Pandora's Box (art)?

CronoTriggerfan

Website
pixelstopolygons.com
We all know the Pandora is gorgeous. But will the box be just as pretty? :p Seeing as they're only making 3,000 for the first production run, will there even [i[be[/i] a real box, or just a brown one? All speculation is null and void as there has been nothing released on the matter, which leads me to wonder why we can't try thinking of some possible designs. Anyone have any ideas? :D

Javacat: I'd vote for the Court of the Crimson King cover in your avatar ;) edit: woah, your avatar is random? Cool.

chad78 said:
I'd like to see it wrapped in something like this:

2539676653_c0a281c0a4.jpg
Click for big

awesome. :D
remember to use ς instead of σ at the end of a word...also "th" is θ and a few other typos... :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom` said:
remember to use ς instead of σ at the end of a word...also "th" is θ and a few other typos... :p

Thanks, but I just typed it in a Greek font or two.
Here's a better version.
2539796977_e8665a1afc.jpg
Click for Big
More consistent, more "languages" (read:FONTS), more to-the-point.

I think Craigix was going to go all cheap chinese MP4 box style. That is, white box with foam.

I know you can buy custom christmas wrap. Criagix could use that pattern and hand-wrap the boxes given or laoned to interviewers.

chad78 said:
and the box to be something like this:

2539676859_8eda3bb8d7.jpg
Click for big

Sorry, but that looks a little like an advertisement for a random pmp you would see in Chinatown... Since this will be sold on the web i don't see why it would need to advertise the functions on the box. One of the few things gamepark holdings got right was the box, simple but quality.

chad78 said:
Tom` said:

Thanks, but I just typed it in a Greek font or two.
Here's a better version.
2539796977_e8665a1afc.jpg
Click for Big
More consistent, more "languages" (read:FONTS), more to-the-point.

And just to add more languages...

パンドラのバクス!
開けない!

How about making it a little subtle, maybe a white box with just the "box" printed on the top.

btw could someone make a the little box logo a smiley?

it would be so kickass to have it greek-style...
the box itself is a important design feature (just look at the product name: Pandora!) and the "do not open" on the box sounds incredible.
maybe have it with a very basic box with some kind of pandora-related texture (washed out image, very close to white) and have the "do not open" written in greek?

.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
it would be so kickass to have it greek-style...
the box itself is a important design feature (just look at the product name: Pandora!) and the "do not open" on the box sounds incredible.
maybe have it with a very basic box with some kind of pandora-related texture (washed out image, very close to white) and have the "do not open" written in greek?
well, if it was written in Greek, who would be able to read it? ;)
Or, since Latin is the language of educated people, we could use that: noli aperire, or something like that - my Latin's a bit rusty. :p

Wrap it up in bubble wrap and stick it in a FedEx box. Why should any money be wasted on retail packaging for a product that won't (at least initially) be sold in retail stores? This isn't a Taiwanese video card. The Pandora doesn't need cheesy box art to sell it.

Chip said:
Wrap it up in bubble wrap and stick it in a FedEx box. Why should any money be wasted on retail packaging for a product that won't (at least initially) be sold in retail stores? This isn't a Taiwanese video card. The Pandora doesn't need cheesy box art to sell it.
Maybe not, but we the consumer can at least expect a box with padding and an instruction sheet of some kind that surely goes with some EU rule on electronic items sale! ;)

Chip said:
That'll do for me. If it has to have a box then a plain, off the shelf, cheap item to keep costs down. Wasteful packaging can be quite expensive and normally has cash spent on it for (retail) marketing purposes - so is not really needed yet. And its bad for the planet...

any form of marketing money, is usually from its investors if they are company wide. While I wouldnt be surprised if all they used was just a plain box; having a machine that publically mentions it being the first to use a new piece of tech, the box is most likely look of that calibur.

Back