Playing with Play-Doh

Great, it really seems we will have finished Pyras this year :)
How many devs are there and is it needed to register as a dev anywhere?
I am just developing a phone software, not sure if the phone capability is important to work on the first shipments of the Pyra.
Actually i have an working prototype of the software, running with an Huawei-3G-Stick on my Ubuntu Laptop.
+1 for you getting a prototype, phone functionality is a feature I'm really hoping for so I won't need to use my phone ever again!

Edit: Maybe I'm mistaken; I can find vids by zodttd, and others by a meatspace user whose real name is (I think) TrashyMG.
Wasn't me, unless you meant my StarCraft and Diablo 2 Pandora videos.

I am just developing a phone software, not sure if the phone capability is important to work on the first shipments of the Pyra.
Actually i have an working prototype of the software, running with an Huawei-3G-Stick on my Ubuntu Laptop.
At least to me phone capability on the Pyra sooner or later is essential. And, the earlier I can cry "My phone is dead. Long lives my phone!", the better. ;)

Here :)
hwv9uwbmwgs5Cx8IjK5SBrmOga0x661OVhYJvoHiTC5pojP4sPErQtsgMXhdtWEfjdT8iI-UmKJtPRny2VKnKKw8uUrVjzToAwyl43Borm_419Zjrmb1moKc2JMC-VqBYeTU2N_5RHU_jtMjBHlT9eYREZHIg_oPghcZXHb3jkvBMJ5_yWsniNSBoD8aC056tU-b2OSRIueo2j3aPtZinqMeeaUvg5Ajh_kgWmHnQXcrjRspIw2ULDoHmdN1Fl7gTBtF7j_KkNZ1aYahcY4kNdlD0oINsd2kzoBgNlTeGXhXOJ5bmKYBe_WHmrATQxhfmpkNWIQ_DS9Fe2qdL8xYp5ZqGwn-1bOtjQxnuV8wuJ1Wf3qz6O72HqRdACHgy2Xmtjcm5ZYRIJm44fn8IQcXc1LFnuwg6FKke6yh0TNHnwCpEtvQ-p3FYfV-pPl1QAQrplHJ7S4u6qi3BsXvkPxYE2UFrvGGAWOs8ETrptUN1MvYNEiKyGA-msezLpzY7I7522oZBpv7DuS_1fM5JyU2JNByDlCCR9Ekq8aazxE-a_Nyf-ae2zqsTGos7WSz_33VhA-1Nm5QlFrIP8JeOURtzvcjotrD9ySigCkpbqG-vJeEw6Ka9OcM=w1732-h974-no

But I don't have a bootable SDCard yet, so no picture in action yet.

Pretty cool, looks like how the Pandora dit should look back in the days.. ;)

For the newsposts:
Sounds great, so next month is the Case massproduktion
Which color are they going to make??
Do you still plan to offer diverent colors even for the PreePreeorders??
The Black Case ptitseb got looks pretty awesome, so I think I would be also happy whit this one if I didn't get clear..

Any news on the CPU and Mainboard??

Awesome news, glad to see the first units arriving in the wild. We have a pretty awesome community of guys/gals, so I can't wait to see what they get up and running over the coming weeks and months. Thanks again to all who are involved on all sides of making this happen.

And I'll just leave off with this........So, 2 more months then?:p

Chris

Damn you, get some rest!

By the way, I am the only one being worried with the factory closing in August?

I always regretted not climbing aboard the Pandora train when it was leaving the station all those years ago.

But here we all are, in the thick of it, watching the birth of the next great thing. I'm so happy I managed to get on board this time. So excited to see how things develop. My congratulations to everyone behind the scenes, this is a real milestone!

Well it's important to me! XD

I wanna replace my phone with it.

Sounds like, with a little bit of luck, we might have final iterations of the case and keymat mid to late September.

Where are we with regard to mass production of the PCBs? Has the 4 GB ram issue been dealt with already?

Has the 4 GB ram issue been dealt with already?

I think one reason amongst others that prototypes have been sent to AtC and Notaz is that those devs are possibly best placed to work on the 4GB issue, if it really is software based as is suspected at present. I don't know if they were sent 4GB prototypes actually.

Prototype units

As you know, prototype units have been built and I also finally started to ship them to some devs.
notaz, ptitSeb and aTc either have already received one or will receive them within the next two days.
Some more devs will get one, but I haven't decided who yet and which unit.

And I'll also contact the Pyra preorderers. While these units are not yet perfect (case, older keymat, etc.), they are basically working and this might be enough for some of the preorderers, especially if they want to help with bug hunting or even bug fixing. I'll let every preorderer decide whether he wants to wait for the final keymat, etc. I hope to find the time to contact them this week.

Looking forward to hearing from you. To potentially help you shorten the communications back & forth, I'll list out what I would want to know - it may be that the rest of the prototype pre-orders would have similar questions.

*With regards to prototypes you are currently able to provide:
*Are the available processor boards 2GB or 4GB?
+If 4GB, do the 4GB units work properly with RAM configured as 2GB?
*Will they have the 4G module?
+US/EU 4G version as appropriate to the order?
*Will they have the aluminum lid logo surround in place?
*Will they have the internal thermal pad & heat sink?
*Do you have the cases for the prototype purchaser's selected color(s)?
+If those aren't available, can we opt for one of the clear &/or black uncoated cases that we've seen during development?
+Personally I would be thrilled to get a set of clear case plastics and a set of uncoated black case plastics (so I can mix/match) and skip the expensive custom coloring. Is that an option?
*Will these ship with a boot image on the eMMC or should we plan to work from SD cards?
*Since I'm all already pre-paid for high $$ shipping, can I purchase a 2nd battery to ship with it?
*If we take delivery now, potentially without the updated keymat and without special colors, etc, so that we can help bughunt, can updated keymats & the special color cases be sent out to us later?
*If a serious errata is found in the prototype SoC that gets corrected for the production SoC such that the prototype SoC looses compatibility/usability with the production SoC, will we have the option to update that hardware?

You don't need to answer in the forums of course. I posted this publicly in case any of the other prototype pre-orders wanted to add questions to it.

Last edited:
Damn you, get some rest!

By the way, I am the only one being worried with the factory closing in August?

That's typical of most businesses in certain countries in Europe, especially Southern Europe, including Greece and Italy. August is a scheduled vacation month.

Back