Playstation Emulation

AssumedAlive said:
Will the psx emulation on the pandora have anti-aliasing support?

If someone tells me if/how it's possible to enable it when rendering to an FBO, yes. However as people have said there will be no need for AA in the Pandora screen since the pixel density is just so high.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tinnus said:
AssumedAlive said:

If someone tells me if/how it's possible to enable it when rendering to an FBO, yes. However as people have said there will be no need for AA in the Pandora screen since the pixel density is just so high.
Rubbish. There's room for a supercharger on that supercharger. :D

zodttd said:
Expect videos soon! I got a clamping monopod for my desk too for better videos of macro shots! :p
Did I miss these videos? Could someone link me to them if I did? Thanks.w

anexanhume said:
Tinnus said:
AssumedAlive said:

Rubbish. There's room for a supercharger on that supercharger. :D

i have a hemi on my hemi. :lol:
as far as piracy goes its technically illegal, but i doubt anyone would take you to court for it, especially considering how sony is more concerned with pirated PSP games.
also @Jerry
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=43653

Chip said:
JerryG20 said:
waffles said:
also @Jerry
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=43653

I think there was a misunderstanding. The video you linked to is by EvilDragon and is a general overview of the Pandora. The videos I was talking about would be by zodttd and would be on his progress of the Playstation emulator (that's what the quote seemed to refer to).

Zod's videos are here.

Yes, I was just asking if he made those new videos of Playstation emulation as per the quote. If everyone video he's made is on that YouTube link, then I guess he hasn't.

I've gone through this thread and can't find any information regarding input support, so I'm assuming this should be an acceptable inquiry.
With the Pandora having usb host capabilities and TV out, will psx4pandora support multiple controllers connected via a powered usb hub?
Thanks.

I think the good solution would be to get the Wireless PC adapter for the XBOX360 controller working and then you can wirelessly play with the excellent Xbox360 controller... Unless you hate them :)

I actually really like the Xbox 360 controller and hope somehow the pandora will support the wireless usb dongle... I suppose some day I will have to jump in and make some code but this is slightly above my skill. I need a full blown IDE and someone elses code to make things hehe

Canguy said:
Chip said:
Some people are really amazing. It's as if you spent all day baking a delicious pie with hand picked fruit and fresh ingredients, and hand delivered it to their house. When you showed up at their door with the free, tasty pie and said "Here, this is for you", all they could think to say is "What, no whipped cream?"
It is more like they did not like the fact that you brought a fork and spoon, when all they want is a spoon. Which seems worse to me.

Oh wow.. I lol'd.

Why doesn't everyone just cool it for a while. The Pandora hasn't even been shipped to us yet, and already PSX emulation has come along way. Even SNES emulation took a while to iron out on the GP2X.

thought i just might update this thread with a link to zodttd's latest video.

there is also an interesting psx thread on the temporary forum where he explains why wipeout xl is still a bit slow and how that's going to change in the near future.

Zodttd

Just wondering mate, it's proberly been discussed before anyways. With you first video of FF7 it ran crazy fast 200 FPS you say. Now your last video run FF7 quite slow, could be your camera to.

Now is this because you had sound applied this time around and the rotation of the screen and all that?

Just can't work out why it would be ultra fast then ran at 20FPS.

Anyways I'm just starting what's been said but I just can't work it out.

I'm sure we will see 60 FPS with most games in a few months.

joshwaan2k said:
Zodttd

Just wondering mate, it's proberly been discussed before anyways. With you first video of FF7 it ran crazy fast 200 FPS you say. Now your last video run FF7 quite slow, could be your camera to.

Now is this because you had sound applied this time around and the rotation of the screen and all that?
The software rotation is probably to blame. If i remember correctly, now its upscaling, and rotating ( unnecessarily ) the image.

I need to admit, i never expected the second movie to be so much slower. If the upscaling, and rotating is taking a huge chunk off the cpu, that might explain it. Here a comment from zodttd in the youtube section: "My rotation code is VERY slow. Gaining about 1/3rd more speed is within reach without the need for it.".

To conclude, the difference between the old, and the new video:
- Screen rotation now going on. Aka, 1/3th of the speed because of the rotation alone.
- Sound enabled now. So that means less cycles for the CPU to burn. This can be improved in the future ( in theory ) by offloading the sound to the hardware, instead of the software
- Screen upscaling going on. Don't remember any info about it, if he's using the DSP or not. I'm assuming not seeing as all the movies of emulators are all run in pure software mode on the CPU.
- L2 cache enabled? Or still disabled?

The 200fps claim was when the Pandora was OC'ed to 900Mhz, and its save to assume that the new movies are made at 500 or 600Mhz clock. Lets assume that the OC had a 1/3 advantage in speed. 200fps peak -> 133fps peak. Drop another 1/3 the because of rotation( or more ). 133fps -> 88fps left. Then you got upscaling, and sound... Remember, those number are based on a peak value zodttd got only once during the testing. It was not a average fps score.

Well, a month to go, and we will see in person :D

Thanks for you post Benjiro that's made it a bit clearer for me :)

Can't wait to use this emu will be one of the Pandora's showcase emulators :).

Back