Payback Playable Demo Released

so what kind of category, is it in?

what region was it released in?

whos the developer?

whos the publisher?

and what is the release date? today?

can't wait to try it out.

Realy good game, some mistake on french texte but nothing that french user can exceed.
I have some trouble with my GP2x MK1 when i stop tu accelerate the car and the car stop to move, if i accelerate using Joystick UP/left, the car do an strange braking to the back like if i use the handbreak when i go back with the car.

Very impressive. Shows what the GP2X is capable of - it can be a serious games machine.

Still took professional games developers 11 months to port, so may be some people will think before asking why the scene is so quite and why amateur developers aren't churning out several games a week.

Very impressive game! but the camera gives me a headache, and subtitles are not fast enough
that's all I had to say, still a good game ;) I will consider about buying!

If you pull somebody out of a car right next to a building, they actually end up on the roof!

very nice.. i will probably buy it eventually..

anyone else got in the cool football stadium? :D

It's a bit hard to see the entrances on the buildings you're supposed to drive into. I ran out of time on some missions cos I was just banging into the walls trying to find the entrance.

Well, I must admit I was pretty sceptical when I saw the video, but this is a polished product indeed :D I particularly like the Mockney UK slant on the whole thing, I would have preferred different music, but hey, well done guys!

Really nice game. I think I'll buy it.

I noticed various issues that made the game less enjoyable.
Many of them have been already pointed out:
1. When I go backwards the car responds badly to the brake, making strange slides.
2. It's really hard to see the fences, maybe they could be a little larger
3. It's hard to see the entrance of garages.
4. The player has really long legs (not really an issue) :)
5. I find it confusing having to drive to the left. I would prefer driving to the right side, but I can live with it.
6. I the controls will not be configurable, I would at least add an option to disable pressing the up-direction to accelerate, even on foot (like on gta)
7. Even with 5 stars I never got chased by the police, they just passed me by, ignoring the fact that I killed people :). I only played it for 5 minutes though.
8. Subtitles are too slow

Only point 1, 2 and 3 are really bad IMHO (I need to test more point 7), but it's really nice so far.

I got chased by the police eventually, but they only really try and crash into you. Only if you stop will they get out of their car and arrest you (even then, they are slow enough that you can just walk around them and drive off in their car...). They also seems to set up roadblocks if you get loads of stars, but these only take up half the road.

while playing the game i kept getting the feeling - been there \ done that, not for me i'm afraid . $30 for a gta clone of a game nearly ten years old......yawn :angry:

I played the hell out of it during one of my trademark insomnias. Great game really, it feels very full featured and very polished. It did get some getting used to, mainly with the camera and a little with the controls, but after that it plays really smoothly. I think there's no need to praise the graphics, they look amazingly professional, everything from the menu to the buildings to the car models. I'm also glad that rap isn't a majority in the music pool, and that at least the one rap you kept is decent (no more of that 'give a shout for all the fine-ass hoes').

When there'll be a download version, will it become tied to one GP2X or one SD card? I think it should work with an activation key, just like PC games, so you could be able to run it anywhere from everywhere, provided you have the proper key for it.

- Alex

Wow, methinks I'll have to buy another GP2X here in a month or so. Luckily with my new job, my paychecks are big enough for me to take care of my expenses plus some at the moment (though it helps that, as a highschool student, my expenses are minimal).

Back