Payback Playable Demo Released

14. Yeah, I know, laugh all you want. My parents don't care what movies I watch or whatever, or comics I get, they just dont let me play excruciatingly violent games. They say it will desensitize me. I saw Hostel, I don't think videogames can desensitize someone more than that. If desenzitising actually happened.

So that means you agree with radical consertaive anti videogame batshit nutcases?

I take out my anger with games. (kinda) I would be even worse if I could kill people. Either way, that kind of stuff is stupid. Video games don't kill people, people kill people, to quote a penny arcade or Jinx shirt or something.

PoisonedV posted on Oct 26 2006 at 07:21 PM said:
I take out my anger with games. (kinda) I would be even worse if I could kill people. Either way, that kind of stuff is stupid. Video games don't kill people, people kill people, to quote a penny arcade or Jinx shirt or something.
Well video games just let people let stress out. The only person who I have ever seen get stressed by one that isn't stressful is my brother. Chess is more likely to drive you t okill people than Halo for example.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, yes! I got it! I'll create a fake Payback page that has the same layout as Craigs site, so it looks like a clone, but it will have doctored screenshots and the such. It will have the same Orderform though, so when you order it just links you to Craigs site order page. And since the Payback page isn't linked from the site... >:}

PoisonedV posted on Oct 26 2006 at 07:17 PM said:
So that means you agree with radical consertaive anti videogame batshit nutcases?

The only thing I agree on is that 18-rated stuff should be kept out of the hands of the under 18s. Maybe if parents weren't so foolish we probably wouldn't have to put up with a certain lawyer's insane ramblings...

PoisonedV posted on Oct 26 2006 at 01:49 PM said:
Hopefully my parents will let me buy it. (I mean, you cant really go on the page without seeing all the blood and guts... I wish there was some way :{ )
If your parents are worth anything, they won't. Violent video games are prohibited to minors for good reason.

PoisonedV posted on Oct 26 2006 at 02:05 PM said:
14. Yeah, I know, laugh all you want. My parents don't care what movies I watch or whatever, or comics I get, they just dont let me play excruciatingly violent games. They say it will desensitize me. I saw Hostel, I don't think videogames can desensitize someone more than that. If desenzitising actually happened.
Right.

PoisonedV posted on Oct 26 2006 at 02:17 PM said:
I agree with the fact that kids under 17 years of age should not watch violent movies or play violent video games. It's the parents' responsibility, not the companies' who produce said movies and games.

PoisonedV posted on Oct 26 2006 at 03:28 PM said:
Wait, yes! I got it! I'll create a fake Payback page that has the same layout as Craigs site, so it looks like a clone, but it will have doctored screenshots and the such. It will have the same Orderform though, so when you order it just links you to Craigs site order page. And since the Payback page isn't linked from the site... >:}
You're quite the little savant. Alternatively you could put your leet HTML skills on the side and adblock the background. After all, if your parents won't do their job and check what you buy with their credit card, it's their own bloody fault.

- Alex

Na, I'm modifying all the screenshots, and the game information to make it seem like a normal driving game. It talks about going on bloody rampages. But, of course, it doesn't have a rating. heres the thing, my parents can see my playing GTA on the PC, killing people (I didn't like GTA:SA much, or any of the 3D ones) gruesomely, but they dont care. But, if they saw that the game was M, they would flip out. They don't really care wether I play it or not, just if its "politically correct" I guess.

TelcoLou posted on Oct 26 2006 at 03:32 PM said:
Your parents are idiots.

</PSA>

What the hell does PSA mean?

PoisonedV posted on Oct 26 2006 at 04:42 PM said:
TelcoLou posted on Oct 26 2006 at 03:32 PM said:
Your parents are idiots.

</PSA>

What the hell does PSA mean?

Public Service announcement <_<

the people here who say people under 18 shouldnt get M games/under 17 not see r rated movies are retards. I played GTA 3 when I was 12. But wait! I havent killed anyone yet! Amazing!! As someone else said, it's not the games that kill people, it's people who kill people. You need to be mentally Ill in the first place to take GTA as a guide of how to live life ;)

My mother, who took me to see There's something about Mary when I was like 11, knows I'm intelligent enough to get adult humor and that I am normal. She did give me a hard time about buying the first Eminem CD though <_<

I've been seeing R rated movies since I was 10 or 11. Parents just need to be in touch with their child, and not be removed from his/her life outside of the house. That's the key, being an intuitive parent in the first place.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 26 2006 at 06:00 PM said:
Parents just need to be in touch with their child, and not be removed from his/her life outside of the house. That's the key, being an intuitive parent in the first place.

That there folks, is golden.

My parents let me watch Rambo First Blood when I was a kid. Hey guess where I learned all my swear words. That was a great decision and a great movie!

Back