Release PCSX ReARMed release thread

Great work, Legend of dragoon is running much faster, seem to be able to get full speed now (be it at 1000mhz). A bug still appears in the game in both r8 and r10 - theres a certain room which when walked into the music will continue to play, while the screen stays black and the controls stop working. Not sure where post bugs, but thanks for h excellent work!

Awesome, thanks a lot :)

Will check with Xenogears which I'm currently playing - and this has some slowdowns even with 1GHz currently :)

I wrote a book report on Xenogears when I was in High school once, Teacher got pretty steamed when she found out it was a video game and not a "real" book. Point is, ED the fact you are doing this and working on getting production in germany... Is totally amazing, Hell I don't even want to touch Xenogears unless i'm single and stuck in a blizzard or something. Way to be man, get in on that game rock on!

Well, I'm replaying it. I finished it 10 years ago on my PSX :)

But it's such a great game, I need to play it again :)

Well, there are times where I'm on the train or simply need an hour off, so that's a good time to play games :)

So, I'm very happy to report that delta force urban warfare is now working beautifully. It's a really nice dual-stick shooter. :)

Thank you notaz, this is really awesome.

I found one single game that will not start: Lemmings 3D.

The game goes through the splash screens at the start, but after it loads the main menu, only the music can be heard, but the screen remains black (happens in both r9 and r10). I guess this is a graphics plugin issue and not an emulation problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, I am absolutely amazed ... and I don't even have a Pandora yet to test it :D

PSX emulation @600 MHz!!

This emulator will enable me to play a lot of my favourite games, most of which I would have never imagined would be possible on the Pandora. So thank you very much notaz, it's developers like you that actually make the Pandora the great device it is!

I wrote a book report on Xenogears when I was in High school once, Teacher got pretty steamed when she found out it was a video game and not a "real" book. Point is, ED the fact you are doing this and working on getting production in germany... Is totally amazing, Hell I don't even want to touch Xenogears unless i'm single and stuck in a blizzard or something. Way to be man, get in on that game rock on!

No way.

It might work, what do you get when you try to run it? It might need root to access input devices, as it uses evdev directly.
I'm not very familiar with linux, I don't know how to run the program. I was able to run "make" but couldn't "make install" (don't know if it's even needed). I tried to use the run dialog for it and it couldnt find the executable, I tried to run pcsx from the file manager and it said it was an executable then nothing happened. So I tried to run from the terminal by entering "pcsx" and it said that pcsx was not a command. I tried "sh pcsx" and that gave an error saying line one had an unmatched "(" so I'm guessing I'm missing something. After work I will try to add the path and try the run dialog again in case that gets it running.

Bug report :

Strider 2 menu is clipping (wasn't before this release).

Game works fine.

Hey guys, in Resident Evil 2 when you enter the shop right at the beggining, the sound voice drops out, and the game seems to loop, and not move forward. I think this was mentioned in the other forums awhile ago, so is there a paticular option to choose to fix this? or is it an ongoing problem?

Thanks,

Chris

I'm not very familiar with linux, I don't know how to run the program.
From the same same terminal and directory you typed 'make' in, type "./pcsx" (without quotes) and see what it prints out. If it complains about missing inpur devices, try "sudo ./pcsx".

Hey guys, in Resident Evil 2 when you enter the shop right at the beggining, the sound voice drops out, and the game seems to loop, and not move forward. I think this was mentioned in the other forums awhile ago, so is there a paticular option to choose to fix this? or is it an ongoing problem?
Using the real BIOS? PAL/NTSC/language?

This has been reported before several times but I was never able to reproduce it.

To my knowledge it is the real bios(scph1001.bin) 512kb in size. The game is NTSC disc 2(Claire's Game). It used to work in earlier versions, as I got past that scene in the past. I think around r7 or r8 was when it started acting funny.

Chris

EDIT:I'm also using default settings.

wow, I am absolutely amazed ... and I don't even have a Pandora yet to test it :D

PSX emulation @600 MHz!!

This emulator will enable me to play a lot of my favourite games, most of which I would have never imagined would be possible on the Pandora. So thank you very much notaz, it's developers like you that actually make the Pandora the great device it is!
600mhz the psp could do it at 333mhz so this is 3 years on not such a big leap

PSX emulation @600 MHz!!

600mhz the psp could do it at 333mhz so this is 3 years on not such a big leap

The PSP is using a MIPS proccessor so it is much less difficult to emulate the PSX with the PSP. Clock rate is not the only factor here. The PSP is using a R4000 MIPS core, while the PSX used a R3000A Mips core.

Also I believe the PSP is using its graphics chip to help out with graphics emulation.

That is assuming both systems is running the game at full speed, 60 fps. Which may not be true, for both systems.

Yeah, the PSP was built from the ground up with the intention to run PS1 games. I would find it very strange if that handheld couldn't run PS1 games well. I have a CFW PSP, and I still use my Pandora more than that unit for PS1 games.

I also find every other emu to work better on the Pandora than the PSP(N64, Sega CD, SNES, ect.). I only use that system for PSP games, and nothing more.

Chris

In Tobal No.1 I'm getting:

- heavy screen-flickering when using autoframeskip(builtin_gpu)

- No picture(but sound) when using FS1(builtin_gpu)

- a crash using the builtin_gpu whilst loading using the peops/pcsx4all plugin.

But: It plays much nicer at 800MHz than before, thanks B)

Back