Pandora Box Art

lucidchaos

Website
Visit site
Box art will not make or break a product. If that were the case, every video card release would have failed. Miserably.

Keeping that in mind, I will never forget opening up my first iPod box. It was a triumph of simple design and different enough on the inside to be memorable.

I want to remember the moment I unbox my Pandora.

With this in mind, I proudly present my initial contribution to the box art selection:

Simple, yet refreshing.

This community has blown my mind with some of the artistic design from the logo and typeface thread. And even though there is no budget for box art I'm sure we can do better than this:

phalanx.jpg

I vaguely remember seeing that game sitting on a shelf at my Premiere Video Store... back when VHS was king.

Edit:

Btw, ZZ Top ftw.

From English Wikipedia:
Phalanx is infamous for the incongruous box art in its American release: it displays a bearded elderly man dressed in overalls, wearing a fedora and playing a banjo while a futuristic spaceship flies in the background. The popular media site IGN named it their 5th "Most Awesome Cover" in a recent Top 25 Countdown on their website [1].

The box art designers later admitted that they had deliberately chosen this theme in order to attract the customer with something original considering there were many space shooters in the market that looked alike.

The box art team must have come in to work on shrooms that day.

And the project manager, drunk.

PoisonedV said:
http://i36.tinypic.com/vmt28p.png

too huge to post

not bad for 16 minutes after initial post :blink:

Or was this on your desktop the whole time?

Last edited by a moderator:
it only took a couple minutes, mostly playing with blending options & modes, had some text below that said "open" but it didnt look as good

Back