Release New PSX4Pandora video

Flack said:
Will the final Pandora PSX emulator have sound?

No. The Pandora features a HSG to deal with that. The HSG is designed to emulator the sound required based on the personal talents of the Pandora user.

Ps: The HSG stands for Human Sound Generator. In other words, you want sound, you need to make it yourself... So start taking music lessons already *lol*

j/k, of course it will have sound...

I appreciate all the attempts at humor, but I think it's a legitimate question to ask when several videos of the Pandora playing PlayStation games have been posted and none of them have sound.

One thing I have learned (and I learned it on the GP32) is that you shouldn't assume anything until you see it (or, in this case, hear it).

Flack said:
I appreciate all the attempts at humor, but I think it's a legitimate question to ask when several videos of the Pandora playing PlayStation games have been posted and none of them have sound.
Yeah, you're right.
But none of them are working on a assembled pandora either :lol:

I would have preferred to see a video of a game which ran really badly on the GP2X version (say RR, MGS or Soulblade): I assume it's just a coincidence that the videos we've seen so far are of the games that ran fastest on the GP2X. :ph34r:

If the next video is of "Abes Odyssey" or "Resident Evil" I'm gonna get really worried about Pandoras PSX emulation! :eek:

Lobo said:
I would have preferred to see a video of a game which ran really badly on the GP2X version (say RR, MGS or Soulblade): I assume it's just a coincidence that the videos we've seen so far are of the games that ran fastest on the GP2X. :ph34r:

If the next video is of "Abes Odyssey" or "Resident Evil" I'm gonna get really worried about Pandoras PSX emulation! :eek:
It's basically the same emulator, maybe they don't want to show things that don't run well because of the emulator. Wipeout video doesn't run fullspeed but Zodttd blames the emulator, not pandora.

Yeah, remember that he did say in the video that it was unoptimized. The first true release should run well.

Lobo said:

I would kill to see Soulblade...

In terms of playability (ignoring the graphical advantage), is this more compatible than the emulator on the PSP? I've always hated the PSP's emulator because some game work with certain versions and some don't...or the case of Final Fantasy VIII, where something is broken in every version, but each one has a different game-crippling glitch. >.>

CyruzDraxs said:
In terms of playability (ignoring the graphical advantage), is this more compatible than the emulator on the PSP? I've always hated the PSP's emulator because some game work with certain versions and some don't...or the case of Final Fantasy VIII, where something is broken in every version, but each one has a different game-crippling glitch. >.>

I think that's kind of the way emulators really develop. I would not expect this emulator to be any different. Some games will not work.

socket said:
CyruzDraxs said:

I think that's kind of the way emulators really develop. I would not expect this emulator to be any different. Some games will not work.
Well, I'm thinking this might be more compatible since it's a port of an existing emulator, rather than a new one and is designed to properly support as many games as possible, instead of the PSP's emulator that is only designed to play a handful of games and happens to be able to play a few more when hacked. I just wanted to be sure.

I have tried to rip one of my loved japanese hokuto no ken games for the PS1 and play it on the PSP with an emulator (don't remember the name of the emu...) anyway, it didn,t work and I don't know why. Maybe because it is a NTSC version? Anybody knows? :(

I hope that I can play this game on the Pandora :p

Sorry for the lack of communication from me in the past. I've been loaded with work on various projects (many of them commercial lately). I am going to get some new videos out of psx4pandora once I get some simple OpenGLES blitting / scaling implemented. This project still needs a good amount of work when it comes to a frontend. But I will make sure the compatibility is continually improved. Right now compatibility is better than psx4gp2x ever was, but less than POPS on the PSP.

Performance won't be an issue for the most part. So I will be working on compatibility, features, and polish. Frontends / user interface will need to be tackled as well. :)

Thanks,
ZodTTD

Sounds good. I thought this was pretty much done already, but looks like you'll have some time to finish it in time for the launch (if you're aiming for that, that is.)

Woot! He's alive!!! Thanks for the update, it's nice to know things are still progressing!

zodttd said:
Performance won't be an issue for the most part. So I will be working on compatibility, features, and polish. Frontends / user interface will need to be tackled as well. :)
Such luxuries! Thanks Zod, great to hear from you.

One thing to consider is having a minimal user interface, but working together with Aimless_E so that it works well with ZiB, the emulator frontend that he's writing. If we actually can develop a frontend that works well with many emulators (and has support of the emulator developers), I feel like that might be a great solution (and potentially preferable to each emulator having its own, different interface).

Back