PGS Windows 10 gaming handheld - GPD WIN competitor

$350,391, lowest I've seen. There is a sense of exitement in being so close to un-stretching that goal. It is though alarming what kind of behaviour you can get up to without being punished more severely.
That being said, there are multiple parties that can take PGS to court as it stands right now. They added a whole slew of rightsholders to that mix today.

Last edited:
That video really upset me. Just amateur hour over there. Glad some people are realizing this is too good to be true. Go good guys!

That video really upset me. Just amateur hour over there. Glad some people are realizing this is too good to be true. Go good guys!

I noticed you went on a bit of a bender there. It seems the troll/hater thing got you seeing red also. :p

Have you noticed that what concerned people have posted, have had an effect sure, but not as much as PGS's own updates. They seem to be shooting themselves in the foot. That 3 days locked away to come up with a fan just sapped peoples confidence as did the demo on the PGS prototype which was just YT gameplay footage by the looks of it

Yeah I have some issues with ethics, especially in advertising and marketing, before my current career I worked in marketing for a creative boutique, and that video was just grossly inaccurate and misleading. In my country there are regulations against deceptive marketing and it is one of my big pet peeves, very slimy and unprofessional if you ask me, and they lost what little goodwill had I left for them. I tried to be civil but I had some drinks tonight with friends and they made me hot headed... maybe the harsh language is more effective?!? I think I will take the credit for them falling bellow 350,000! ;)

Some interesting stuff in their newly posted FAQs. So they say, as they have before, that the next prototype they show will just be a Voyo V3. So why are people still hoping they will show their own PCB before the campaign ends - especially when PGS are seemingly saying they wont

Last edited:
Some interesting stuff in their newly posted FAQs. So they say, as they have before, that the next prototype they show will just be a Voyo V3. So why are people still hoping they will show their own PCB before the campaign ends - especially when PGS are seemingly saying they wont

No surprise on the new "prototype". I imagine since they haven't show anything in two weeks, they are struggling just wiring together everything.

The investor bit is interesting. Unless those investors are their mothers, I can't see any venture capitalist or angel investor coming anywhere near this device. They have no track record, no experience, no prototype, no suppliers, low margins, a rather niche market, atom line ending. All I see is risk, risk, risk, and there just doesn't seem like enough reward for any savvy investor to back them, especially at the agreement they propose. Personally if they actually had a prototype and some hope, I'd likely wait until they were strapped after burning all funding from the kickstarter, when they have burned up their line of credit, out of emergency fund, begging for money before insolvency and buy them right out for pennies on the dollar.

Sadly , none of this is anything new, this is all where it started when they first came out with their idea in late March/early April. Look at the beginning of this thread. The same things we said then - ie way before the KS, are whats being said now. Except of course with the added PGS team concerns.

I especially like the last two items on their so called FAQ. What a bunch of straight bullshit. Just makes me angry right now reading this. I thought it was amusing before, but now they are slandering GPD who actually do have a product, were able to show a prototype and basically did everything right. And the last item is just pure genius. "Show me a prototype" "No because this is not a shop"... wtf?

Well, it is not totally wrong. You pledge a project not to "buy" their reward but to help them to "realize" the would-be product. So, when you pledge, you must be aware that you're like a business angel except for winning a reward if successful or losing money on a bad investment. It is up to you to hint if their project can be a success, a failure or a scam. Nonetheless, I agree with your general feeling about PGS: unrealistic and amateurish so far if not a scam in first place.

I'm predicting that the whole thing will be pulled at the last minute due to negativity from competing companies' fans which caused too many people to retract their pledges, rendering the project non-viable, followed by a "This is why we can't have nice things" moral, couched in flowery language.

Oh no, they won´t innovate here. They will use the usual "we made some mistakes and will re evaluate and come back stronger". :p

So they are working on an "improved prototype version" but they still don't have a prototype... I guess they can just make up their own definition of a word and most people will be fine with that. Even KS, I guess. I haven't been pleased with much of what I have seen KS do in general (although I understand the purpose of it is for them to make money), but I rally feel they are almost as much to blame for people losing their money as PGS will be if this continues. They have their rules and aren't enforcing them, and I am guessing they have received plenty of reports giving them a heads up about this.

I will get caught up on the rest of this now.

The latest update is even better than the previous ones!

They claim to show how the heatsink will keep the video output running smoothly!

See here:

Comment by PGS:
0:00-1:20 - With Copper Heatsink
1:21-3:02 - Without Copper Heatsink

My comment:
You can see the temperature rising while the benchmark runs.
First step-down of the GPU Clock happens at about 60°C (about 00:10). This is with their magic heatsink on.
Temperature keeps rising until it reaches 78°C (about 1:20). Still with their magic heatsink on.
Then the second step-down of the CPU Clock happens and the temperature stays at 78°C. According to them, this is when they removed the heatsink.

So yeah... right.
Even with heatsink on, the GPU would've downclocked just to keep the temperature at 78°C.

What a fake :D

Just more BS in the new FAQ. Using someone else's product isn't a prototype. The "custom PCB prototype" isn't a custom PCB, it is the prototype. More making up their own definitions... I suppose they have a case prototype, although even that seems like a stretch since it doesn't appear to be functional for anything other than be a non functional (not showing any of their cool ideas and features) solid chunk of printed plastic.

They are admitting that they haven't started on an actual prototype (in clear violation of KS policies), and that they won't until after the end of the campaign. Come on, really? I am not an EE, but I am pretty sure they can start the basic layout and design so they can start making decisions and speed things along, ESPECIALLY since they are giving such a short timeline. Is their timeline realistic if it were from one of the big companies with massive funds and many employees? I am pretty sure a big company would try to get started asap. Oh, sorry everyone, don't worry, it turns out they can allow this slow pace. Somehow they know more than people that have actual experience with this sort of stuff.

There is some good news, though. They have enough money promised to them by others that they can essentially sell these things at a loss. No one would ever say such a thing to keep money coming in by means of a lie so they can take the money and run (I am not saying this is their plan, but it seems more likely the more I watch this).

Oh no, they won´t innovate here. They will use the usual "we made some mistakes and will re evaluate and come back stronger". :p
I doubt it. I think it is more likely they will silently vanish, or they will show off how they screwed their backers by taking the money and wasting it on other things. Maybe both.

The latest update is even better than the previous ones!

They claim to show how the heatsink will keep the video output running smoothly!

Comment by PGS:
0:00-1:20 - With Copper Heatsink
1:21-3:02 - Without Copper Heatsink
I haven't watched the video yet, but my question is wouldn't it make more sense to add the heatsink later to show how well it cools it off? As I understand it heat will continue to build up under load, so...

@EvilDragon I understand and respect what you are trying to do by commenting on their stuff, but you might want to hold back a little so you don't get a reputation as "the guy making that Linux thing that is stalking PGS to try to destroy his competition".

Even with heatsink on, the GPU would've downclocked just to keep the temperature at 78°C.
Wow, scary. My 150W GTX560 GFX card heats up to ~75°C max at full load, pretty warm but nothing to worry about, even in a Mini-ITX case. But 78°C into an tiny, passive cooled Handheld device? Thats just insane. :eek:

They have their rules and aren't enforcing them, and I am guessing they have received plenty of reports giving them a heads up about this.
Are you sure? There's been a few members here who have repeatedly asserted the broken rules yet haven't reported them, and even discouraged such process.

Are you sure? There's been a few members here who have repeatedly asserted the broken rules yet haven't reported them, and even discouraged such process.
I know of a handful of people that have reported them. There are many other people watching this thing, so if only a very tiny percentage of them report it that is still possibly hundreds.

I know of a handful of people that have reported them. There are many other people watching this thing, so if only a very tiny percentage of them report it that is still possibly hundreds.
Fair enough then :)

Looking at the graphs
https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/1606226331/portable-console-for-pc-games-pgs/#chart-daily

It's interesting watching the pledges decline, but crazily enough the "summary box" at the top reckons it's trending up to > $700k... It says "Trends are not projections", but either way, the trend is now negative...

Back