Payback Playable Demo Released

TelcoLou posted on Oct 20 2006 at 09:54 PM said:
I'm thankful for the 'no music' option.

music is the whole mood of a game like this! Surely you dont like it completely silent while you jack a car or run over an innocent pedestrian????

Last edited by a moderator:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 20 2006 at 10:14 PM said:

music is the whole mood of a game like this! Surely you dont like it completely silent while you jack a car or run over an innocent pedestrian????

:lol:

For this reason alone, I love the PSP version of GTA: LCS ... custom soundtracks rock. I loathe modern rap.

TelcoLou posted on Oct 20 2006 at 10:23 PM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 20 2006 at 10:14 PM said:

:lol:

For this reason alone, I love the PSP version of GTA: LCS ... custom soundtracks rock. I loathe modern rap.
lol LCS had a lot of older rap as well. Shook ones part 2?!?

but ya still noone knows the answer to my question?

yeah I really like that rap song too. it shows up as "why live". It was in the first rolling demo too but the 2nd one had some cheesy pop punk stuff. I would like to hear some metal in this too, but I think on the payback page it said you could put your own music in.

if the music is too loud while people are talking maybe change to "radio" mode so you only get music while driving.

showing the song title can kind of get in the way. it should be less obtrusive and is there any way to change songs in this or the full version?

really cool demo definitely going to want the full version as long as a download option is there. I have a 4gb card so space isn't that much of an issue especially if its a quality game like this.

I noticed that it defaults overclocked to 240 MHz ;) That is cheating.

It still runs ok at 200 though. While not a fan of GTA clones, it does look cool and seems well done.

TelcoLou posted on Oct 21 2006 at 12:23 PM said:

Confirmed, from the website

+ Varied soundtrack - 20+ songs, including 7 new tracks added for the GP2X version. Also new to the GP2X version is a converter which allows you to add tracks from your own library to the game.

doc5avage posted on Oct 20 2006 at 11:06 PM said:
TelcoLou posted on Oct 21 2006 at 12:23 PM said:

Confirmed, from the website

+ Varied soundtrack - 20+ songs, including 7 new tracks added for the GP2X version. Also new to the GP2X version is a converter which allows you to add tracks from your own library to the game.

:eek:

Must. Buy. GAME! B)

Craig,

How much is the Download version going to be?
Also, any screenshots of the box, manual for us?

from gp2x.co.uk

"+ Fully 3d environment, with spectacular particle effects and totally destructive vehicles. Based on the highly optimised GBA core, the 3d engine has been radically reworked and optimised for the GP2X"

Maybe i read too much into it but could it be possible to make a better GBA emulator out of it if the scource code was available.

oh and cant wait for the game :D

clarky2o2o posted on Oct 21 2006 at 04:57 AM said:
from gp2x.co.uk

"+ Fully 3d environment, with spectacular particle effects and totally destructive vehicles. Based on the highly optimised GBA core, the 3d engine has been radically reworked and optimised for the GP2X"

Maybe i read too much into it but could it be possible to make a better GBA emulator out of it if the scource code was available.

oh and cant wait for the game :D

No it is not emulating a GBA it is a much enhanced PORT. Just like an Xbox game that looks better than the PS2 version is not useful with emulating a PS2 on an Xbox.

Oh i can't buy game =( I live in Russian One chanse to have it buy download version =( I want box! T_T

It seems quite nice! I felt the wanted stars needed to be a smidgen bigger.
But it does look shiney and the explosions are impressive. It's nice stuff.
I'll be buying when I have the dosh to spare. :)

Back