Box Art Anyone?

maddis

Website
www.ringtonesheep.co.uk
Hi, I'm currently uploading the box art and scan collection i have. It all comes to just over 1.2gb so as soon as its up ill post the link.

Here's the contents of the 7zip file you will expect to have once its up

I hope this comes useful :)

Box Art - Sega Mega CD

Commodore Amiga CD32 Game Covers

Covers - Nintendo 64

Covers - Sega Saturn

Covers - SegaCD

Nintendo 64 Cartridge Scans

Sega CD box & disc scans

BoxScans-SegaCD.zip

AmigaCD32 Covers & Labels.zip

Sega DreamCast.rar

NTSC U PSX Front Covers Complete.rar

Nintendo_N64_snaps[all_country].rar

Boxscans_N64_(USA)_28May04.rar

Link: http://depositfiles.com/files/wb3n8tq7g

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. The more the merrier. Doesn't hurt to have more choice. :)

I'm not sure the current state of emulator development, but i hope this will allow (providing people have the time) to have a sort of index / standard thumbnail database file, so when selecting your backed up roms, the emulator will load the thumbnail/ cartridge scan respectively

I don't know, I'm not sure if this kind of thing would be allowed. Shipping emulators with copyrighted images? Emulation in itself is kind of on a thin line, according to certain companies...

Er, where are you uploading it to? And are you seriously putting all of those into one 7z file?

I don't know, I'm not sure if this kind of thing would be allowed. Shipping emulators with copyrighted images? Emulation in itself is kind of on a thin line, according to certain companies...
Quite true, perhaps we ought make it possible for the emulators to accept the files in a special format, along with maybe a description, i.e. in the style of FreezeSMS?

Quite true, perhaps we ought make it possible for the emulators to accept the files in a special format, along with maybe a description, i.e. in the style of FreezeSMS?

Maybe it could work like Mame. The emulator doesn't come with the artwork, yet if the user 'Puts their own scans' in the folder, the emulator will preview the artwork. There would need to be a standard i agree (ie: like a standard that 'goodrom' 'good snes' has, ie: using the <game name> [!].png)

Maybe it could work like Mame. The emulator doesn't come with the artwork, yet if the user 'Puts their own scans' in the folder, the emulator will preview the artwork. There would need to be a standard i agree (ie: like a standard that 'goodrom' 'good snes' has, ie: using the <game name> [!].png)

Precisely!

Totally agree when I use the emulators on my pandora I often think having box art or screen shots for each individual rom would be far more appealing

Back