Pandora/wiz Softcase Prototype

Choose a number, look below

• Total voters

Ive added some new color schemes and designs...

Please vote and tell me if you like them. I'm gonna try to ready a new prototype today with closing mechanism!

Thanks!

This looks absolutely incredible. I'm sure my Pandora would love to be able to call such a nice little pocket home. Looking forward to today's new prototypes!

EDIT: Trooper fixed my accidental triple-post. That explains the seemingly-out of place post two below this one.

Vorporeal said:
This looks absolutely incredible. I'm sure my Pandora would love to be able to call such a nice little pocket home. Looking forward to today's new prototypes!

Thanks!

Be sure to vote too :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Vorporeal said:

EDIT: OMG CRAP. My internet was being really sporadic, and I accidentally posted that three times. Can a mod help please?

I uh...appreciate the enthusiasm lol :p

this is the third time hehe

Very interesting Project. :) I like the Ideas. For my Pandora I could imagine a black fabric for the case itself and a nice blue one for the Logo. By the way, I like the fabric material of the Logos, nice and shiny, good contrast to the dark and mathe case-fabric.
I hope the damping-factor of the "foam" part will be enough to protect a 335g weight Device. :)

Pleng said:
Having said that I have a feeling that OP have not done any work on the Pandora case as of yet, so might be worth speaking to them to see if they want to make it the 'official' one. Can't remember how much I paid for the case when I bought the Pandora. Might be convinced to remove that from the order and get one of these depending on how much you're planning to charge.
I strongly HOPE they already started with the protective/carrying case because I already payed 14€ for this thing! But...somehow there is indeed not much info about the official pandora (soft?)case... :(
Well, at the Moment there should be enough time for the case because they also just waiting for the finished Plastic Parts of the Pandora (and do some Videos and a little bit TV out cable afaik)

ricki said:
Maybe some little pokets for SDHC-cards could be a good idea?!

Great work so far :)
Totally agree, could you make some small pockets on the inside to hold maybe 2 sd cards, as the Pandora will be about swapping cards from time to time this would come in really handy.
I also like the new designs, mostly the white Pandora logo in the blue circle (Number 7 I think).
Though I think a case has also to protect, so the Pandora does not take any damage when falling on the floor (god hope that never happens to anyone ;) ), so it has to be robust and stable but at the same time soft on the inside...

Apart from that, great creation, keep it up!

foxblock out

Looking into that, Thanks.

Right now i'm actually worried OP might frown upon this, never tried anything like this before.

I don't think you should be worried about a "backlash" from OP. They made this device to be a community device, and are (or at least should be) totally open to community creations (both virtual and physical) surrounding the Pandora. They're not primarily in this to make money. If they do, great. If not, they'll break even and provide the community with a powerhouse, developer-friendly, portable device. If they aren't welcoming of your efforts, well, that's a hell of a shame - I would expect them to be above that.

I like the current look!

Well, it's pretty obvious what to do - offer black Pandora cases with a logo colour of your choice.

I'm partial to blue and orange. :)

Thanks for your comments everyone, Today I went out and bought some new fabrics... I'll have the new cases tomorrow with a new look, hope you guys will like them.

Thanks for your comments, they really help :)

These look great.

I'd echo the request for a couple of SD card holders and maybe a press stud or some velcro to hold it shut.

The hole for the headphones should be easy enough to do (you can buy cheap metal rings that go in the fabric like shoe lace holes), but I'm not too sure about the hole for the volume control as it could be a bit too big.

Great idea and well implemented. Good luck with the project :)

I aggree with the other guys/girls about the following:

- the softcase should be closed (= so get something like velcro etc.)
- it should still be a "softcase" and therefore not contain much plastic
- a folder for 1-2 SD Cards would be great (perhaps somewhere near the inside)
- the case should get smooth clip or belt loops (~ so you could wear it at your belt)
-> for the rest look at javaJakes comment

For the logo/design, I prefer number 8 (*click*) with the dark blue colour of this picture (*click*) for the circle (~ the turquoise blends you and doesn't look good). It contains the symbol, the typical colours of the pandora and even more fits the circle quite well [could stand up for an equal connection or various usability and NO don't come me with any similarity to PSP UMD stuff !] :)

If I am the only one who like this at most, perhaps you could do me the favor and make at least such one for me (of course it depends of the costs, but I guess up to 20$ should be fair). But I should probably wait at the moment and see whats comes up to your mind (perhaps an even more fitting style of the logo) :lol:

Best wishes,
-- Hawkey

PS: ED said in the german forum, that craig is responsible for the official pandora bag. Perhaps you could send him a PN or a Mail and offer him your service (would be really nice to know that even the bags are independent and no 08/15 crappy industries) ;)

Hawkey said:
I aggree with the other guys/girls about the following:

- the softcase should be closed (= so get something like velcro etc.)
- it should still be a "softcase" and therefore not contain much plastic
- a folder for 1-2 SD Cards would be great (perhaps somewhere near the inside)
- the case should get smooth clip or belt loops (~ so you could wear it at your belt)
-> for the rest look at javaJakes comment

For the logo/design, I prefer number 8 (*click*) with the dark blue colour of this picture (*click*) for the circle (~ the turquoise blends you and doesn't look good). It contains the symbol, the typical colours of the pandora and even more fits the circle quite well [could stand up for an equal connection or various usability and NO don't come me with any similarity to PSP UMD stuff !] :)

If I am the only one who like this at most, perhaps you could do me the favor and make at least such one for me (of course it depends of the costs, but I guess up to 20$ should be fair). But I should probably wait at the moment and see whats comes up to your mind (perhaps an even more fitting style of the logo) :lol:

Best wishes,
-- Hawkey

PS: ED said in the german forum, that craig is responsible for the official pandora bag. Perhaps you could send him a PN or a Mail and offer him your service (would be really nice to know that even the bags are independent and no 08/15 crappy industries) ;)

I appreciate your comments a lot, I'm taking them all in consideration and we are hard at work at coming up with new prototypes.

Regarding the official case, yeah i'll probably ask craig or something but in no way do I have the infrastructure to mass produce these cases in a way to replace official ones.

Like I said, I'm doing this for more personal reasons so...in the end I might just sell them to those who really want them and since it would be a small quantity, people would
be able to choose their own color or design.

I think these look awesome.

I would definitely purchase one for my Pandora.

I like design 1 best, nice and simple, but don't really mind what the final design is.

Good luck with this and I look forward to buying one.

Back