Playing with Play-Doh

Wonderful, seems like TwoMonths™ is getting shorter.

If the timeloop of two months had not been cut short, no one would get a Pyra, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.

From the book of the Dragon, chapter 11:13

I dare say for sanity sake to add at least 2 months™ to that estimate.
Why? I mean, it sounds like everything will be arriving around the end of July/beginning of August. I guess it's possible something bad will happen but I'm hoping not.

im rooting for Christmas. i would he happy as heck that day for it. and we could cal ED Santa for the day:p&|a::D
I wish I had a Pyra for every time we missed a Christmas deadline :)

<edit>
Why? I mean, it sounds like everything will be arriving around the end of July/beginning of August. I guess it's possible something bad will happen but I'm hoping not.
Even if everything is delivered by the end of August (as if it ever is the best-case scenario), then units still need to be assembled, tested and shipped. All of that takes time as well.

Besides, we are still having issues with the 4 GB of ram. At this point we are hoping that is a software issue, but hardware problems cannot be ruled out yet. Thus, as far as I know, the design of the PCBs is not even finished yet.
</edit>

Last edited:
I dunno, I'm optimistic about it shipping sometime in August or September.

Yeah, I haven't followed or let myself get to hype for the Pyra, as waiting on the Pandora was torture for so very long. LOL

At this point, I would say most things are about as good and as far along as they are going to get. Of course during mass production, anything may come up, but the Pyra development seems to be the complete opposite of how it was done for the Pandora.

The Pandora, while a miracle creation of sorts, had many, many issues, especially with so many parts being produced on so many corners of the globe(distance and language where HUGE issues). Some issues where only discovered after long term use, while other issues where corrected early on based on the production, and what seemed to need attention at the time.

ED has been in pretty steady contact with all the manufacturers, and he's been testing everything with a fine tooth comb up to this point. So where some issues can or may happen, most should be easily fixable, as most things have been looked over and inspected very well up to this point. For parts to be order at this point, most things will have to be used, as they are being paid for. So as long as the manufacturers keep to their production times, I really don't see why we shouldn't start to see units going to customers in a few months.

I'm still not going to start to get excited, as I've still got to wait past most units being shipped out or sold, as I have a huge credit with Link, and I can't get my unit until he has been selling a decent amount first on his end. So even if production was going at a good clip within 2 months, it will be a time after that for me to get a unit, so I'm still just following this project at a pretty safe distance for now. Otherwise, I'm in for more of my Pandora wait time issues, and who needs those kinds of problems again?

Chris

Back