Playstation Emulation

I do not think people are gonna like that you bumped such an old topic but as far as I know, Playstation emulation is already running fairly well and will most likely be available at launch. Zodttd has stated that he is more worried about improving compatibility then game performance because it is already performing well. Hope this helps

I think we would appreciate also the new about compatibility, for me that's important as well as speed and stability of the emulator.

Seeing as how this topic has been bumped anyway.. I thought I'd jump in with a question :)

Does the emulator currently support CDDA, and if so out of what type of CD dump format (words chosen carefully to avoid "ROM" ;) ) i.e. will be able to use bin/cue style dumps and get CDDA?

It didn't support CDDA the last time I looked at it, but that is some big time and zodttd might have added it meanwhile.

The Pandora version probly won't be available for download until the pandora is released.
But you could head over to www.zodttd.com and tryout the other flavors available.

Everyone acts like the pandora hasn't been released yet.
Where did those 3000 from the initial batch disappear I wonder, perhaps, intercepted by Sony?

To which 3000 are you referring? As far as I know, 3000 haven't already been made.

Luftwaffles said:
Everyone acts like the pandora hasn't been released yet.
Where did those 3000 from the initial batch disappear I wonder, perhaps, intercepted by Sony?

Yeah, wtf are you talking about? There have been preorders only. A few dev boards are out there with devs, but that's all so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
in preparation for PSX2Pandora i'm going to start ripping my games, is this a good guide? I mean, is this the correct process to get the games into working ISO's for the emulator?

http://ask-yusry-anything.blogspot.com/2008/02/how-to-rip-psxps1-original-cds-into.html

Paradox said:
in preparation for PSX2Pandora i'm going to start ripping my games, is this a good guide? I mean, is this the correct process to get the games into working ISO's for the emulator?

http://ask-yusry-anything.blogspot.com/2008/02/how-to-rip-psxps1-original-cds-into.html
Don't use Alcohol though you should use magic iso which you can download here.

after you install it you just put your disc in open Magic ISO and click on tools then click make ISO. Then you go to where it says output format and click on it to chose which format you want it to be. (for what ever reson the default is always UIF but you will want ISO or BIN.)

Good Luck. ;)

#1 GameMaster said:
Paradox said:

after you install it you just put your disc in open Magic ISO and click on tools then click make ISO. Then you go to where it says output format and click on it to chose which format you want it to be. (for what ever reson the default is always UIF but you will want ISO or BIN.)

Good Luck. ;)
Are you sure magiciso works for ps1 games?
Also, good job on the gravediggin' there Para :p I think I'll post in the "our new machine" thread later today.

Well, since this thread was necro'd, I'll go ahead and take this opportunity to ask this:
What particular formats does the PSX emulator read anyway? I have files from so many different formats, and I'm not sure how to go about using them. (You see, I'm new to PSX emulation. I've dealt only with gameboy, nes, snes, gba and n64. All of those are very straightforward. One file to read. Done. The PSX...not so much.)

So, what I am asking is, what format must they be in to be read?
I've got games in all of the below:

.bin
.cue
.ccd
.img
.sub

Can all of them be read via the emulator? Yeah, sorry, like I said, I'm new to PSX emulation. It's the only one that I've ever had to deal with so many different file types. :huh:

rabidpoobear said:
#1 GameMaster said:
Paradox said:

Good Luck. ;)
Also, good job on the gravediggin' there Para :p I think I'll post in the "our new machine" thread later today.
Yes MagicISO does work for PSX games because that is how I made all my ISOs.

#1 GameMaster said:
rabidpoobear said:
#1 GameMaster said:
Paradox said:

Good Luck. ;)
Yes MagicISO does work for PSX games because that is how I made all my ISOs.

I tried making some ISO's of a few games with both alcohol 52% and this magic iso you mentioned, I tried running both copies in 2 different emulators to test them and neither seem to work =(

hmm, btw is the actual emulator going to support USB Optical drives?

or ill have to use a cd image and nothing else.

asked this since im too busy/lazy to turn my own games onto iso images.

DroneB Dev said:
hmm, btw is the actual emulator going to support USB Optical drives?

or ill have to use a cd image and nothing else.

asked this since im too busy/lazy to turn my own games onto iso images.
It should be possible to make a small FUSE driver that exposes a block device as a virtual ISO file. In other words: In Linux, it's possible to make your CD-drive look like an ISO file, so the emulator doesn't need to support reading from the CD directly.

as long as this thread is zombified, What's the chances of getting some more videos of psx in action? B)

Back