PCSX ReARMed on Pandaboard

Scaling is not implemented - PSX does almost variable resolution, so I'm not sure how to best scale that up in generic way. You might want to try my sdl_omap project which can scale SDL games up using OMAP hardware, but it's not really tested on anything but pandora:

http://notaz.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=sdl_omap.git;a=summary

See README.OMAP in that repository.

About BIOS, it currently has to go to ./bios/ of working directory.

bios - yes, its obvious when you mention it but I was thrown off the trail by the paths in the included README being totally wrong and then the path in readme.txt being Pandora only. Something to remember when you next update the docs.

Your OMAP SDL project sounds very interesting and I will be testing it out on my Panda soon but I really need SDL to support window mode too so I can't fully switch to your version yet. If its based on SDL 1.2 can I safely have it installed alongside the regular Ubuntu SDL?

You don't have to install it, you can just place libSDL-1.2.so.0 somewhere and ask the system to use it when running pcsx by setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH=...

I've just tried configuring sdl_omap but:

Code:
checking for ARM NEON support... no

which sounds like a showstopper to me! config.log sez:

Code:
configure:19749: checking for ARM NEON support

configure:19768: gcc -c -g -O2 -I./include -D_GNU_SOURCE=1  -DXTHREADS  -I./include -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 conftest.c >&5

conftest.c: In function 'main':

conftest.c:124:7: error: #error NEON not available

configure:19768: $? = 1

configure: failed program was:

| /* confdefs.h */

Like I told you before, your compiler defaults to armv6 and no NEON. Thy this:

Code:
CFLAGS='-mcpu=cortex-a9 -mcpu=cortex-a9 -mfpu=neon' ./configure

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Notaz!

Yes, sorry, it was late and I wasn't thinking and you're right - that command did get sdl_omap to configure and compile with NEON support enabled although I had a go with pcsx and it didn't work and I'm unable to try again or give you the exact errors and my Panda has become unusable and I'm not going to bother using it again until TI release some new and hopefully more stable xorg drivers + kernel etc.

I should note that I have been told by the main TI OMAP xorg dev that there is no (accelerated or not) KMS under 12.04 on the Pandaboard - does that make a difference to using sdl_omap to get hardware fullscreen scaling?

EDIT

Ohh look! I'm an advanced member now! Promotion! The Big Time! Back of the net etc! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back