Since All We Are Getting Is A Fedex Box

God Ginrai said:
Phawx said:
Miknal said:
I would rather Pandora save a few quid and just send a regular box. What ever it is will just get binned by me (and I suspect a fair few others) anyway.

Once again, this is not for the DEV's to produce and include with our shipment. This would only be for the community MADE by the community Produced at Kinko's or someplace paid for with YOUR money.

You ARE getting a regular box.

Because you're totally a Pandora dev who has decided it will all be shipped without boxes.

If you want me to believe, show me references. Otherwise, don't talk so certain.

-God Ginrai

how about you stfu
no need to be cheeky seeing he is totally correct, theres been plenty of these topics, and its been decided that it will be a plain box, you want the reference you look for it, unless your willing to pay us to do your research

now that doesnt mean the decision cant be changed

Last edited by a moderator:
emcp said:
God Ginrai said:
Phawx said:
Miknal said:
I would rather Pandora save a few quid and just send a regular box. What ever it is will just get binned by me (and I suspect a fair few others) anyway.

Once again, this is not for the DEV's to produce and include with our shipment. This would only be for the community MADE by the community Produced at Kinko's or someplace paid for with YOUR money.

You ARE getting a regular box.

Because you're totally a Pandora dev who has decided it will all be shipped without boxes.

If you want me to believe, show me references. Otherwise, don't talk so certain.

-God Ginrai

how about you stfu
no need to be cheeky seeing he is totally correct, theres been plenty of these topics, and its been decided that it will be a plain box, you want the reference you look for it, unless your willing to pay us to do your research

now that doesnt mean the decision cant be changed

I've seen plenty of posts by Craig saying that the box would be pretty plain. And I've seen plenty mentioning Fedex shipping. Adding the two together does NOT equal plain Fedex box. It could equal that, but it could also equal plain box IN a Fedex box. I do read a lot of these box art topics, and I haven't seen anything damn well definitive, so don't you accuse me of being ignorant without some proof.

-God Ginrai

Chill, both of you. I understand where both of you are coming from, and in a way, you're both right. Keep in mind that some dev (might have been Craig) said something along the lines of "why don't we just get a lot of those free FedEx boxes and use those", implying that they'd get the cheapest box possible, throw in a Pandora, the extras, and some packing material, and send it off.

This might or might not be what he actually said, I could be remembering it totally wrong. Also, things can change, and can change quickly.

Vorporeal said:
Chill, both of you. I understand where both of you are coming from, and in a way, you're both right. Keep in mind that some dev (might have been Craig) said something along the lines of "why don't we just get a lot of those free FedEx boxes and use those", implying that they'd get the cheapest box possible, throw in a Pandora, the extras, and some packing material, and send it off.

This might or might not be what he actually said, I could be remembering it totally wrong. Also, things can change, and can change quickly.
I think you're right about what he said. And IMHO, that's not very definitive. Hence my request for references.

-God Ginrai

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...6124&hl=#15

Chip said:
3GBP per box for 4k boxes turns into 12kGBP total, which we don't have. We're already losing money on this batch, so any extras like fancy packaging just put us farther in the hole.
Even if it's a plain box inside of a FedEx box, it would cost them extra. Things can change, I agree. But I don't want OP to pay more for a plain box just to stuff inside of a fedex box, when the FedEx Box is already free.

@ God Ginrai

I agree, I should never talk in absolutes. I am only ever 99% sure of anything.

@Everyone

The point of this thread was to develop a box that we could create ourselves. Sort of like Papercraft, just with heavier stock paper and not much of craft because it would just be a box with flaps. /shrug

Phawx said:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...6124&hl=#15

Chip said:
3GBP per box for 4k boxes turns into 12kGBP total, which we don't have. We're already losing money on this batch, so any extras like fancy packaging just put us farther in the hole.
That doesn't mean we're getting a plain Fedex box. In fact, it doesn't even mention Fedex. It just says that they can't put much money into making the boxes look good.

-God Ginrai

@ God Ginrai

I posted too quickly and couldn't edit fast enough. Please look at the post above yours.

edit: Also, you can replace FedEx box with "free shipping box"

@Mali

Thanks for the backup, but I had a hidden camera installed over God Ginrai's door and this is what I captured:

duty_calls.png

God Ginrai, as well as I, are soldiers of the internet. Duty Calls. DO YOU ACCEPT THE CHARGES!?

Phawx said:
@ God Ginrai

I posted too quickly and couldn't edit fast enough. Please look at the post above yours.

edit: Also, you can replace FedEx box with "free shipping box"
I see. I understand your feelings about not wanting Craig and Co. to have to pay extra to get us boxes. I don't want them to have to spend much either. However, I would like them to get at least a plain box that just says Pandora on it, because I'm not a big fan of the Fedex/UPS box "mystique".

EDIT:
Phawx said:
@mali

Thanks for the backup, but I had a hidden camera installed over God Ginrai's door and this is what I captured:

duty_calls.png

God Ginrai, as well as I, are soldiers of the internet. Duty Calls. DO YOU ACCEPT THE CHARGES!?

I ACCEPT! ;)

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
That doesn't mean we're getting a plain Fedex box. In fact, it doesn't even mention Fedex. It just says that they can't put much money into making the boxes look good.
Is:

Chip said:
As long as Fedex still gives out free boxes, we're set.
any better for you?

God Ginrai said:
I understand your feelings about not wanting Craig and Co. to have to pay extra to get us boxes. I don't want them to have to spend much either. However, I would like them to get at least a plain box that just says Pandora on it, because I'm not a big fan of the Fedex/UPS box "mystique".
So... let me get this straight. Because I probably haven't. But the way I read it... you're OK with a plain box so long as it has customised printing on it, then?

Monk said:
God Ginrai said:
Is:

Chip said:
As long as Fedex still gives out free boxes, we're set.
any better for you?

God Ginrai said:
I understand your feelings about not wanting Craig and Co. to have to pay extra to get us boxes. I don't want them to have to spend much either. However, I would like them to get at least a plain box that just says Pandora on it, because I'm not a big fan of the Fedex/UPS box "mystique".
So... let me get this straight. Because I probably haven't. But the way I read it... you're OK with a plain box so long as it has customised printing on it, then?

No, I don't believe that post by Chip is definitive enough.

And no, I am fine with a plain box as long as it is not a shipping box. I would like something to be on the box to designate it is for the Pandora, but I don't need it. I just don't want my Pandora's box to be a shipping box.

-God Ginrai

Phawx said:
@mali

duty_calls.png

28l56xs.jpg

ive been waiting for a chance to use that

God Ginrai said:
No, I don't believe that post by Chip is definitive enough.

And no, I am fine with a plain box as long as it is not a shipping box. I would like something to be on the box to designate it is for the Pandora, but I don't need it. I just don't want my Pandora's box to be a shipping box.

-God Ginrai
I had a feeling it wouldn't be definitive enough. For any better I believe you'd have to stitch together multiple posts and even then I doubt it will be good enough (google search seems to find a lot of FedEx comments though).

I may have a solution to your wanting something better than a shipping box though - have you ordered one of the carry cases?

Burn me too, I'm totally down with the simple if it means getting my pandora quickly and with as little pain as possible.

... they can ship me a box later. :p

I can't believe that people are still obsessing over a cardboard box!!!!

However, I quite like that black one with the hearts.

If you read my entire post, and the post it was a response to, you'll see that I was just pointing out that if it comes down to delaying shipment to wait for fancy boxes or using whatever was handy, we'd obviously take the second option.

There is a long list of things that have to happen before the Pandora can ship. There is an even longer list of things we would really like to make happen, and will as soon as we can, but we won't necessarily hold up shipping to wait for them. Fancy boxes are on the second list.

Back