A Question On Capabilities

Wonslung

Still Fresh
Hello.

I'm currious about the theoretical capabilities of the system. What would be the best expectations of a game written to take full advantage of what the system has to offer. The reason i ask is because on paper, to someone who isn't a developer or programmer in any sense of the word this thing looks like we could expect some truely amazing things in the next couple years. I'm just thinking about how great the later generation of games were for any video game system i owned when i was younger. Again, i'm asking because i truly don't know.

Whenever i see tech specs on these older systems i'm always amazed at the end results
thanks

Wonslung posted on Dec 12 2006 at 05:02 PM said:
Hello.

I'm currious about the theoretical capabilities of the system. What would be the best expectations of a game written to take full advantage of what the system has to offer. The reason i ask is because on paper, to someone who isn't a developer or programmer in any sense of the word this thing looks like we could expect some truely amazing things in the next couple years. I'm just thinking about how great the later generation of games were for any video game system i owned when i was younger. Again, i'm asking because i truly don't know.

Whenever i see tech specs on these older systems i'm always amazed at the end results
thanks
It really depends on the programmer(s).

Last edited by a moderator:
Take a look at Payback. It's a lot better than the GBA version...

But you're probably not going to get PSP commercial quality stuff on it, simply because the big developers won't be touching it.

I am sure we will soon be seeing a slew of 2d shooters with many levels of parallax and huge sprites.

I know, I'm new, so don't bite my head off, but it seems like you like to egg Epicenter on a lil for a bit of enjoyment, while you may enjoy his ramblings, I personally don't. He may have valid points, he may not, but can't you people let it die already? Although I really think his comments in the GP2X file archives are a bit much at times, his forum posts should mainly be ignored. Why not give it a try.

yodaofborg posted on Dec 12 2006 at 08:47 PM said:
Although I really think his comments in the GP2X file archives are a bit much at times

To be fair, I think the archive comments you're referring to come from Eclipse, not Epicenter.

And PLEASE, Epicenter, don't ruin yet another thread with your rants. Just leave it alone.

gaterooze posted on Dec 12 2006 at 05:06 PM said:
yodaofborg posted on Dec 12 2006 at 08:47 PM said:
Although I really think his comments in the GP2X file archives are a bit much at times

To be fair, I think the archive comments you're referring to come from Eclipse, not Epicenter.

And PLEASE, Epicenter, don't ruin yet another thread with your rants. Just leave it alone.

I don't see any posts he made in this topic, so why even bring up his name?

TelcoLou posted on Dec 12 2006 at 10:21 PM said:
I don't see any posts he made in this topic, so why even bring up his name?

I didn't, mate, yodaofborg did. I just didn't want him to take the bait.

bevetscard.jpg

Back