Pcsx Rearmed R11

One of the Spiderman game starts with him climbing up the side of a building and then (ideally) going up and over the roof. It's a game-engine rendered animation, and you can skip it by pressing a button, but if you don't press anything and let him do his climbing, you hit the bug and fall backwards off the building instead of going up and over onto the roof.

It's a very visible problem, can be reproduced anywhere, and right from the start of the game. He can't get from a wall onto a roof surface.

mrkingoo said:
Tried Spiderman and have the same problem. Default settings, NTSC .img

Last edited by a moderator:
Could it be an anti-piracy "feature"? A lot of games have code in them which somehow detects when not running on genuine hardware and can behave differently as a result.

Dunno, but the problem didn't exist in the previous version of Rearmed.

WizardStan said:
Could it be an anti-piracy "feature"? A lot of games have code in them which somehow detects when not running on genuine hardware and can behave differently as a result.

notaz said:
tangomar said:
Noob here. I have a question on cbin format: does it preserve the audio track? I converted Rayman to cbin but I don't hear any music, while instead using cue/bin music is still there.
thanks.
You musk keep the .cue file and name it correctly (gamename.cue/gamename.bin or edit gamename.cue to point to .cbn).

sayocsid said:
great emulater this,is there going to be another update to sort out the glitches that werent there in the first release.have tried changing frameskip and other settings but still no joy.
What glitches do you have in mind?

I tried renaming "XXX.bin" to "XXX.cbn" in the cue file but it says "failed to load CD image"... Ideas?

Wing Commander III works like a charm with fullspeed at 533MHz and it still looks impressive on the tiny screen.
Panzer General works fine, too. Civilization II has some graphic glitches, but is still playable.
Damned, I just downloaded the latest Humble Bundle a few days ago and now I have these gems on my Caanoo. Where can I steal some time?

Akabei said:
Civilization II has some graphic glitches, but is still playable.

You mean the map disappearing glitch? Turning off frameskip fixes that

Hi guys,

I just had my Caanoo for 2 days now & absolutely love it! :D I was looking for a replacement since my Wiz gave up on me about a month ago.

Anyway, i wanted to point out a very interesting psx port that i wasn't aware of untill a few months ago.

hidden-palace

Here you can get a full working version of Baldur's Gate for psx.

Since it's a previously un-released version i don't see any copyright violations when you download this.

BAFelton has already confirmed that it works on PcsxRearmed for Caanoo. ( & also on Wiz )

Yes, it's glitchy and in-game text is a bit hard to read, but it's Baldur's Gate nonetheless.
( Might help pass the time while waiting for GemRB ;) )

Back