Mame Running On Pandora. Video(s) Inside.

Super excited about this project, I hope it becomes one of the great emulators on the Panda.

Oh can I donate to a MAME fund or just to your main one on your site?

I wish I had the talent that you and other dev's do, keep up the great work :)

Josh

I'm probably the only guy here who wants to see the G.I. Joe arcade game run on the Pandora, but my friends and I had a lot of fun with that one back in the day and it would be great to show it to them running from the palm of my hand.

nah, you're not the only one who wants to see G.I. Joe running on Pandora. I would love to see that game and it's older brother Devastators. Heck, I would love to see all of the Konami games running from that engine up and running on the Panda.

Splatterhouse arcade!

Don't forget Smash TV and Total Carnage.

Is it possible to get Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder playable?

Could prove difficult to get Golden Axe RODA to run. It still has many problems running through MAME

Vince2501 said:
Splatterhouse arcade!

Don't forget Smash TV and Total Carnage.

Is it possible to get Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder playable?
Smash TV and Total Carnage with two analog nubs?!?! WOWOWOWOW I hadn't even thought of that. I know it worked well on ps2, but this rules! I really hope those run well.

What's another one, I think Ikari III. That used those rotatable joysticks, but should also be playable with two nubs. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Both those games will run full speed on Pandora. It's the early ninties Midway games I'm hoping for fullspeed :)

You guys can't half tell I love Mortal Kombat games can you :p

It's not a game I'm familiar with, but Crazy Climber used twin 8-way joysticks for control. Out of curiousity, I wonder if the analogue nubs could be tasked with this... Although, that said, the fact that they're analogue is probably a problem. :p

Prometheus said:
It's not a game I'm familiar with, but Crazy Climber used twin 8-way joysticks for control. Out of curiousity, I wonder if the analogue nubs could be tasked with this... Although, that said, the fact that they're analogue is probably a problem. :p
You can abstract the analog into a digital "press" with a very simple algorithm. It wont likely be an issue.

played and been really into nearly every emulator out there! except mame. looking forward to it.

AireTamStorm said:
Prometheus said:
You can abstract the analog into a digital "press" with a very simple algorithm. It wont likely be an issue.

I was wondering if that would be the answer. :lol: Cool - thanks for quelling my random curiousity, there. :)

joshwaan2k said:
Also do you guys think the first Tekken will be playable in MAME?
Playable... I'll guess maybe at 900Mhz but with frame skipping and no sound. You're far better off playing the PSX Tekkens (they have more features anyway) - MAME is not so good for speed.

Yeah your right, I was just dreaming :).

But yeah least we got a kick ass PSX emu for it.

Just been thinking, I reackon Primal Rage would be a good test for the final board and .106 if it's ported.

Specs:

Atari GT hardware

Main CPU : 68EC020 (@ 25 Mhz)
Sound CPU : TMS32031 (@ 33.8688 Mhz)
Sound Chips : (4x) DMA-driven (@ 33.8688 Mhz)

Screen orientation : Horizontal
Video resolution : 336 x 240 pixels
Aspect ratio : 4/3
Screen refresh : 60.00 Hz
Palette colors : 32768

I'm sorry to bump the thread guys, but looking forward to the port like there's not tomorrow.

Zodttd sorry to annoy, just checking mate if you have the MK2 board yet?

Also how's porting of the latest MAME going?

Love to see what MK or MK2 runs like @ 600MHZ on the final board. If not quite full speed nothing a simple overclock will not fix.

Cheers

Back