Songs/music You Can't Stand

As a fan of many musical artists and genres including Butthole Surfers, Ministry, Death, Violent Femmes, R.E.M. ... there is one artist I truly truly HATE .....................................................................................Celine 'feckin' Dion Urgh shut the hell up you warbling annoying biatch!!!!

There, rant over out of my system. But man do I hate everything Celine Dion does!! :p

I mostly hate stuff I'm forced to listen:

O-Zone/Haiducii - Dragostea din tei
Los del Río - Macarena

When those were popular, they were played everywhere, on the radio, on TV, in the shops, it was impossible to avoid them. Some kind of global madness. Good thing that they are mostly gone now, but those were the most annoying I remember to date.

I also hate Christmas season songs. Every time I run out of food during the first past of winter, I have to listen to "last Christmas". The horror.

notaz said:
Now come on, that's an awesome song. Especially this version.

Besides Bjork, I also don't like rap, heavy metal, songs with screaming, R&B (it's not even rhythm and blues any more!), stupid experimental/minimalist music, teenage 'emo' rock, electronica or garage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything involving that fucking crazy frog. <_<

crazy_frog.jpg

Crank dat engine watch me ro' super charge that o

soulja boi up in that o

seriously, the words either mean something vulgar or are complete gibberish depending on your interpretation

and yet people don't care

sataniC Virus said:
... there is one artist I truly truly HATE .....................................................................................Celine 'feckin' Dion Urgh shut the hell up you warbling annoying biatch!!!!

There, rant over out of my system. But man do I hate everything Celine Dion does!! :p
Canada has repeatedly apologized for this. I will go ahead and apologize once more.

We're truly sorry. Special apology to the city of Las Vegas. P.S. Thank you for taking her out of our country.

^ lol. Thank you. Much appreciated. That will go a small way to getting rid of the horrible memories of hearing her songs. What I find strange about her is that she's Canadian and yet she managed to sing for Switzerland in the Eurovision song contest. How the hell'd she manage that?

Actually I don't want to know.

@ Lurkio - Totally agree on that Crazy Frog thing. It was annoying the first time I ever saw it. Supposed to be an advert for some companies car exhausts and it turns into this huge thing with songs and games coming with it. The creator has even apologised for creating it. Bloody right. How dare he make something so irritating.

sataniC Virus said:
As a fan of many musical artists and genres including Butthole Surfers, Ministry, Death, Violent Femmes, R.E.M. ... there is one artist I truly truly HATE .....................................................................................Celine 'feckin' Dion Urgh shut the hell up you warbling annoying biatch!!!!

lol... Celine Dion whale call!

nickspoon said:
why do you not like björk she is 1 of the most versatile artist that i nou
if only like hard core rock trust me it may not be wildele now that björk at 1 time was hard core rook singer

nickspoon said:
notaz said:
Now come on, that's an awesome song. Especially this version.

i like this version more that the other version

Was recently at Big Day Out in Auckland, NZ and Bjork was the lead in to Rage Against the Machine. Everyone in the entire stadium wanted her off the stage. She wasn't bad - but with a band like Rage you just don't put someone like Bjork on. Still when Rage did come on, the angst that everyone felt towards Bjork just made it into one massive mosh pit. Best live gig I've ever been to.. :p

atomicthumbs said:
Crank dat engine watch me ro' super charge that o

soulja boi up in that o

seriously, the words either mean something vulgar or are complete gibberish depending on your interpretation

and yet people don't care
I think the counter to that argument is the, "Louie Louie", defense. Lyrics never mattered.

culturepunk said:
Which is also annoying cos most punk, mod, folk music I like lasts that long just 2 mins or something.
Okay, you bash classic rock but you listen to folk? WTF? ^^

culturepunk said:
Rubbish R&B / Hiphop really annoys me too. I like good hip hop, NWA, Public Enemy, Atari Teenage Riot but the stuff they listen to these days is just awful. When its on a bus its well annoying played through little phone speakers. :(
Since when did Atari Teenage Riot become rap? I think Alec Empire would be pretty pissed if you told him he was a rapper ;-)

Music I hate is usually stuff that did not require any kind of talent to produce. I love electronic music, I hate stupid trance shit played in German discos... that's like music that nine year olds can produce. Don't get me wrong, there actually is good trance out there...

Also as I grew up with punk and hardcore, I hate fucking hardcore jocks and their crappy wannabe metalcore bullcrap. They used to come to our concerts were our crew was hanging out, they wanted to act all tough like they were down with boston beatdown or something, they never have any idea where hardcore actually comes from but think it's all about the violent dancing and elbowing kids in the face... so we used to beat the shit out of them :D If someone pretends to be a wind mill in front of my face and thinks that's how a moshpit works: here is news for you! Take your toughguy shit (25 ta life, everybody gets hurt, settle the score... whatever band it is) and step out of my door and I will show you what real fighting looks like!
I am sick and tired of an interesting scene turning into crap because some idiot bands and their retard following think it's about being a real man... just sad.
So yeah... toughguy hardcore pisses me off.

notaz said:
I also hate Christmas season songs. Every time I run out of food during the first past of winter, I have to listen to "last Christmas". The horror.
:lol: Ha ha you have it good, the other weekend my friend was drunk and thought it was funny to play a whole christmas album, and attacked anyone who went near the stereo and we had to give up in the end. Awful.

culturepunk said:
Rubbish R&B / Hiphop really annoys me too. I like good hip hop, NWA, Public Enemy, Atari Teenage Riot but the stuff they listen to these days is just awful. When its on a bus its well annoying played through little phone speakers. :(
there's alot of good hip hop around you just hafta look a little for it, check out rhymesayers and definitive jux records

as for music i cant stand well i was going to say mainstream hip hop but then i realized i listen to girl talk alot who mixes mainly mainstream hip hop with lots of other types of music. i think my main problem with mainstream hip hop is that the artists take themselves to seriously. i suppose when T.I. is thrown in the context of Sinead O'Connor it because playful and enjoyable. but i mainly look for poetry in hip hop which is why i dont listen to lil wayne ; )
but besides that i can pretty much stand any type of music i just dont particularly like alot of mainstream music

The coldplay singer annoys me but not hugely. I listen to music that would annoy people who like current mainstream stuff. At least my stuff isn't played out (to death) within five seconds of coming out.

All of MTV Rnb & Hiphop
Emo
Britney Spears , Christina Aguilera and all other masses of their clones
HIM
White/Christian metal
Avril Lavigne

Back