Pandora Box Art And Sd Art

Phawx

Professional Derailer
I saw
av-14833.gif
as Prometheus' Avatar and I was wondering if anyone wanted to help come up with ideas for a template graphic like this:

dsboxartfu9.jpg

XBLA has these as Box Art "cards" and they've reported since the "NXE", where the box art cards debuted, sales for Live Arcade have since tripled: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/xbox...-says-microsoft

So I thought it would be a good idea if we came up with a template for Pandora Games and Apps. For the DS, its on the left hand side. For XBLA its on the top end.

These are my terrible submissions.

template2lf8.png

template1ne4.png

test1vl5.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, before I start, since that avatar of mine will inevitably change in the future, here it is for the record;

MMAC_SD_Avatar.gif

(The 25% sized version is here, for a closer look.)

On-topic, I just made up a quick "box front" concept to match that label idea, and you can see it just here (it's 25% of the actual size).

Prometheus said:
Well, before I start, since that avatar of mine will inevitably change in the future, here it is for the record;

MMAC_SD_Avatar.gif

(The 25% sized version is here, for a closer look.)

On-topic, I just made up a quick "box front" concept to match that label idea, and you can see it just here (it's 25% of the actual size).

+1 to both

That is a nice idea!
@prometheus: I like your SD card design.
@Pseudonym: that reminds me of those old mastersystem game boxes!

If theres cheaper sd cards like 100mb... count me in! :)
It's no fun anymore nowadays.... with GB sdcards.

I'd like to show off a library of sd cards :p

xnopasaranx said:
@Prometheus: I like your SD card design.
Thanks much. :) I had another idea for it, too, which just involves rotating it so that the strip with the logo on it is at the top of the (fictional) packaging - it might look decent as a backing card for a blister-packed SD Card (which would sit in its fictional little plastic SD Card case in its fictional blister-pack somewhere around the middle, or perhaps closer to the base). I should really make a mock-up of that. :p

Oh that's sounds like a good idea as well. I do miss the old Master System Boxes.

I've made a quick packaging mock-up based on a variant of my SD-label design - with actual packaging from an SDHC Card that arrived in the post this morning, and an old microSD-to-SD adapter (and its case) that was sitting around on my desk. :D

Pandora_SD_Card_Packaging_Mock-up.png

Please pardon the fact that the backing card doesn't fit exactly - I don't have a printer of my own and had to borrow someone else's for this, and I didn't account for the margins the printer added, which left the image a bit shorter and thinner than it was supposed to be. :p

That oddity aside, I'm quite happy with how it came out (even if the printer did start running out of ink during the process :p).

Looks good. It would be so awesome to see a shelf full.

Prometheus said:
I've made a quick packaging mock-up based on a variant of my SD-label design - with actual packaging from an SDHC Card that arrived in the post this morning, and an old microSD-to-SD adapter (and its case) that was sitting around on my desk. :D

Pandora_SD_Card_Packaging_Mock-up.png

Please pardon the fact that the backing card doesn't fit exactly - I don't have a printer of my own and had to borrow someone else's for this, and I didn't account for the margins the printer added, which left the image a bit shorter and thinner than it was supposed to be. :p

That oddity aside, I'm quite happy with how it came out (even if the printer did start running out of ink during the process :p).
The more ponderous (not bigger) the package the more the attention of the customers.
Your design is good for me but it will never catch the attention of the people.

StreaK said:
I think we need to create box for games for collectors: well prepared, well designed and this kind of packing will fail.
I can't comment on collectors - I just see boxes as storage and protection, for the most part.

That example, as previously noted, was made by recycling some packaging that another card had arrived in - it was just quickly put together for the fun of it, and certainly wasn't meant to be taken seriously. :p

EDIT: Whoops, quote-pyramid. Fixed.

Ok, here's my submissions...
They're very simple but I have put a lot of time in it believe it or not.
Please tell me what you think! :D

No game-Layout
PandoraBoxart3.jpg

Super Metroid
PandoraBoxart4.jpg

Super Metroid-Better
PandoraBoxart5.jpg

Wow, I really like that (especially the second Super Metroid one - the changing up of the border colour works nicely).

Somehow, the "PANDORA" text at the top puts me in mind of the Commodore 64. :)

Back