Playability Of Gta1/2

yeh used to love these games when i was younger
anyone know how well they play on the psx emu?
worth making some room for them?

Afaik, they do not run well. Not even sure that GTA2 runs at all.

So no, I shouldn't think they're worth making room for.

Someone took a video of playing GTA on PSX4GP2x 2 months ago (not the latest version I don't think). It's subjective whether you think it's reasonable or not, but it seems playable - video link: [here]

Hope this helps

You probably heard this to death, but if you're looking for GTA action on the GP2X you may want to take a look at Payback. Granted, it doesn't have such an entertaining story, but the missions are fun, and the sandbox play can't be beat. :)

Alex. said:
You probably heard this to death, but if you're looking for GTA action on the GP2X you may want to take a look at Payback. Granted, it doesn't have such an entertaining story, but the missions are fun, and the sandbox play can't be beat. :)
Does the GP2X Version allow you to create your own levels like the Amiga version did??

Last edited by a moderator:
MisterBrisby said:
Don't forget that there are ports of GTA 1 + 2 for Gameboy Color and GTA Advance for GBA.
But I haven't tested those on the GP2X.
All of them suck.

Miika said:
MisterBrisby said:
Don't forget that there are ports of GTA 1 + 2 for Gameboy Color and GTA Advance for GBA.
All of them suck.

I can vouch for the first GTA on GBC that it doesn't suck. You really have to understand that the GBC is a limited platform, and the team that made GTA for it really squeezed it for all that it was worth. I had a lot of fun playing it, it is truly one of the better GB titles :)

Miika said:
MisterBrisby said:
All of them suck.

yeh i tried em both, and yes they both suck
and didnt like payback much
seen the vid on youtube and it looks ok, gonna image file me gta 1/2 disc and test em out

GTA 1 plays pretty well IMO, however it does suffer from a very nasty frameskip, and this is at 250. It's certainly playable, but not worth the drain on the batteries in my opinion...

Back