PanMAME Betatesting

Thanks to both of you.

The touchscreen should select the rom you touch. That works with notaz lib, but doesn't with the one we compiled for whatever reason. The touchscreen is a joystickdevice afaik, but you could try to disable the mouse in the rc files and see, if that disables it.

To disable the touch screen in advmenu.rc on line 11 set device_joystick auto to device_joystick none

Thanks!

Thanks to both of you.

The touchscreen should select the rom you touch. That works with notaz lib, but doesn't with the one we compiled for whatever reason. The touchscreen is a joystickdevice afaik, but you could try to disable the mouse in the rc files and see, if that disables it.

To disable the touch screen in advmenu.rc on line 11 set device_joystick auto to device_joystick none

Thanks!

Yes, but that will disable all joystick input :(

Strange !! while playing robotron for about 5-10 minutes it made a loud pop then quit back to the panmame list thats happened numerous times now could this be a performance issue? as it doesnt happen if i overvolt and put speed over 900mhz.

I don't know why this is. Did it happen with the .7 version, too?

Thanks to both of you.

Thanks!

Strange !! while playing robotron for about 5-10 minutes it made a loud pop then quit back to the panmame list thats happened numerous times now could this be a performance issue? as it doesnt happen if i overvolt and put speed over 900mhz.

I don't know why this is. Did it happen with the .7 version, too?
Yeah tried an earlier and the latest version it only happens on opp3

Thanks to both of you.

Thanks!

. . .

It appears the touchscreen is both a mouse and joystick device to the menu.

There are two things in advmenu.rc that are need to disabled touchscreen in the menu:

device_joystick none

device_mouse none

Yes, this would mean that the joystick nubs will not work in the menu, but the dpad, buttons, and keyboard still work.

device_keyboard auto should already be set for this.

With these changes the dpad and joystick nubs still work in MAME.

Thanks, but strange, that it worked with the notaz latest compile...

Can anyone reproduce cazmiesters problem, I can't :(

mcobit,

The touch screen is not a big deal to me anyway. I only noticed when I accidentally pressed it and things went crazy. I was just pointing it out in case anyone wanted to disable it.

cazmiester,

Will robotron quit if you just leave it alone for 5-10 minutes? I don't know if I can last 5-10 minutes actually playing robotron. :) I love the game but it is near the top of my hard to play games list. In other words can we get some more information. Does it happen at a certain point? during a certain event? I am trying to find something that could be used to re-create the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
mcobit,

The touch screen is not a big deal to me anyway. I only noticed when I accidentally pressed it and things went crazy. I was just pointing it out in case anyone wanted to disable it.

cazmiester,

Will robotron quit if you just leave it alone for 5-10 minutes? I don't know if I can last 5-10 minutes actually playing robotron. :) I love the game but it is near the top of my hard to play games list. In other words can we get some more information. Does it happen at a certain point? during a certain event? I am trying to find something that could be used to re-create the problem.
tried leaving it running for 10 mins nothing happened it only ever happened during gameplay and only with robotron it seams verrry random as have played for 30 40 minutes without problem and then started a new game and bam it happens its not a big deal just thought someone else might have experienced it brill work oh ps tried the version of macmame and raiden fighters viper phase 1 worked with perfect sound so dont think linux version has problems maybe it is the pandora hardware.

Any idea of when TV out will work for this release? So far this is my favorite version of MAME as it keeps getting better and better.

TV out should already work. You will have to select the overlay option.

Edit: Will test that this evening.

I just played some games with TV out and an external gamepad.

Really fun!

Next test is multiplayer with two external gamepads, when I get to the computerstore again.

I installed the latest version, and didn't removed the .advance as said it wasn't needed.

I only saw the PanMame logo.

So i removed the .advance. and it worked.

I ran a game, went in the menu to see video settings. I quit to overclock (i forgot).

Then back in PM, i lost keyb bindings. In game, credits add are now "6", i can only use "2" for play.

Setting key controls in the mame menu changes nothing.

I tried to remove all panmame folder, but it changes nothing too.

L as alt doesn't work anymore in Xfce, but it may not be linked.

I'm currently resetting my OP, battery out.

Hi, I think I forgot to say it, I mapped coin1 to ctrl(select) and start1 to alt(start) in latest version. sorry!

Edit: remapping should work though.

No. I used the "remap for all games" menu.

You know, you should leave the default mame settings (5 for credits, 1 for P1 etc)... And add yours as bonus.

---EDIT.

My bad :/ i mapped P1 buttons while i used P2. Sorry.

But i detected a bug (verified twice).

So i launched PM, created folders.

Not copied roms.

Launched PM, so i had just the splash screen.

Then copied roms.

Now PM doesn't work.

Here's the log :

=======================================================================================
PND : /media/SD32/pandora/menu/panmame.pnd

PND_FSTYPE : Squashfs

APPDATADIR : /media/SD32/pandora/appdata/panmame

APPDD_FSTYPE : vfat

PND_CPUSPEED : <unset>

EXENAME : scripts/advmenu.sh

ARGUMENTS : <unset>

=======================================================================================

[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------

Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/panmame"

Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/SD32/pandora/appdata/panmame=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/panmame=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/panmame"

[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Starting the application (scripts/advmenu.sh ) ----------

mkdir: cannot create directory `/mnt/utmp/panmame/.advance': File exists

AdvanceMENU - Copyright © 1999-2008 by Andrea Mazzoleni

Error reading at line 186628 for element/attribute `' for not well-formed (invalid token).

Error reading the 'AdvanceMAME' information from file '/mnt/utmp/panmame/.advance/AdvanceMAME.xml'.

Emulator '/mnt/utmp/panmame/bin/advmame' without game information, ignoring it.

No working emulator found. Adjust the `emulator' options in your configuration file. These options are documented in the `advmenu.txt' file.

[sUCCESS]--- Starting the application (scripts/advmenu.sh ) ----------

[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/panmame': Device or resource busy

[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

cleanup done

[sUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------

Return code is : 3

Updated previous post.

I noticed outrun and super hang-on are pretty slow.

And modeler roms (arabian fight, rad mobile) doesn't work.

Anyone have hints at getting sound working in Berzerk? Put the file in sample folder but still quiet.
Press FN then Space you can then use up and down on the d-pad to select the dfferent individual settings for audio and video settings (indivdual channels/samples)

Back