remapping.

ResidualVM currently doesn't have any software rendering code for Myst3 so requires OpenGL and unless someone wants to help the ResidualVM team and help out with that OR even better help write opengles for all the games then it's going to be a while.

I'm not really a programmer but in Monkey Island Y and X are used because they are page up/page down which is what the game uses to select different options/actions.

I think there already is an opengles configureoption. Have you ever tried to build it with this?

What about this excerpt from the configurescript:

Code:
case $_backend in

openpandora)

# Only enable OpenGL ES on the OpanPandora if --enable-opengl is passed in explicitly.

if test "$_opengl" = yes ; then

_opengl=yes

_opengles=yes

OPENGL_LIBS="-lGLES_CM -lEGL -lX11"

OPENGL_CFLAGS="$OPENGL_LIBS"

LIBS="$LIBS $OPENGL_LIBS"

INCLUDES="$INCLUDES $OPENGL_CFLAGS"

fi

;;

esac

Looks like it even has some preparation for the Pandora?

This is from here:

https://github.com/residualvm/residualvm/blob/master/configure

I believe a lot of the openpandora mentions are when the sourcecode is synced with scummvm. I'll have a go at it anyway...

Ah, thought so... But maybe it won't be too bad to convert the renderer to gles.

I still hope somebody might have a go at it :)

Back