Please I beg your forgiveness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fusion, it's not your fault bro, because in regards to hakmanplayer, well, my finger was hovering over the perma-ban button for quite sometime and it was only a matter of time before he slipped.

banbutton.gif

Easy come, easy go.
+1,000,000

Last edited by a moderator:
Fusion, it's not your fault bro, because in regards to hakmanplayer, well, my finger was hovering over the perma-ban button for quite sometime and it was only a matter of time before he slipped.

banbutton.gif

Easy come, easy go.
+1,000,000
Although I agree with Fusion not being at fault, I don't think your latest post is productive or very professional. For someone who acted not so nice on these forums in the past, you're quick to dish out some authority and feel it be nothing but justified.

It seemed Hakman wanted to reconcile his past. I personally can't believe he acted in the way that he did after he asked for forgiveness, but some people simply have demons. I wish him the best and hope he cleans himself up going forward, but we shouldn't be making a mockery of him while he is now "defenseless".

....well, my finger was hovering over the perma-ban button for quite sometime and it was only a matter of time before he slipped.

If this were a democracy, which it isn't, I wouldn't vote for you next term because of this statement. That's all it took to change my mind about you.

You're a great guy usually, but that statement said a lot about you as a leader; as an authority figure for this community. It seems you're letting the power go to your head. Perma-banning should be something you're sad about, or at least indifferent... but you should definitely not take pleasure in disciplining members of the community. This was entrapment. I'd bet my lunch money you were in with Craig on this-- Craig would provoke him to get a response, and you'd be right there with the banhammer.

I promise, I'm not just trolling. I have a legitimate concern here; I wonder, is your finger hovering over anyone else's button?

I think perma-bans should require a two-thirds majority vote by the next day's active users... like the voting system in some first-person shooters for kicking people off the server. I've never had any problems with you, Sony, not until this.... and it's not necessarily a problem with you; it's nothing personal and you're only human. I just think moderators should not have that much power... to protect the community from rogue moderation like that.

Hardly your fault. As was said before, another similar post was removed (not by myself) prior to this, several days ago. Everyone else was ready to ban then and there, though...
Ah, OK. I didn't read any post here, so I also did not knew about the ban and the real reasons for it at first. I don't know this hackman guy and his past here, seems to be a pretty troubled past. ^^"

....well, my finger was hovering over the perma-ban button for quite sometime and it was only a matter of time before he slipped.

I think perma-bans should require a two-thirds majority vote by the next day's active users...

If you must know, a consensus was reached amongst the moderators to watch him closely and issue a ban at the first sign of trouble. We've actually been reasonably lenient, in view of the circumstances, and I was trying to patch things up with some friendly banter.

I don't think dragging out a perma-ban into a big spectacle involving member votes is a particularly sound idea, for many reasons which I will not go into detail on. Ultimately, bans are issued for a pretty good reason and there will usually have been some discussion in the Moderator forum before one takes place.

If you really want to get democratic; we're currently keeping a close eye on Radical. If you look up his posts using the search facility, I'm sure you'll understand why. He hasn't been spontaneously perma-banned, but is collecting warnings like a magpie.

This is not a personal attack, merely an open statement of fact. But it's likely to prompt all manner of opinion, debate and flame, not to mention could be construed as a provocation: which is why we wouldn't ordinarily be so open.

This was entrapment. I'd bet my lunch money you were in with Craig on this-- Craig would provoke him to get a response, and you'd be right there with the banhammer.
I really most sincerely hope you're joking with your unusual sense of humour, here.

I'm sure I've read it wrong, though. After all, how could Craig have possibly known that Fusion_Power, who let's not forget, is who Craig's attempt at a joke was directed at, wanted to know whether the metal would be shiny like a particular ZZ Top keychain? (Or was the whole selling keychains thing meant to be a part of it, too? ;) )

Gadge covers the rest of what needs to be said, above.

I promise, I'm not just trolling. I have a legitimate concern here; I wonder, is your finger hovering over anyone else's button?
Not *just* trolling, but it does seem as though that is a large part of what you're doing.

The mods have already explained, he was already engaging in bannable offenses with warnings and second chances; that's why fingers were hovering over the ban button, one final offense and he was out. I'm not sure you appreciate what probation really means.

As was mentioned, this Radical troll that periodically shows up is also under heavy observation.

Hakmanplayer has had his chance. Dammit I've tried to give him a fair chance. There were plenty of incidents before, I've given him advice on how to tackle situations differently, but he just won't learn.

He gets angry because Craig doesn't immediately respond to him. Well, first of all, Craig has thanked the entire group of supporters collectively, which makes much more sense than thanking each individual. Yes, this was after Hakmanplayer got mad, but it also doesn't make sense to do this directly after requesting the donations. Second, Craig has plenty of reasons to be angry and/or hostile towards Hakmanplayer after all the abuse he received from him in the past.

Second, while I completely understand that Radical is under observation, I don't think these issues should be handled in the open between all members but should rather be dealt with silently by moderators. Posting this will only provoke non-moderators to use this as ammunition against him and can potentially compromise his status on these boards. Moderators should guard against abuse in both directions. This comment should never have been made.

Posting this will only provoke non-moderators to use this as ammunition against him and can potentially compromise his status on these boards. Moderators should guard against abuse in both directions. This comment should never have been made.

My point exactly. Thank you. In fact, other members seeing his under-watch status as an opportunity to bait him into a ban is a situation that didn't occur to me.

I made said comment in an effort to demonstrate that it should not be made.

Ein etwas, Ein etwas anderes, Ein kleine Computergerät!

D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back