Pc-engine Already Ported To Gp2x

The PC engine was a console in japan and USA

In europe too, it was distributed by sodipeng in France.

Yes it will be great to have a pc engine emu for gpx2 as it's my favorite system too. :)

But what it's poor is we never had a pcengine emu with savestates on GP32 :(

it's only thing that was missing on GPengine!! <_<

Bye

Herc. :ph34r:

Ps:configuring autofire would be great too!!!

yeah, porting to linux target machines is a cakewalk .. new port every other day? :)

Damnit, wheres the hardware? :)

jeff

skeezix posted on Sep 30 2005 at 03:04 PM said:
Damnit, wheres the hardware? :)

jeff

Yeah, HURRY UP Gamepark holdings !!!

Now that Lik-Sang is selling the GP2X I think this will be HUGE :)

(well for an underground handheld that is, it will be peanuts compared to Sony and Nintendo)

Last edited by a moderator:
nice one!! i didnt even know, just read the news page finally ;)
thaaanks squidge!!!

Save states would mean finally finishing R-Type!!!

@Reallynotthick, you should love the PCengine. It was a superb system.

google said:
100% Pure Emu Oil
True wholesale prices to the public with 8 sizes available online Pure Australian Emu Oil
Emu Oil products for scalp, hair, skin, muscles & joints. Buy online
:S

My land lord has a Emu oil farm down south... It's good for dry skin apparently.

So like right now I'm wondering how long it's going to take Squidge to clean up the code on all the things he ported or is he hoping other people will take the reigns to finish them?

At the moment, they are compiled as Linux ELF's, but talk directly to the hardware - no SDL or other graphic libraries are used. However, I'm working on a bootloader that will replace Linux, and run them directly.

Also, Quake and UAE will probably get my attention (and therefore get finished) before the PCE emu.

Is it because you believe UAE and Quake will be easier to complete their modifications or are they just your personal favorite projects out of what you started so far?

Quake and UAE are the ones I'd like to see up and running full speed, if possible. So, I suppose you could say they are my personal favorite projects at the moment. I did think of porting Frodo and BOR as well, but I think I'll be concentrating on UAE/Quake for a while, as they have captured my interest. Better to have a single working emu out there, rather than 10 half-working ones :)

Squidge posted on Oct 3 2005 at 03:48 AM said:
Better to have a single working emu out there, rather than 10 half-working ones :)

I agree. Also, I never passed Quake, not that it has a compelling story, but it's still an unfinished game for me.

Thanx for the work Squidge,
Stan

Squidge posted on Oct 3 2005 at 10:48 AM said:
Quake and UAE are the ones I'd like to see up and running full speed, if possible. So, I suppose you could say they are my personal favorite projects at the moment. I did think of porting Frodo and BOR as well, but I think I'll be concentrating on UAE/Quake for a while, as they have captured my interest. Better to have a single working emu out there, rather than 10 half-working ones :)
@Squidge

i see that there is already a linux x68000 emu. In your opinion, would it take much to compile this to run on the gp2x?

the great thing with the system is that it can pull off arcade perfect cps2 conversions and then expand them further with great midi soundtracks.
Basically anything capcom or konami is fantastic on this system - dracula x is phenomenal!

Back