Payback Playable Demo Released

Shikaku posted on Oct 26 2006 at 06:06 PM said:
PoisonedV posted on Oct 26 2006 at 02:05 PM said:
desensitize

LOL WORST CONCEPT EVER. It just makes shit worse when you have to deal with the real thing.

Desensitization is a psychological concept or development that happens to humans after viewing or experiencing something that typical should ring a chord within us as disgusting or wrong or what have you. It is believe thats its main function is a defense mechanism or an enabler that allows us to do things that otherwise we would not be able to bring ourselves to do.

It has recently been discussed that violent games cause people to be desensitized to violence and much more likely to commit violent actions. This is of course an abuse of the term as this is not the case. These people are not becoming numb to these acts for they have not actually experienced them. Instead people who affected by violent games are typical more or less brainwashed or have an altered view on reality that how someone kills on a game is how it is in real life. Typically once these type of people commit the first violent crime for whatever reason they don't do it again if they get away, for they are rapidly and (pardon the pun) violently snapped but into reality.

Last edited by a moderator:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 26 2006 at 11:00 PM said:
the people here who say people under 18 shouldnt get M games/under 17 not see r rated movies are retards. I played GTA 3 when I was 12. But wait! I havent killed anyone yet! Amazing!!

Yay! I'm a retard! :lol:

Seriously. People are stupid. Stupid to the point where a cop in america will be smart enough to remove the clip from a gun before passing it around the kids at a school, but completely failed to check the chamber. (BANG! Kiddy gets hurt.) Stupid to the point where they'll let their children listen to or play 50 Cent (imho anyone who listens to that shat is really stupid) and then wonder why their little shit is calling people the N word. Stupid to the point where some idiot rifle-owner will make a poor job of hiding his precious gun, then allow videogames to be blamed when the evil little tosser finds said rifle and accidentally kills his teacher, who was unwittingly passing through the line of fire on the way to the shops.

So... if parents actually took notice of the BBFC/PEGI/ESRB/CERO/whatever, the world might be a slightly better place.

</rant>

he people here who say people under 18 shouldn't get M games/under 17 not see r rated movies are retards.

agreed, i've been playing doom since i was 6 and i'm perfectly fine (goes off to torture chamber to kill little kittens)

Maybe if a certain president had used video games to quench his thirst he wouldn't be trying to use the planet as his own personal GTA map.

Unlikely, but it's funny how violence is acceptable when it's convenient yet frowned upon at other times.

Here's a 3-minute replay showing how to get the tank, nice and fast. It features me bullying an icecream truck and a bus. Put it in PaybackDemo/Data/Replays and launch from Extras>Replays. Download

- Alex

EvilDragon posted on Oct 21 2006 at 02:01 AM said:
It's taken almost 11 months but finally the full game and demo are here

Since this was posted over a week ago, has anybody actually received the full game yet?

It'd be better if the Dpad up/down only controlled walking and x only acceleration and stuff, and I know it isn't really possible (if at all) so close to launch but it would look really good from an angle closer to that of GTAs

sam fisher posted on Oct 29 2006 at 04:53 PM said:
It's not released yet!

So 'finally the full game and demo are here' actually only means 'finally the demo is here'? So when is it actually released?

Well, afaik its ready but the big retailers are currently in korea to talk to gph, you can probably buy it right after they are back.
Or i at least hope so.

that awful why live son g is doing my head in. All I keep hearing is "shackles of life, shackles of life, myeh myeh myeh"

Goity posted on Oct 29 2006 at 12:17 PM said:
It'd be better if the Dpad up/down only controlled walking and x only acceleration and stuff, and I know it isn't really possible (if at all) so close to launch but it would look really good from an angle closer to that of GTAs

Its configurable.

i found one bug in the demo. if you launche payback and after this you launch Tilematch there's no sound in Tilematch but if you launch Picodrive and after Tilematch the sound is here. The problem is like in the new DrMd, there seem like an program is don't ended correctly.

Shikaku posted on Oct 29 2006 at 07:48 PM said:
Goity posted on Oct 29 2006 at 12:17 PM said:

Its configurable.
Yes, but they're just two keys mapped to the same thing really. Either way, both buttons do the same thing. pressing x and walking forward is just wrong, and so is pressing up and going forwards in a car.

Lupin posted on Oct 28 2006 at 01:07 AM said:
Shikaku posted on Oct 26 2006 at 06:06 PM said:
PoisonedV posted on Oct 26 2006 at 02:05 PM said:
desensitize

LOL WORST CONCEPT EVER. It just makes shit worse when you have to deal with the real thing.

Desensitization is a psychological concept or development that happens to humans after viewing or experiencing something that typical should ring a chord within us as disgusting or wrong or what have you. It is believe thats its main function is a defense mechanism or an enabler that allows us to do things that otherwise we would not be able to bring ourselves to do.

It has recently been discussed that violent games cause people to be desensitized to violence and much more likely to commit violent actions. This is of course an abuse of the term as this is not the case. These people are not becoming numb to these acts for they have not actually experienced them. Instead people who affected by violent games are typical more or less brainwashed or have an altered view on reality that how someone kills on a game is how it is in real life. Typically once these type of people commit the first violent crime for whatever reason they don't do it again if they get away, for they are rapidly and (pardon the pun) violently snapped but into reality.

Note that desensitisation can also be towards a positive experience. That's one of the reasons why life gets a little less exciting as you grow older. It's very typical and should be considered as natural to adjusting to an environment.

The debate regarding desensitisation to violent games considers whether this desensitisation to violent interactive media desensitises you to real violence, so that you are more likely to commit an illegal violent act.

My thought is yes. A few walking time-bombs will be set off by this kind of stimuli. Rather then banning it, it should be heavily classified and restricted from youths. There should be more parental awareness. A guide to media classifications should come with the how-to manual distributed with every new born baby (you do get one right? ;) ). I know there are a lot of crazy irresponsible parents out there. Mine wouldn’t let me watch MA movies until I was 15, but let me do whatever I wanted on the PC.

Alex. posted on Oct 27 2006 at 05:43 PM said:
Here's a 3-minute replay showing how to get the tank, nice and fast. It features me bullying an icecream truck and a bus. Put it in PaybackDemo/Data/Replays and launch from Extras>Replays. Download

- Alex

i love that damn tank! (got a wicked high score with it) hmm mmabey i should make a vid of how to find the flame thrower in the demo?

icurafu posted on Oct 30 2006 at 12:52 AM said:
My thought is yes. A few walking time-bombs will be set off by this kind of stimuli. Rather then banning it, it should be heavily classified and restricted from youths. There should be more parental awareness. A guide to media classifications should come with the how-to manual distributed with every new born baby (you do get one right? ;) ). I know there are a lot of crazy irresponsible parents out there. Mine wouldn’t let me watch MA movies until I was 15, but let me do whatever I wanted on the PC.

Now THAT, I absolutely, positively agree on! <_<

Back