Verge Rpg Creation Engine

jbrodack

gp2x fan
Website
jbrodack.googlepages.com
people have asked about rpg creation engines and such and it seems that the verge rpg creation engine has been ported to gp2x. if you go to the downloads section on verge-rpg.com you will find a download for the port. i think it includes an example demo.

i found this while at class and was unsure about posting in the news forum cause of the special rules for starting a topic in that forum. verge doesn't look like the easiest rpg creation tools but it should give those that are already skilled in coding a good and easier way to get an rpg project going.

Goity posted on Apr 13 2006 at 08:22 PM said:
Cool as fook, but wrong forum ;).

So how well does this work anyone know?

the game included runs very quickly. fps counter said 50, i'm not sure i trust it but it was at least 50. unfortunately there are some control issues which render it unplayable for the moment. i tried to install a different game over it (not sure how this engine works and i had figured it was like fenix) and it still loaded the same game. ah well.

this is extremely exciting though. some of the games written for that engine look amazing. i hope it's possible to either start playing these games as-is or to port them over. (they don't seem to be just rpgs. check this site: http://zara.verge-rpg.com/games.htm)

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, great new indeed for all gp2x users !

i checked the faq section but i didn't find out if games created with VERGE are system independants (i mean if they can run on windows and gp2x or if different versions are required)

Very cool news indeed - especially since there's now a battle system engine :D.

(Last time I tried it, it just did the flash a "screen white and lower health" battle simulation thing).

YEEESSS!!!

Too bad there is no sourcecode availe for the rpg maker 2000 (or 2003), but this is still some verrryyy greeaaat news :D

damn this made my day!!

Wolfsclaw posted on Apr 14 2006 at 04:19 PM said:
YEEESSS!!!

Too bad there is no sourcecode availe for the rpg maker 2000 (or 2003), but this is still some verrryyy greeaaat news :D

damn this made my day!!
Maybe a really skilled programmer could write an interpreter for rpgmaker2003 :ph34r:

It's a nice dream though, there are enough RPG Maker games I would love to plough through on my GP2X! Good to see this Verge come through ported on the 2X but the games I tried were pretty glitchy. :/ I dunno whether that's to do with the games, the engine, or the port.

Oh and lovely fps I have to say. :]

www.vampiresdawn.de
besides ff6 & chrono trigger (imo!) the best 2d RPG ever... ! It's a shame that there is no source for rm2k... damn!

EvilDragon posted on Apr 15 2006 at 03:42 PM said:
Is it me or is the verge-rpg-server down for the last two days?
Its probably been hammered by us Gp2x users lol.

Ahh kick A** news guys, now if I only had a clue bout programmin, unless it's like rpgmaker then I should be fine

Wolfsclaw posted on Apr 14 2006 at 11:19 AM said:
YEEESSS!!!

damn this made my day!!

that'd be awesome :lol:

This is great news!
dennis20014: It looks like a rpg maker type program but with C-like scripting. It looks a lot more advanced than rpg maker. I haven't lookd into it much yet but I hope to see some cool games from this. I only wish I had the time to play around with it.

Back